Italian League Verdict - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 15th, 2006, 06:49 AM   #1
country flag Marcus1979
Team WTAworld

Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Italian League Verdict

sorry if this has been posted

ITALIAN football has finally got the bad news it had been expecting for weeks, with four of the country's top clubs punished for their parts in the match-fixing scandal that has rocked the country.

The following is a guide to the punishments handed down to the clubs and some of Italy's leading football administrators:

Juventus:
Relegated to Serie B and deducted 30 points next season.
Stripped of last two league titles from 2005 and 2006 seasons, and demoted to last place in the 2005 season.
Former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi given five-year ban.
Former Juventus chief executive Antonio Giraudo given five-year ban.
AC Milan:
Deducted 15 points next season and kicked out of the 2006-07 Champions League.
AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani given one-year ban.
Club official Leonardo Meani banned for three years and six months.
Fiorentina
Relegated to Serie B and deducted 12 points next season.
Fiorentina president Andrea Della Valle banned for three years and six months ban.
Fiorentina honourary president Diego Della Valle given four-year ban.
Lazio
Relegated to Serie B and deducted seven points next season.
Lazio president Claudio Lotito given three-year ban.
Lecce, Messina, and Treviso, who finished in the Serie A relegation zone, will now keep their places in the top flight.

Officials
Italian football federation (FIGC) president Franco Carraro banned for four years and six months.
Vice-President Innocenzo Mazzini suspended for five years.

Refereeing officials
Head of Referees Association Pierluigi Pairetto banned for two years and six months.
President Tullio Lanese banned two years and six months.
Vice-president Gennaro Mazzei banned for one year.

Referees
Massimo De Santis banned for four years and six months.
Paolo Dondarini banned for three years and six months.
Gianluca Paparesta banned for three months.
Pasquale Rodomonti, Paolo Bertini, Domenico Messina, Gianluca Rocchi and Paolo Tagliavento cleared.

Linesmen
Claudio Puglisi banned for one year.
Fabrizio Babini banned for a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzaneumannn View Post
So who will win the next 6 Wimbledons? Petra 2 of them, thats for sure. And dont even try to tell me that you see some hotter candidates than hers!
Marcus1979 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 15th, 2006, 12:34 PM   #2
country flag wta_zuperfann
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute
They went too easy on them. An irreversible lifetime ban for all involved and suspension of the entire team for 2 or 3 years would have been far better.

I have my suspicions that all will soon be forgiven. Back around 1980 Paolo Rossi was supposedly banned for life but was forgiven just in time for the 1982 World Cup. It wouldn't surprise me to see everything conveniently forgiven real soon.

Abraham Lincoln
wta_zuperfann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 12:44 PM   #3
country flag Josh B.

Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute
feel so bad for Juventus, they need to win 10 games, just to get back to 0 points!!

MANCHESTER UNITED

VICE BOSS OF THE GOOD REP FAIRES AND CO-FOUNDER
Josh B. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 12:45 PM   #4
country flag Josh B.

Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute
so grateful AC stayed in seria A, they only need 5 wins to be back to 0

FORZA MILAN!

MANCHESTER UNITED

VICE BOSS OF THE GOOD REP FAIRES AND CO-FOUNDER
Josh B. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 09:42 PM   #5
country flag Lord Chips

Lord Chips has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh B.
feel so bad for Juventus, they need to win 10 games, just to get back to 0 points!!
Well they shouldn't have cheated then should they???
Lord Chips is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 09:50 PM   #6
country flag watchdogfish
Vide cor meum

watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute
I think they're lucky they weren't completely thrown out of all the leagues