Tyra Calderwood - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who do u think is the best junior prospect in oz?

Shayna McDowell 3 8.57%
Jessica Moore 12 34.29%
Tyra Calderwood 9 25.71%
Olivia Lukaszewicz 2 5.71%
Holly Cao 2 5.71%
Isabella Holland 7 20.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 21st, 2007, 10:26 AM   #31
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tyra Calderwood's Form Slump Thread

Tyra played well from what i saw, obviously played better than of recent times because from what i saw her display im not sure why she has been losing so many r1 matches of late!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 5th, 2007, 07:09 PM   #32
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tyra Calderwood

Well Tyra's good form has continued, winning the Gosford AMT for the second consecutive year. En route to the title, she beat big hitting Queenslander, Renee Binnie, 6-3, 6-4, 12th seed Emelyn Starr, 4-6, 6-3, 6-2, old foe and 10th seed Michelle Brycki, 7-6(8-6), 6-1 and top seed and top 400 ranked Lisa D'Amelio, 6-2, 6-2. She receives 450 Aust. Rank Points and a winner's cheque of $2000 for her singles exploits!

CONGRATS TYRA AND GOOD LUCK AT THE WOLLONGONG AMT THIS WEEK!
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 06:49 AM   #33
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tyra Calderwood: '07 Gosford & Wollongong AMT Singles Champion

Well Tyra's now on a 10 match winning streak after streaking to another title! En route to winnning at Wollongong, Calderwood over powered No.13 seed Sally Peers, 4-6, 7-6(2), 6-1 in R3, No.7 seed Sarah Benad, 6-2, 6-4 in Q/F, rising sensation, Sabrina Xu, 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 in S/F and finally No.8 Michelle Brycki, 6-3, 6-2 for the title.

CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK AT SYDNEY OLYMPIC PARK!
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 04:59 AM   #34
country flag OZTENNIS

Re: Tyra Calderwood: '07 Gosford, Wollongong & St George AMT Singles Champion

Well, Tyra lost in the S/F in Sydney in 3s, but won the St George AMT yesterday with a clinical 6/2 6/2 win over No.2 seed Lucia Gonzalez. This means she has won 18 of her last 19 matches. Tyra also won the dubz with Kate Antosik
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 09:51 PM   #35
country flag OZTENNIS

Re: Tyra Calderwood: '07 Gosford, Wollongong & St George AMT Singles Champion

Well, Tyra has continued her good form. Last week she and Victoria's Tammi Patterson took out the G1 Doubles Title in Bangkok - where Tyra was the defending champion. They played some great tennis to upset a number of high quality teams. She also reached the 3rd Rd of the girls singles (No.11 seed), gaining revenge over Shao Zhuo Liu in the 2nd Rd.

This week, Tyra is the No.12 seed in Miri, Malaysia. She's played some great tennis to reach the Q/F, where she again faces Shao Zhuo Liu. This follows a dominant display in the 3rd Rd against No.5 seed Nadiya Kichenok, which Calderwood won 6-3, 7-6. Realistically, i think tyra could make the final this week, as her draw has really opened up. Such a result should see tyra jump to about No.47 on the ITF Junior Rankings
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 10:41 PM   #36
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future
Re: Tyra Calderwood: Back on Track!!

Same deal as Jess Moore. If these girls are overseas anyway & have a senior ranking, why fart around with all these junior tournaments. Fair enough, they should probably play some (especially the GS's), but geez, they're overseas anyway. Play some senior tournies already.
It's like that article on the TA website about these girls winning something (it was juniors so I switched off), how much notice did anyone really take of that, as opposed to if they achieved something in seniors?!
Having seen these girls play at the Gold Coast $10k last year, I thought they would've started getting somewhere in seniors by now (not counting AMT's). But hey, I'm sure there's logic in them missing the WA challengers to play around with the juniors!
So long as they get their "modelling" time in I 'spose!
I just hope they're not the same as the majority of our juniors, who take wc's away from self funded travellers (eg. Hewson) to give to girls who play a year or two of proper seniors before quitting.
Maybe I'm being too harsh, but hey!
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 07:11 AM   #37
country flag OZTENNIS

well, tyra made the s/f in miri, and is in the q/f in manila this week. should achieve a career high junior ranking when new rankings come out on monday
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 04:41 AM   #38
country flag OZTENNIS

Tyra went on to make the semi finals in Manila, a marvellous effort, as she lost second round last year. Although she fell 7-6(2), 6-3, to Kai-Chen Chang (the No.3 seed), Calderwood will achieve a new career high junior ranking when the new rankings come out on Monday. In fact, she will snatch a spot in the top 50, and thus ensure direct entrance into the main draw of both the French Open and Wimbledon Junior Championships later this year. I really think Tyra could take the All England Club by storm this year!!
Old May 28th, 2007, 08:54 PM   #39
country flag OZTENNIS

Tyra is currently competing in Europe at the 43rd Astrid Bowl Belgian International Junior Championships in Chaleroi, Belgium. As the No.13 seed, Tyra had a first round bye, and now faces a young Italian prospect for the right to face Madison Brengle in R3. Good luck!
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 09:20 PM   #40
country flag OZTENNIS

Bump!

After reaching the final of the girls doubles event in Chaleroi, Calderwood is set to debut in the main draw of the French Open Junior Championships. Unseeded, the Sydney resident faces a tough qualifer Slovakian qualifier in the first round. Their's is the third match on Court 4 at Roland Garros Tonight...

Good luck Tyra, we're with you all the way!!
Old Jun 6th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #41
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tyra Calderwood @ Roland Garros!!

BUMP

After Tyra continued her run of First Round exits in the singles she has teamed with a US Girl and have made there way into the quater finals! Although doubles points get scaled back these will be some very handy points for her and give her a bit of a boost up the rankings!

Hopefully she can keep it going and win a few more matches!

Plays her quater final Thursday night!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 07:04 AM   #42
country flag OZTENNIS

Tyra Calderwood and Reka Zsilinszka (USA) play their doubles quarter final tonight at the French Open against Lenka Jurikova (SVK) and Katarzyna Piter (POL). Hopefully another semi final beckons for Tyra
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 08:17 PM   #43
country flag OZTENNIS

Tyra has finally won not one...but two singles matches on clay She is competing at the 15th International Junior Tournament of Offenbach/Main. As the tenth seed, Calderwood got a first round bye before fending off German World No.352, Valantina Stephan 6-0, 3-6, 6-2. In the third round, Tyra upset the 8th seeded Argentinian, Malena Gordo. Calderwood won 1-6, 6-1, 7-5 against the World No.38. This has set up a quarter final showdown with Irina Camelia Begu, the third seeded World No.21 from Romania. Begu has, in recent times beaten Jessica Moore 6-2, 7-5, but lost to Isabella Holland 6-3, 6-7, 6-2, so it should be a competitive match.

In doubles, Tyra is partnering Ling Zhang of Hong Kong China. The third seeds have won two matches in straight sets to advance to tonights semi finals where they face the six seeded Kichenok twins.
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:00 AM   #44
country flag OZTENNIS

Re: Tyra Calderwood's Fan Club

Tyra Calderwood, competing at the Wimbledon Junior Championships, faces British wildcard, Jade Windley in R1. If Tyra were to win this encounter, she would be likely to meet 3rd seed Evgenia Rodina in what would be an extremely tough encounter. All the best Tyra!
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 04:41 PM   #45
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Tyra Calderwood's Fan Club

Yeah... I bumped into Tyra while watching Don Young's match after she lost her 1st rd encounter with Windley. What a nice person. She should have probably won that after watching her win the 2nd set well... anyone could consider themself unluckly in the shoot out that is a 10 pt super tiebreak.

She owns a super attitude.
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote