Longest rally ever - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 5th, 2006, 03:11 PM   #16
country flag henmanhill

henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of
It wasn't 39 or 64. It was 49. Amazing! Thanks for posting.
henmanhill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 5th, 2006, 03:15 PM   #17
country flag No Name Face

No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymirza
No that rally was like 64 strokes...i think...Both of them were drenched at the end and lena ended up smashing out of the court
lena should have had that point. but it's okay, we all know the outcome
No Name Face is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 03:15 PM   #18
country flag Tennace

Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute
Let me find you a great point between Myskina and LenaD. Its not long but its amazing

Dokic - Hantuchova - Zakopalova - Minella - Szavay - Bammer - Safarova
Stanciute - Panova - Gubacsi - Cibulkova - Cirstea - Hofmanova - Cetkovska

Official Limo Driver of Don't Knock the Dok
Tennace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 03:15 PM   #19
country flag Tennace

Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ITLI5rawg...rch=Dementieva

Enjoy

Old Jul 5th, 2006, 03:16 PM   #20
country flag Tennace

^^^^^^^^38 shots

Old Jul 5th, 2006, 03:27 PM   #21
country flag fufuqifuqishahah

fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute
i love that point between LenaD and Capriati --- i remember watching the match... it was so intense... and iw as cracking up so bad during that point

Grand Slam [oJankyoEugeniusoAnaresoBarktraoRebelLio]
Come Baaaack [oShinoboooMarie!oNutcrackeroThe Original Russian Bombshello]
Wake Up! [oVeeoThe Slovak SpideroFrannyoSlam StephensoVaniaoJellyDee!o]

fufuqifuqishahah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 03:28 PM   #22
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
i wonder what the conditions were like for that match in 1984. damn. were any people watching?!?!?!
faboozadoo15 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 03:34 PM   #23
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute
Capriati ...she was poking the ball back that whole match...and against Myskina at the French. I don't know what happened to her that year.
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 03:47 PM   #24
country flag henmanhill

henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of henmanhill has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennace
A great point - love the volleying at the end.
henmanhill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 04:02 PM   #25
country flag squig2k

squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold
great clips
squig2k is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 04:34 PM   #26
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute
Here are loads of amazing rallies

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=242989
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 04:39 PM   #27
country flag K-Dog

K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle
Capriati ...she was poking the ball back that whole match...and against Myskina at the French. I don't know what happened to her that year.
I think I can name a few things. 1. Lack of balls to play aggresive 2. Playing with a frame that has very little power and is meant for counterpunchers 3. too tight of a string tension. I don't think that 2 or 3 are huge reasons for her poking the ball back, but number 1 certainly is.
K-Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 04:40 PM   #28
country flag ^bibi^
... as though I were in a snake pit...

^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute
You might find this weird but I really love Lena's serve

Current tournaments
Find the latest tournaments here

R.I.P. Elena Baltacha 1983-2014 †
^bibi^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 05:28 PM   #29
country flag No Name Face

No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle
um in the dementieva match, elena clearly had the better groundstrokes. jen had no choice. elena was actually being aggressive and dictating rallies. it was all jen could do to push those balls back. for some reason though, jenny was serving like shit too, so elena was able to break. but i've never seen dementieva's groundstrokes so consistently good and penetrating. if she had her serve this year combined with the groundstrokes from that day, well...maybe she would have won a set off of sharapova
No Name Face is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #30
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future
Re: Longest rally ever

The Dementieva/Capriati one was 49 shots? I can't find the point on youtube. Caro and Arvidsson had a 44 shot rally recently.

The longest rally I've seen is the 62 shot rally between Gilles Simon and Gael Monfils.

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote