junri namigata cheering thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:27 PM   #31
country flag martin white

martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of
junri qualified for the md in tokyo! she will face castano in the 1strd,good luck junri! great effort to qualify!
martin white is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2006, 05:42 AM   #32
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute
Junri beat Castano
3 sets

IshizuMcHaleRiskeCrawford
CornetSchmiedlovaLepchenkoTakaoTatishviliLushkova
TanasugarnMiyamuraGonzalezAoyamaWatson
I miss Ai. Rebecca and Shinobu
-sugi- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 06:08 AM   #33
country flag pcrtennis

pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future
I think that's her first WTA MD win! Nice going! SHe's solid!
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 03:20 PM   #34
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing...

Old Oct 10th, 2006, 06:39 PM   #35
country flag -sugi-

Junri made the quarter finals She is top 100 for sure, a typical Japanese late bloomer

Old Oct 10th, 2006, 06:39 PM   #36
country flag -sugi-

GIFU
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 06:39 PM   #37
country flag -sugi-

GIFU 06

Old Oct 15th, 2006, 12:01 PM   #38

martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of
thanks sugi for the great pics! this thread is starting to come to life now! junri is up to#145 in the wta rankings now,she will play next week in the 50k event in beijing! go junri
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 05:42 AM   #39
country flag zeusmerlin

zeusmerlin is a glorious beacon of light zeusmerlin is a glorious beacon of light zeusmerlin is a glorious beacon of light zeusmerlin is a glorious beacon of light zeusmerlin is a glorious beacon of light zeusmerlin is a glorious beacon of light zeusmerlin is a glorious beacon of light zeusmerlin is a glorious beacon of light zeusmerlin is a glorious beacon of light zeusmerlin is a glorious beacon of light zeusmerlin is a glorious beacon of light
Junri in Tokyo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Junri.jpg (1.6 KB, 12 views)
zeusmerlin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2006, 10:55 AM   #40

Re: junri namigata cheering thread

time to liven this thread up again! junri will play the qualies in auckland,and then onto the oz open qualies! i plan to go to the qualie event,hopefully junri can qualify into the md! good luck in 2007 junri!
Old Dec 26th, 2006, 11:03 AM   #41
country flag -sugi-

GANBATTE!

Top 100 beckons for Junri chan

Old Dec 26th, 2006, 11:15 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sugi- View Post
GANBATTE!

Top 100 beckons for Junri chan
she can do it! lets hope her great form late 06 will continue into 07! sugi[adam] is the photo aiko and seiko okamoto?
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #43
country flag -sugi-

yep it was Aiko and Seiko in my avatar You should get an avatar Martin

Anyway, Junri Plays Keothavong in R1 of Australian Open Quallies.
Junri should win this.

It seems people forget in GM that Junri is a Tokyo Quarterfinalist

Old Jan 11th, 2007, 05:05 AM   #44
country flag -sugi-

Junri lost 46 46

Old Jan 14th, 2007, 11:47 AM   #45
country flag -sugi-

Just found a nice and old Junri article from 2004

Ms. Namigata was born in Saitama prefecture in 1982. She graduated from Horikoshi High School, and now she is a senior at the School of Social Sciences. She is in Prof. Haruo Kataoka’s seminar, and is on the tennis team. When she was in the first year of high school, she was one of the 16 best players in the All Japan Tennis Championship. Two years later, she took the crown in the All Japan Junior Tennis Championship. In 2001, she won the intercollegiate doubles championship, was the runner-up in the singles division, and was a member of the championship team in the “Oza” competition. This year, she won the victory in the intercollegiate singles division, and was a member of the team that took the crown in the Kanto Universities’ League. She has received high scores in many other competitions as well. Her hobby is cooking desserts, especially tiramisu and cheesecake.

Ms. Namigata really loves tennis. Influenced by her parents, she has held a racket as long as she can remember. When she was in the third grade, she took the crown in the regional competition. From that point on, her interest in tennnis greatly increased. When she was in junior high school, as soon as class were over, she would go to a well-known tennis school and practice intensively. Unlike ordinary teenage girls, she devoted herself to tennis so that she had no time to chat with her friends or follow the latest fashions. When she was in the first year of high school, she was one of the 16 best players in the All Japan Tennis Championship. Two years later, she took the crown in the All Japan Junior Tennis Championship.

Ms. Namigata decided to go to college because “going professional did not seem like a very attractive choice, although I did think about it”. Still, it was difficult for her to abandon the idea of becoming a professional player. However, "Japanese players can play for a long time. I thought that it would not be too late if I turn professional after I graduated from college," said Ms. Namigata. She chose Waseda because of its attractive facilities.

She has fulfilled the expectations of her teammates. When she was a freshman, she made a brilliant debut at the intercollegiate championships. She took the crown in the doubles and came out second best in the singles. In addition, she led her team to victory in the team competition “Oza”. Since then, however, life at the top has been something of a struggle. The following year, she suffered from backache, and last year, she had to drop out in the fourth round of the intercollegiate singles. “Ever since I entered the university, I had wanted the title of intercollegiate singles.” She resisted her desire to hit balls and concentrated on increasing her strength. That effort made her stronger not only physically but also mentally. This year, she defeated her opponent in the finals with overwhelming power.

Ms. Namigata has decided to become professional player after graduation. “To be active in the demanding world of professional tennis, I will need to be stronger in body and mind. I have a feeling that it will be very hard. But now that I’ve achieved my goals in college, I am looking forward to being a professional and devoting my life to tennis!”, Ms. Namigata said. She came out second best at an international competition held in Korea this spring and is confident that she can compete on the international tennis circuit . She is aiming for a ranking in the top 200 in her first year of international competition. For the immediate future, though, she wants to reach at least the quarterfinals of the Japan Championships this fall. The day is certainly close when the name “Namigata” will resound world-wide in the field of tennis.