junri namigata cheering thread - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 17th, 2008, 06:22 PM   #136
country flag CANADA8

CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice
Re: junri namigata cheering thread

Junri really played well and winning the second set tiebreak was a big plus for her! Looking forward to watching her second round match tomorrow. (by the way she's one of the nicest and friendliest players I've met!!)
CANADA8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 17th, 2008, 06:45 PM   #137
country flag JujulCactus

JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of

You saw the match ?
Lucky guy
Did you take pics ?
Have fun at Wimbledon !
( do you think she can beat Yakimova ? )
Date-Krumm Baltacha Chan Riske Kleybanova Morita Szavay Lertcheewakarn Groenefeld
_ And Asagoe & Dementieva Forever _
JujulCactus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 07:07 PM   #138
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute

Canada8

Great to see you again. How are you?
Do you think Junri has improved since her loss to Fitzpatrick last year?
She is really nice. I finally got to see her at Birmingham last week with Iijima and they were so nice to me, signing my book and seemed surprised I knew them.
What did you say to Junri?
Have fun tomorrow!

IshizuMcHaleRiskeCrawford
CornetSchmiedlovaLepchenkoTakaoTatishviliLushkova
TanasugarnMiyamuraGonzalezAoyamaWatson
I miss Ai. Rebecca and Shinobu
-sugi- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 09:21 AM   #139
country flag CANADA8

CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice

Hi Sugi,
Hope things are good with you? Sorry about the late reply, my connection went down and I'm writing this at an internet cafe before I run off to see her play.Junri was really nice and friendly. I saw her at the qualies last year & she looked out of her depth and I feared the worse after she lost a close first set yesterday, but all credit to her she raced through the tie-break and hardly made an error in the final set.
You could tell how pleased she was at the end when she was hi fiving everyone near her!
I write a report of todays action (along with any of the other players I catch!) later.
Speak to you later!
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #140
country flag CANADA8

Hi all,
Well after my last post, I drove to the Qualifying event at Rohampton, SW london. I was a bit late and Junri's match was first on court #3 against Yakimova the 16th seed.
Junri played well but lost a close first set.
She looked tired but managed to edge the second and I thought she'd take the third but she made some silly errors
She really was tired and lost the final set easily
After the match she was interviewed by Japanes TV and despite being down she smiled all the way through the interview.
I said to her how unlucky she was & she said thanks with a smile.
Later on she and Ayumi Morita played in the doubles qualifying.They're six seeds and were playing a Russian pair, they started badly and lost the first set making errors but edged the second and raced away in the third!
They were the last match on court today, so there were'nt many people left.As I was chatting to a couple of friends, Junri walked past and smiled at me
I think they have to play the second seeds tomorrow but if they win they're into the Wimbledon main draw!
Go Junri and Ayumi!!
(Sugi, I've got some picture to post, but may need your advice on the best place/best way to post them?)
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 06:54 PM   #141
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute

I am good thank you
Great reports .
Are you going tomorrow?
Out of interest, what other players do you like?
By the way, the best way to upload a picture. I recommend www.imageshack.us, it is pretty easy to understand there. Also, if they are big pictures you can be given the chance to rezise them as well. If you need any help, just ask, but it is pretty easy to understand.
I should post my Birmingham photos in here soon also.

Other websites you could use - www.photobucket.com but you have to register for it, so imageshack is easier.

Old Jun 19th, 2008, 08:30 PM   #142
country flag CANADA8

Thanks Sugi,
I'll get them up and running this weekend. I went today hoping to see her doubles match. Unfortunatly it was one of the last matches on and I am playing in a tennis tournament myself and had to leave after the first few games; unfortunatly I've just found out that Junri & Ayumi lost in 6-4 in the final set
However earlier today I was wondering round the courts and Kumiko & Rika were playing, so I walked onto a slope above the court to get a better view. Who should be standing there watching, on her own with no one around?.. Yep, Junri.
So I walked over and chatted to her for a few minutes. She is really nice and was supporting Kumiko.
I asked if she would'nt mind having our picture taken and she said yes.
I got a passing line judge to take it.
What a day. I think I'd have sacrificed the photo to have her and Ayumi qualify & play at Wimbledon.
Anyway, lets hope she takes her form into her next tournament, and rises up the rankings!
Almost forgot; I like most of the Japanese players and Tian Tian Sun and Vania King (who's very funny in person!)
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 08:50 PM   #143
country flag JujulCactus

JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of

What a day Canada8 !
I'm too shy to speak with tennis players ...
And maybe I can miss good moments
But you're not, and that's really great
I read you, and was dreaming
I hope you are happy about your days in Wimbledon
Hope Junri will practice good tennis for the rest of the year and win some ITF tournaments
( And I hope you won your match Canada8 )
Date-Krumm Baltacha Chan Riske Kleybanova Morita Szavay Lertcheewakarn Groenefeld
_ And Asagoe & Dementieva Forever _
JujulCactus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 04:41 PM   #144
country flag CANADA8

Find below the link to my pictures from the Wimbledon qualifying event at Rohampton.
Apologies for the poor quality, but my camera broke a few days before the start and so I had to use my older, low resolution one.
Hope you enjoy them?
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/canada8/
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 11:09 AM   #145
country flag -sugi-

Thank you .

Lovely pictures Canada8.

Old Jun 27th, 2008, 11:22 AM   #146
country flag CANADA8

Thanks Sugi,
Looking forward to seeing your photo's from Birmingham.
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 12:48 PM   #147
country flag CANADA8

Junri won the doubles at the Vancouver Open this Sunday!
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 04:25 AM   #148
country flag andrewC

andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future

aww cool! Thanks for the update, I didn't even realise where she was playing this week. Well done Junri
13 Doubles Titles (including 2004 Olympic Gold and 2008 AO Mixed)
Career High 77 (Singles) and 16 (Doubles)
andrewC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 03:03 PM   #149
country flag martin white

martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of

us open qualies 1strd j namigata vs k flipkens[20] tough opener for junri but i hope she can pull off awin,good luck junri
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 04:47 PM   #150
country flag CANADA8

Good luck Junri!!