Fed Cup Britain - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 15th, 2006, 01:19 PM   #1
country flag liam_valid

liam_valid is just really nice liam_valid is just really nice liam_valid is just really nice liam_valid is just really nice liam_valid is just really nice liam_valid is just really nice liam_valid is just really nice liam_valid is just really nice liam_valid is just really nice liam_valid is just really nice liam_valid is just really nice
Fed Cup Britain

Do we have any chance in the near future of making the world group?
liam_valid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 15th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #2
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Well we got one tie away from getting to the group 2 play-offs and based on the teams there we could have beaten a few of them.

If Naomi Cavaday continues to improve and fulfill her potential i think we will have a great shiot over the next few years.

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 11:01 PM   #3
country flag WIMBY

WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of
Fed Cup Team 2007

Who will be picked this year?

At present I would say

Anne, Melanie, Katie and Claire

but depends on fitness of Bally and results over next few weeks with Melanie/Claire playing doubles together so could be

Anne, Bally, Claire/Melanie

will be interesting

6 Singles titles and 24 Doubles titles, 3rd rnd 2012 & 1/4 Final 07 Wimbledon Mixed Doubles, Round 2 Wimbledon 06

"You have to dream big and go for it. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and ignore those who try to bring you down. Never give up, no matter what - overcoming obstacles makes you stronger." "If it is to be, it is up to me".
WIMBY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 05:32 PM   #4

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup Britain

Its prob the most competative FED cup team for years, which is a good thing.

, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 07:20 PM   #5
country flag WIMBY

WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica_Rules View Post
Its prob the most competative FED cup team for years, which is a good thing.
Totally agree. Nigel is probably in Spain to make his selection.

6 Singles titles and 24 Doubles titles, 3rd rnd 2012 & 1/4 Final 07 Wimbledon Mixed Doubles, Round 2 Wimbledon 06

"You have to dream big and go for it. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and ignore those who try to bring you down. Never give up, no matter what - overcoming obstacles makes you stronger." "If it is to be, it is up to me".
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #6
country flag WIMBY

Think team will be out Monday.

Old Mar 24th, 2007, 03:06 PM   #7

Ok if its out Monday i'm going for

Anne, Katie and Claire. I'd think he'd pick Naomi but FED cup doesn't really fit into her schedule.

, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 03:13 PM   #8
country flag Farina Elia Fan
Team WTAworld

Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute

If its monday - Anne, Katie, Claire and Naomi but if not then probably Mel. Depends who plays with Claire really. Anne and her won a $25k event while Mel and Claire havent clicked yet.

So if Mel doesnt play doubles, I wouldnt take her. I would pick Georgie or someone like that for experience because Mel just isnt in form at the moment.
Farina Elia Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 03:15 PM   #9
country flag IMPOSSIBLE
. . .

IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute

Naomi will be in USA i think

My Selections

Anne Keothavong, Georgie Stoop, Claire Curran and Katie O'Brien

I know my selections are odd but im leaving out South because at the moment she cant win a singles match and Elena Baltacha has no real match fitness built up just yet. Stoop is playing well and i believe would rise to the occation and Amanda is on some HOT form

Last edited by IMPOSSIBLE : Mar 24th, 2007 at 03:39 PM.
IMPOSSIBLE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 03:22 PM   #10
Team WTAworld

Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Amanda will struggle on the clay - she loves fast courts or else I would agree with you
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 03:39 PM   #11
country flag IMPOSSIBLE
. . .

IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute

So Katie then
IMPOSSIBLE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #12
country flag WIMBY

I'm going for

Anne, Bally (if fit) Claire and Naomi

Old Mar 24th, 2007, 09:43 PM   #13
country flag jamatthews

jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIMBY View Post
I'm going for

Anne, Bally (if fit) Claire and Naomi
Ditto, although I would have thought Bally was easily fit enough for 4 doubles matches. Any singles matches she can play would be a bonus.
jamatthews is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2007, 08:37 PM   #14
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamatthews View Post
Ditto, although I would have thought Bally was easily fit enough for 4 doubles matches. Any singles matches she can play would be a bonus.

so Bally and Claire in doubles and Anne and Naomi in singles??
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 11:55 AM   #15

Anyone seen if the teams been announced?

, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter