Navratilova/Zvereva conquer Madrid - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 25th, 2002, 05:13 PM   #1
country flag ttaM

ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of
Navratilova/Zvereva conquer Madrid

6-2, 6-3!

Great win right before Roland Garros. This will bring great confidence going into Paris and Wimbledon. Congrats, girls!
ttaM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2002, 05:16 PM   #2
country flag Mark43

Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold
That is so amazing for Martina to win a tourney at her age. Congrats. Very exciting!!!
Mark43 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 05:23 PM   #3
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
And Natasha is back as well

congrats to the Golden Oldies
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 05:24 PM   #4
country flag Nina_rus

Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all

Congrats to them and Good Luck at Roland Garros !

Last edited by Nina_rus : May 25th, 2002 at 05:44 PM.
Nina_rus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 05:29 PM   #5
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
Oh come on! They are so obviously cheating, what with Martina being 17 years and change older than Monica, when we all know Monica is far too old to win anything.
Old May 25th, 2002, 05:46 PM   #6
barmaid

barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Navratilova/Zvereva wins in Madrid!

While I applaud the win by Martina and Zvereva. "conquer" is hardly the descriptive adjective I would use in this case....they just won over some lesser lights. Martina Navratilova was my fav player way back then, its great to see that she is fit enough to compete at this stage of her life...I know its just for the love of tennis that she's there...but I wish she would "gracefully" bow out...like the champion she is....This win today must surely be a welcome one but lets face it...whomever she has partnered with these last couple of years have produced very little results...so while I appreciate her efforts....it's time Martina, it's time!!

barmaid
barmaid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 05:47 PM   #7
country flag saki

saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute
Woohoo! Go Natasha! Go Martina!

Thanks for the pic, good to see the sunglasses are back on!
saki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 05:49 PM   #8
country flag saki

saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute
And barmaid - I don't think Martina could care less what you think. What I like most about her is the fact that she does exactly what she wants, when she wants to. I don't think she is discracing herself on the doubles tour, and in any case it's up to her - you don't have to watch her matches if you don't want to. Personally, I'd pay a lot to get tickets to see these two.
saki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 08:37 PM   #9
barmaid

barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future
Wink Navratilova/Zvereva conquer Madrid

Quote:
Originally posted by saki
And barmaid - I don't think Martina could care less what you think. What I like most about her is the fact that she does exactly what she wants, when she wants to. I don't think she is discracing herself on the doubles tour, and in any case it's up to her - you don't have to watch her matches if you don't want to. Personally, I'd pay a lot to get tickets to see these two.
Well everybody is entitled to their opinion...speaking of tickets..I had the great privlege of seeing Martina playing an exhibition match against Chrissie Evert in my home town about 10 years ago I think...no, maybe late 1980's so a little more than that. Of course at that time their careers were winding down (at least Chrissie's was) Ha! but it was a magical moment for me to see these two legends playing together And you are right, if Martina is still enjoying the game why not? I just can't help but equate her to those old boxing champions who keep trying to come back!!

barmaid
barmaid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 08:44 PM   #10
country flag ASV
Team WTAworld

ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all
I NEED A PICTURE WITH THEM AND THE TROPHY!!!
Highlights:1986(1) – Athens², 1988(1) – Belgian Open*, 1989(2)Roland Garros*, Barcelona*, 1990(7) – Barcelona*, Newport*, Hilton Head², Amelia Island², Tampa², Barcelona², Roland Garros§, 1991(4) – Washington, DC*, Sydney², Amelia Island², Barcelona², 1992(13)– Miami*, Canadian Open*, Australian Open², Virginia Slims Championship², Miami², Sydney², Tokyo[PP] ², Hilton Head², Amelia Island², Barcelona², Los Angeles², Filderstadt², Roland Garros§, 1993(9) – Miami*, Amelia Island*, Barcelona*, Hamburg*, US Open², Barcelona², Italian Open², Essen², Australian Open§, 1994(19)Roland Garros*, US Open*, Amelia Island*, Barcelona*, Hamburg*, Canadian Open*, Tokyo[Nicherei]*, Oakland*, US Open², Delray Beach², Light N’ Lively Doubles², Hilton Head², Amelia Island², Barcelona², Hamburg², San Diego², Canadian Open², Tokyo[Nicherei] ², Oakland², 1995(8) – Barcelona*, German Open*, Australian Open², Wimbledon², WTA Tour Championships², Miami², Barcelona², Eastbourne², 1996(11) – Hilton Head*, Hamburg*, Australian Open², Miami², Hilton Head², Amelia Island², Hamburg², Italian Open², Madrid², Eastbourne², Canadian Open², 1997(7) - Sydney², Miami², Madrid², San Diego², Filderstadt², Zurich², Moscow², 1998(2)Roland Garros*, Sydney*, 1999(4) – Cairo*, Cairo², Hamburg², Los Angeles², 2000(3) – German Open², Leipzig², US Open§, 2001(3) – Porto*, Madrid*, Miami², 2002(6) – Doha², Amelia Island², Sopot², Helsinki², New Haven², Tokyo[PP]²
-----------------------------------------
17 YEARS, 100 TITLES

Barcelona Bumblebee: #1 in our hearts forever!!

YYYYIroda TulyaganovaYYYY
ASV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 09:59 PM   #11
country flag ASV
Team WTAworld

ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all ASV is a name known to all
Thank you so much VivaSeles!!
Highlights:1986(1) – Athens², 1988(1) – Belgian Open*, 1989(2)Roland Garros*, Barcelona*, 1990(7) – Barcelona*, Newport*, Hilton Head², Amelia Island², Tampa², Barcelona², Roland Garros§, 1991(4) – Washington, DC*, Sydney², Amelia Island², Barcelona², 1992(13)– Miami*, Canadian Open*, Australian Open², Virginia Slims Championship², Miami², Sydney², Tokyo[PP] ², Hilton Head², Amelia Island², Barcelona², Los Angeles², Filderstadt², Roland Garros§, 1993(9) – Miami*, Amelia Island*, Barcelona*, Hamburg*, US Open², Barcelona², Italian Open², Essen², Australian Open§, 1994(19)Roland Garros*, US Open*, Amelia Island*, Barcelona*, Hamburg*, Canadian Open*, Tokyo[Nicherei]*, Oakland*, US Open², Delray Beach², Light N’ Lively Doubles², Hilton Head², Amelia Island², Barcelona², Hamburg², San Diego², Canadian Open², Tokyo[Nicherei] ², Oakland², 1995(8) – Barcelona*, German Open*, Australian Open², Wimbledon², WTA Tour Championships², Miami², Barcelona², Eastbourne², 1996(11) – Hilton Head*, Hamburg*, Australian Open², Miami², Hilton Head², Amelia Island², Hamburg², Italian Open², Madrid², Eastbourne², Canadian Open², 1997(7) - Sydney², Miami², Madrid², San Diego², Filderstadt², Zurich², Moscow², 1998(2)Roland Garros*, Sydney*, 1999(4) – Cairo*, Cairo², Hamburg², Los Angeles², 2000(3) – German Open², Leipzig², US Open§, 2001(3) – Porto*, Madrid*, Miami², 2002(6) – Doha², Amelia Island², Sopot², Helsinki², New Haven², Tokyo[PP]²
-----------------------------------------
17 YEARS, 100 TITLES

Barcelona Bumblebee: #1 in our hearts forever!!

YYYYIroda TulyaganovaYYYY
ASV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 10:12 PM   #12
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Well Done Girls!

Great Win

Lets hope they do well in future tournies

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 10:17 PM   #13
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future
WOW!!!! What a wonderful result!!!! I'm so happy for both of them!!! I love this!!!! I just got home from work and this makes my day!!! Martina is just amazing beyond words and I love that she and Natasha are playing together. I hope they do well at RG!!!! Good luck girls!!!!
xcrtbckhnd is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 10:22 PM   #14
Vanity
Team WTAworld

Vanity is an unknown quantity at this point Vanity is an unknown quantity at this point
The way I look at it... Martina is out there doing what she enjoys. From the interviews I've seen of her since her return, she sounds like she's having a blast! She is 45 years old after all, the fact that she is still doing well in doubles is very impressive!!!

Cute trophies too, by the way.
Vanity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 10:30 PM   #15
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

I always knew that Maritna was an amzing person, but I NEVER thought she'd still be adding to her trophy collection at age 45!!!

Congrats to Martina , and to Natasha (how we missed you!!)
Many, many older women like myself are greatly inspired by your feats!
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote