Israel d. Indonesia by walkover :( (World Group II, Play-offs) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2006, 08:29 AM   #1
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future
Israel d. Indonesia by walkover :( (World Group II, Play-offs)

Venue: Ramat Hasharon, Israel (hard - outdoors)

Israel
Shahar Peer
Anna Smashnova
Tzipora Obziler
Yevgenia Savransky
Captain: Oded Jacob

Indonesia
Romana Tedjakusuma
Wynne Prakusya
Angelique Widjaja
Suzanna Anggarkusuma
Captain: Deddy Tedjamukti

Last edited by shirgan : Jul 6th, 2006 at 05:02 PM.
shirgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2006, 08:40 AM   #2
country flag Yarden

Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck Israel

• Shahar Peer • Aravane Rezai Severine Brémond •

Pennetta • Zvonareva • Bartoli • Dokic •

Lisicki • Dellacqua • Watson • Petkovic Glushko • Oudin • Malek •
Yarden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2006, 08:04 AM   #3
country flag Buitenzorg

Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck INDONESIA

Are they still playing at Israel?
Buitenzorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2006, 08:32 AM   #4
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buitenzorg
Good luck INDONESIA

yes,
they anounced they would come
Old Jun 30th, 2006, 09:26 AM   #5
country flag shirgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buitenzorg
Good luck INDONESIA

http://www.thejakartapost.com/detail...630.I01&irec=0

"We have no reason to change the schedule as the Israeli authorities have given their guarantee for the safety and security of our team members. Besides, we have also received the green light from the Foreign Ministry," Pelti chairwoman Martina Widjaja said Thursday.
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 04:58 PM   #6
country flag gumoll

gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute
Indonesia will not play???
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 09:18 PM   #7
country flag shirgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumoll
Indonesia will not play???
There's again a possibility the will not play...
but they haven't asked to cancel officially
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 02:31 AM   #8
country flag shirgan

updated official nomintations
some players where changed from the previous anouncement on the indonesian side..
does that mean they are still going on with this?
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 05:04 PM   #9
country flag shirgan

Indonesia officially withdrew

http://www.fedcup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?id=10885

06 Jul 2006
Indonesia withdraws from Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group II Play-offs
The ITF has today received written confirmation from the Indonesian Tennis Association that the Indonesia Fed Cup team, due to face Israel in the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group II Play-offs in Ramat Hasharon on 15-16 July, has withdrawn from the tie. The Indonesian government has instructed the Indonesian Tennis Association not to take part in the tie.

ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti said: "The ITF is saddened by the decision of the Indonesian government to prevent the Indonesian Fed Cup team from competing in Israel next week. The team was ready and willing to play and understood, perhaps better than their government, that sport in its purest form is about building bridges. The Israeli Tennis Federation, who are now winners of this tie by walkover, were prepared to welcome the Indonesian team to Ramat Hasharon and are no doubt disappointed to advance to 2007 Fed Cup World Group II in this way. Any sanctions will be assessed by the ITF’s Fed Cup Committee."

Last edited by shirgan : Jul 9th, 2006 at 01:00 AM.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 02:56 AM   #10
country flag Buitenzorg

Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute
Buitenzorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 05:34 AM   #11
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of
Yes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirgan
Indonesia officially withdrew
Angelique Widjaja withdrew as member of INA Fed team upon knowing the bombing at Tel Aviv University. Angie's family was concerned about the security then after that our Ministry of Foreign Affairs came up with the decision not to allow INA team to go. So, if MFA did not make such decision - our team would only be Romana, Wynne and most likely Suzanna as playing captain. Good bye Fed Cup!!!

www.tnol.asia
Shine On Silver Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 06:46 AM   #12
country flag shirgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine On Silver Moon
Angelique Widjaja withdrew as member of INA Fed team upon knowing the bombing at Tel Aviv University. Angie's family was concerned about the security then after that our Ministry of Foreign Affairs came up with the decision not to allow INA team to go. So, if MFA did not make such decision - our team would only be Romana, Wynne and most likely Suzanna as playing captain. Good bye Fed Cup!!!
so if I understand correctly Widjaja would not have come either way?

and by the way, what bombing at Tel-Aviv U.? I don't remember anything like that
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 08:21 AM   #13
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of
back 2ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirgan
so if I understand correctly Widjaja would not have come either way?

and by the way, what bombing at Tel-Aviv U.? I don't remember anything like that
Yes, Widjaja has withdrawn from being a member of the team even before our government's stupid decision!!!

We all know that Angie and Wynne have good friendship with Peer and Obziler on the tour! Sorry, I hardly follow politic news so I just quoted what my friend said about bombing at Tel Aviv Uni, I think she wrote it wrong in her message to me - maybe she meant after Israel attacked Gaza... not important but the pathetic thing, politic won over sport!!!

www.tnol.asia
Shine On Silver Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #14
country flag shirgan

Quote:
Yes, Widjaja has withdrawn from being a member of the team even before our government's stupid decision!!!

We all know that Angie and Wynne have good friendship with Peer and Obziler on the tour! Sorry, I hardly follow politic news so I just quoted what my friend said about bombing at Tel Aviv Uni, I think she wrote it wrong in her message to me - maybe she meant after Israel attacked Gaza... not important but the pathetic thing, politic won over sport!!!
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 09:35 AM   #15
country flag shirgan

Quote:
Sorry, I hardly follow politic news so I just quoted what my friend said about bombing at Tel Aviv Uni, I think she wrote it wrong in her message to me - maybe she meant after Israel attacked Gaza...
I think I may know what your friend may have been talking about
there were several "kassam" rocket attacks on a city in Israel, north to the Gaza strip, south to Tel Aviv, called Ashkelon, and there, one of the rockets hit a college complex. Maybe this college complex is related in some way to Tel Aviv University.. dunno. But the attack wasn't in Tel Aviv University.