(In)famous Losing Streaks (10+) (updated after 2014 Roland Garros) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 30th, 2006, 08:57 PM   #16
country flag gumoll

gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute
Ludmila Cervanova (svk) (10)

Last edited by gumoll : Jul 1st, 2006 at 10:14 AM.
gumoll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 1st, 2006, 08:30 AM   #17
country flag rrfnpump

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumoll
LUDMILA CERVANOVA (SVK) (10)
good find
welcome, to the Hall of Shame, Ludmila
this year she is already on a 6match streak again

isnt it interesting that so many streaks end after 10 losses?
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 10:38 AM   #18
country flag gumoll

gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute
yes it's strange only 20 and 10 one 13
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 12:22 PM   #19
country flag Alek

Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute
Asa Svensson, from her second round loss @ Kuala Lumpur 2000 to ITF/West Palm Beach were she reacehd final in 2001, she lost 10 consc matches.

She had other streaks of 6/7 matches lost but not as bad !
Alek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2006, 12:45 AM   #20
country flag Chunchun
Team WTAworld

Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute
How can somebody having a 10-match losing streak beat Venus on grass?
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 11:57 AM   #21
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute
I think , if I remember well , that both Canadians Jeyaseelan and Nejedly had desastrous streaks in 2001

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 12:05 PM   #22
country flag rrfnpump

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute
you are right about Sonya Jeyaseelan
17 matches lost in tournaments in a row in 2001
and only two sets won in these 17 losses (2/34 set ratio )
rrfnpump is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 12:11 PM   #23
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute
I know
I was so sad about those results that were previous to her brain tumor operation , and it was the beginning of the end for Sonya on tour , while 2000 was such a good year for her

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 08:01 AM   #24
country flag TheItalianStyle

TheItalianStyle has much to be proud of TheItalianStyle has much to be proud of TheItalianStyle has much to be proud of TheItalianStyle has much to be proud of TheItalianStyle has much to be proud of TheItalianStyle has much to be proud of TheItalianStyle has much to be proud of TheItalianStyle has much to be proud of TheItalianStyle has much to be proud of TheItalianStyle has much to be proud of TheItalianStyle has much to be proud of
Has Spears retired now?
TheItalianStyle is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 02:15 PM   #25
country flag Bus

Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of
Saori Obata (12)
from 2004 Wimbledon to 2005 AO
Bus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 02:26 PM   #26
country flag Bus

Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of
and
Claudine Schaul (Before she won against Navratilova )
Bus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 06:19 PM   #27
country flag Princess Fiona
Team WTAworld
Superskyderen

Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting thread!!

It must be awful (obviously) to have a run like that (and to have the confidence crushed) but so great to turn it around... (I think how Jelena Jankovic's year has changed - that awful start then to beat the defending champion at Wimbledon - how great for her )

I remember that Vince Spadea had what seemed to be an everlasting run of losses in the ATP a few years ago, before beating Greg Rusedski at Wimbledon...
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 07:54 PM   #28
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheItalianStyle
Has Spears retired now?
No. She still playing tennis

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
.Podoroska.Bonardi.HaddadMaia.PerezRojas.Gonzalez.
*Furlanetto*Goncalves*Pigossi*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 06:20 AM   #29
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
With today's loss let's welcome to the list Miss Antonella Serra Zanetti

spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 07:19 AM   #30
country flag rrfnpump

It was about time to, Antonella
she is now 3/20 in 2006

maybe she can extend her streak, so I will wait before I update