Did Kimmie dominate Venus in Hamburg? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 26th, 2002, 05:20 PM   #1
country flag Shuji Shuriken
Team WTAworld

Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute
Did Kimmie dominate Venus in Hamburg?

I was just browsing through the Roland Garros site when i came across an article which said..."Last year's runner-up, Kim Clisters (N4), will play the Belarus Tatiana Poutchek at the end of the day on Suzanne Lenglen court. Clijster's recent success in Hamburg where she dominated Venus Williams proves that the Belgian is in great shape." No doubt Kim and Justine are in great shape but i hardly call Kim's victory dominating. Mind you, i'm not taking away from Kim's victory over Venus. It was well deserved. But the term "dominating" is very misleading. I pictured a straight set drubbing when i read that article.

Brandysan's Keeper

l[l

Venussan #1 Fan
Serenasan Warrior Princess

http://www.myspace.com/keimodarkheart
Shuji Shuriken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2002, 06:38 PM   #2
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute
Well Kim did play very well, but the match was three sets, and I know the last two were not like 6:0. 6:1. So I'm not going to say she dominated. But she did play really well.
Old May 26th, 2002, 06:41 PM   #3
Playa

Playa has disabled reputation
Old May 26th, 2002, 06:43 PM   #4
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
Depends on who's favorite wins... Some players win 7-5 or 7-6 in the 3rd, and it was a domination.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 06:47 PM   #5
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
Venus dominated the first set..but Kim clearly dominated in the last two...so you could say she has dominated Venus in Hamburg.
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 07:17 PM   #6
country flag baleineau

baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future
no way man

a 3-set match is, by definition, not a domination.

get real
baleineau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 07:20 PM   #7
country flag Becool

Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute
sometimes it is

See USOpen 2001 Serena vs Barna...

first set Anca played well but the last two, Serena dominated
4-6 6-2 6-1 For me it is a domination..

serena
townsend reza lisicki
vesnina keys mladenovic

facebook ~ twitter
[#ps - in portuguese]
Becool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 07:24 PM   #8
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of
If you are a Kim fan, this is a domination

If you are Venus fan, you will definitely definitely call this a close match

The choice of word is irrelevent, the only fact needed to know is that Kim did beat Venus in Hamburg
wongqks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 07:28 PM   #9
venusfan

venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of
6-3 or 6-4 in the 3rd is not a domination.. The beat down that Venus gave her at the US Open was a domination.
"I told her, `You don't want to get into a hitting battle with Sharapova, because it would be uneven for Sharapova, because Sharapova only has one good side and that's her backhand,"'. "`You don't want to get into that for the simple reason you would win. So try to hit some balls to her strong side, to her backhand, and that would help you with your match for tomorrow

Sir Richard Williams
venusfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 07:32 PM   #10
country flag baleineau

baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future
even if a player wins 6-7 6-0 6-0 then it's still not a domination. The last two sets obviously were, but not the match.

i'd say that domination occurs up until a situation where the loser has picked up at least 4 games.

6-3 6-2 is not a domination. a convincing and comfortable victory but not domination.

Kim dominated nobody. Get over it!
baleineau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 07:34 PM   #11
country flag Gonzo Hates Me!

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute
Biass should never brainwash your choice of wording...

and I wouldn't say it was domination. I watched that match and was bored out of my mind. I don't think it was sparks for any of them, but Kimmie definitely kicked booty in last 2 sets. LOL! Made me proud.
Old May 26th, 2002, 07:40 PM   #12
country flag arn

arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute
Nope, no domination, just 2 very good last sets by kim in which she was better as Venus and dominated more points as vice verse.
arn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 07:50 PM   #13
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
no and that makes it even better, she had to fight for it and that's good
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 07:55 PM   #14
country flag angele87

angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future
"If you are a Kim fan, this is a domination"

I don't think so... I'm a Kim fan and I wouldn't say she dominated... not that I care anyway, she won, I'm happy with that, domination or not

There is no saint without a past, and no sinner without a future. - Shri Haidakhan Babaji

Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it. - Doug Larson

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
angele87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 09:08 PM   #15
Chibuku14

Chibuku14 can only hope to improve Chibuku14 can only hope to improve Chibuku14 can only hope to improve Chibuku14 can only hope to improve Chibuku14 can only hope to improve Chibuku14 can only hope to improve Chibuku14 can only hope to improve Chibuku14 can only hope to improve Chibuku14 can only hope to improve Chibuku14 can only hope to improve Chibuku14 can only hope to improve
How can anyone calls a one time win a domination. Kim and Venus
played twice and it is 1-1. If you talk about someone dominates
another, you can compare the case of Venus and Henin, Venus and Capriati or Hingis and Seles. That is domination. After all
I think Kim can't beat Venus when they meet again. She doesn't
have the consistency to win against Venus all the time.