Monica to quit in 2003? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 26th, 2002, 01:20 PM   #1
TeeRexx

TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice
Monica to quit in 2003?

From the yahoo.com site
-------------
Monica Seles notched yet another tournament under her belt, then talked about retirement rumors. Seles routed Chanda Rubin 6-4, 6-2 to claim her 53rd career singles title at the Madrid Open. Seles, who went into the tournament ranked sixth on the WTA tour, defeated the 65th-ranked Rubin in 1 hour and 7 minutes. After the match, Seles denied she plans to retire after the French Open, but didn't rule out quitting within the coming year.

That will be a sad day in tennis if it comes true next year.
TeeRexx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2002, 01:21 PM   #2
galadriel

galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute
Oh No
Old May 26th, 2002, 01:34 PM   #3
country flag "Topaz"

"Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute
Actually, in another interview she said her retirement could come tomorrow, in one year or ten years depending on how she feels about the game; all that with a nice smile. This is her way to handle the "clever" media.

"Playing aggressive tennis ... that's always the way to go, if you ask me." - Venus Williams, May/2002
"Some shots I will hit hard but not every ball. I'm not just using my power." - Serena Williams, Oct/2002
"Topaz" is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 02:27 PM   #4
TeeRexx

TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice
I do not believe that Monica will play after 2003.
She will get married.
TeeRexx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 04:02 PM   #5
TomLovesMonica

TomLovesMonica is on a distinguished road TomLovesMonica is on a distinguished road TomLovesMonica is on a distinguished road TomLovesMonica is on a distinguished road TomLovesMonica is on a distinguished road TomLovesMonica is on a distinguished road TomLovesMonica is on a distinguished road TomLovesMonica is on a distinguished road TomLovesMonica is on a distinguished road TomLovesMonica is on a distinguished road TomLovesMonica is on a distinguished road
This retirement thing always comes up during the Grand Slams. Remember Monica is JUST 28 and is still in the top 10 and one of the best players out there. She just won a tournament and can climb even higher in the ranking after Roland Garros and Wimbledon. I think this will motivate her a lot to go on for 2 years (I hope!)

TomLovesMonica: Hi dear Monica! Which music do you prefer? Who are your favorite artists?

Monica SELES: Hi Tom! I really like a variety of artists - I like the CDs that have a variety of artists so I don't get bored with just one or two!
TomLovesMonica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 06:56 PM   #6
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of
Monica is always surrounded by retirement question which in my opinion is a bit rude.

Tom is right, Monica is only 28. The only reason she doesn't give media a very clear answer they want is that she is not sure herself, she doesn't want to rule out any possibility

She will continue to play and entertain the tennis world for as long as she like.
-Some player has been playing for more than 10 years

visit this thread for more detail
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=397111
wongqks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2002, 02:57 AM   #7
country flag Miranda

Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute
no please monica

Ennis and Jack found something most people don't ever find in this life...true love, the deepest, purest, most beautiful thing in the universes. Ennis and Jack have TRUE LOVE. They are SOULMATES. They have a love so deep, so pure, so strong, that it transcends everything, it's eternal.
Miranda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2002, 03:18 AM   #8
country flag Jarrett
Don't mess with Texas!

Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of
After the match, Seles denied she plans to retire after the French Open, but didn't rule out quitting within the coming year.

I bet the question was like, "Will you retire after Roland Garros?" No. I am pretty sure that I am not. "Will you retire after next year?" I never know when I am going to retire. Whenever I stop having fun, then I will know.
"Gee, Quinn... I hope that little foray of yours into Geekland just now is the result of heat exhaustion, and not an unpleasant side effect of all that tutoring. I mean, you're not turning into a brain, are you?" -- Sandi

Jarrett is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2002, 03:50 AM   #9
country flag Williams Rulez
Team WTAworld

Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute
Monica will not retire... she had better not...

Mary : Monica : Svetlana : Sania : Jennifer : Amelie
Roddick : Grosjean : David : Djokovic
Williams Rulez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2002, 04:38 AM   #10
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute
SHe will retire to get married?

How exactly did you come up with that one?
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2002, 04:43 AM   #11
country flag Miranda

Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute
if she retires to get marry then its more aceptable for me, but still no, the date she retires, the date i die

Ennis and Jack found something most people don't ever find in this life...true love, the deepest, purest, most beautiful thing in the universes. Ennis and Jack have TRUE LOVE. They are SOULMATES. They have a love so deep, so pure, so strong, that it transcends everything, it's eternal.
Old May 27th, 2002, 05:21 AM   #12
jomar

jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light
approving adoption papers for miranda as per Monica Seles request.....Monica will have a big baby miranda.

seriously, I don't think she will retire just like that; she's a fighter.

SERENA---The Goddess in planet Venus.

"Happiness keeps us Sweet
Trials make us Strong
Sorrows keep us Human
Failures keep us Humble
Success makes us Eager,
But Love keeps Us Going"
jomar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2002, 06:52 AM   #13
country flag Miranda

i want to be her sister instead

if we are being asked the same question almost every day, you are going to think about it more seriously , these journalists are bad, they want her to retire because she is "old", just like Sampras "washed-up"

well, i know that that terrible day will come, i am going to lose my passion on tennis, i think i am going to follow momo a bit but she can never compare with my monica

Old May 28th, 2002, 03:35 AM   #14
country flag bello

bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold
I hope this is not true, but then again it is verypossible.
Plus Monica's year next year will be tougher then this year with more points to defend.
bello is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote