Erika Takao in 2008 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 18th, 2006, 09:23 PM   #31
country flag :inlove:
attack plz

:inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute
I love this girl.

Good luck in whatever ITF she plays next.
:inlove: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 18th, 2006, 09:33 PM   #32
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute
I hope she plays US Open quallies

Tom You can read my response to you becoming a fan a few pages back in the summer thread

IshizuMcHaleRiskeCrawford
CornetSchmiedlovaLepchenkoTakaoTatishviliLushkova
TanasugarnMiyamuraGonzalezAoyamaWatson
I miss Ai. Rebecca and Shinobu
-sugi- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 03:31 AM   #33
CoryAnnAvants#1

CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute
Haha aww she's so small! Rika is 5'1", so judging by the looks of that pic she may not even be 5 feet!
CoryAnnAvants#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 01:24 PM   #34
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute
Erika

Erika is set to return next week in the Tokachi 25k
1 NAMIGATA, Junri JPN 222 1
2 TAKAO, Erika JPN 228 1
3 HISAMATSU, Shiho JPN 235 1
4 MORITA, Ayumi JPN 244 1
5 YONEMURA, Tomoko JPN 305 1
6 TAKASE, Ayami JPN 323 1
7 YONEMURA, Akiko JPN 332 1
8 IIJIMA, Kumiko JPN 341 2
9 HEWSON, Emily AUS 365 1
10 LEE, Ye-Ra KOR 377 2
11 TEZUKA, Remi JPN 387 3
12 D'AMELIO, Lisa AUS 419 1
13 KIM, Hea-Mi KOR 437 1
14 TAKAGISHI, Tomoyo JPN 444 1
15 DOKEI, Tomoko JPN 534 1
16 $ HAMAMURA, Natsumi JPN 566 1
17 SEMA, Erika JPN 595 1
18 OKADAUE, Chiaki JPN 596 1

I guess Erika will be top seed as she will be ranked highest. Currently on a 10 match win streak, I hope she makes it 15 and claims her 4th title

Old Jul 27th, 2006, 07:10 PM   #35
country flag :inlove:
attack plz

:inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute
This is sooo winnable. GL! Hoping for a Erika-Ayumi final.
:inlove: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 02:08 PM   #36
country flag -sugi-

I can't wait for the draw... I hope Erika is well rested

Old Jul 29th, 2006, 05:10 PM   #37
country flag martin white

martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of
goodluck to erika!she's been in great form! it would be great if she could make the us open qualies!it would be her grand slam debut! go erika!
martin white is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:10 PM   #38
country flag -sugi-

Time for some noicse again 25k Tokagachi:
1st Round: Erika TAKAO (JPN) defeated Chiaki OKADAUE (JPN) 62 76(7)
2nd Round: Erika TAKAO (JPN) defeated Eriko MIZUNO (JPN) 60 61

Doubles 1st Round: SEMA (JPN) / TAKAO (JPN) defeated HIROSE (JPN) / UMEDA (JPN) 64 61

Old Aug 4th, 2006, 08:13 PM   #39
country flag -sugi-

QF: Erika TAKAO (JPN) defeated Kumiko IIJIMA (JPN) 64 60

She has a winnable Semi but Morita and Hisamatsu lurk at the bottom half

Old Aug 4th, 2006, 08:15 PM   #40
country flag -sugi-

Out of curiosity, I decided to check Erika's H2H vs Ayumi:

Ayu leads 1-0, winning in Makinohara last year 57 64 63. Erika has improved much since 05, but so has Ayumi. I am scared for the final I hope Hisamatsu can then take Ayumi out because Erika recently defeating Shiho

Old Aug 4th, 2006, 10:43 PM   #41
country flag martin white

martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of
go erika! gee she's playing some great tennis over the last month!,i hope shiho can take ayu aswell,i don't know who too support now .but id like to see shiho take a title!
martin white is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2006, 02:03 PM   #42
country flag V.Melb

V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute
I dont know how this girl is winning all these matches.... she must be almost identical to Fujiwara in game style because I just dont see how she is going to win matches againt the European girls who have a much heavier weight of shot then the Japanese players she's been beating.
I can imagine that Erika must have increadibly good movement to make up for the lack of weight of shot and reach. Whatever she's doing, its working very well.
Call me a skeptic, but I will wait untill she plays some European girls before I comment on If she's a gonne be a top 100 player or not... Rika Fujiwara for example, had to work very hard and be very 'on key' for the success in singles that she acheived... and even then, she was often out stretched and hit out by European top 100 players.
Erika Sounds like an interesting player none the less!
V.Melb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2006, 02:30 PM   #43
country flag -sugi-

My dear friend V.Melb It is nice to see your opinion,it is welcome . Erika's strength is technically she is very good, her volleys are quite poor though. I was present at her practice session with Kirilenko and Ivanovic at Rosmalen and her match vs Kostanic at Rosmalen. She doesn't hit the ball hard, but she plays like Rika Fujiwara. She makes the opponent run around often, doing lots of drop shots and lobs and slice and topsin. I do think she can be in the top 100, and a solid player for the Japanese Fed Cup team next year possibly when Shinobu retires. One weakness though was that she looked a bit nervous playing against Kostanic, but the nerves will go with experience I think. I do wish though, that she would compete abroad more though, because tournaments in America and Europe are a lot different from the Japanese Challengers I could imagine. Erika could be ranked in the top 100 or 110 by the end of the year personally, her progress has been good and she hasn't got that much attention. She has two coaches, a male coach and a former WTA pro, Kyoko Nagatsuka who played Fed Cup for Japan and had a career high of 28 in Singles and 31 in Doubles. I would be very happy for Erika to have a career like that and I am sure she would too. Erika has also already defeated a top 100 player - Aiko Nakamura at Gifu earlier in the year. I will also try and find a video of Erika to post

Last edited by -sugi- : Aug 5th, 2006 at 02:40 PM.
Old Aug 5th, 2006, 05:04 PM   #44
country flag pcrtennis

pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future
I think Erika is going to be top 100 for sure...I never thought she was as good an athlete or as talented as Rika but she seems to have mroe consistent results...Hope she can keep goign!!!
Old Aug 6th, 2006, 12:52 PM   #45
country flag -sugi-

Final:
(4)Ayumi Morita (JPN) d. (1)Erika Takao (JPN) 63 46 76(6)

So close Eri I sense a great rivalry though between the two