Jennifer Capriati vs. Guillermo Vilas!!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 25th, 2002, 04:23 PM   #1
country flag mn73

mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold
Jennifer Capriati vs. Guillermo Vilas!!!

They were involved in an exhibition today at Montrouge Stadium in Paris. Anyone have any more news?

Pictures here:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...168/1lo57.html

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...168/1lo51.html

Jelena Jankovic : US Open finalist 2008 and World No. 1

Jennifer Capriati : 3 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1

[center]Rafael Nadal : 10 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1 [/center]
mn73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2002, 07:47 PM   #2
country flag paigery

paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice
Jennifer Capriati is a ray of sunshine on and off court. The WTA Tour is a better palce with Jennifer in it

A Heritage of champions

One is Brazilian. The other is American. One is in his 50s. The other is in her 20s. But they have a tremendous amount in common. On May 25, Guillermo Vilas and Jennifer Capriati will take time out in Paris to meet and swap stories about winning the French Open-Guillermo in 1977 and Jennifer in 2001. They'll also spend some time dishing about their favorite tennis togs, namely Fila's Heritage Collection. Guillermo played in the Fila collections that inspired the Heritage pieces Jennifer will proudly wear when she defends her title at Roland Garros.

Similar playing style
In 1977, Guillermo, known as the Pampas Bull, won 50 consecutive victories and 17 tournaments. The legendary string of wins was unlike anything anybody had ever witnessed before and helped cement Guillermo's spot in the Hall of Fame. Guillermo's trademark was his incredible on-court endurance. He could play for hours and hours, wearing his opponents down and slicing his way toward victory.

Jennifer shares this same work ethic. She never gives up. She goes after every shot, no matter how difficult. She works through the pain, as we all saw, worked through the early snipes from detractors who said she would never be able to make a comeback. Not only did she make a comeback, she's the sport's golden girl-and the winner of the 2002 Laureus Sportswoman of the Year Award.

GO JENNIFER, all the way at the French

GO CAPPA!
paigery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 07:54 PM   #3
country flag herodoto

herodoto has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally posted by paigery
Jennifer Capriati is a ray of sunshine on and off court. The WTA Tour is a better palce with Jennifer in it

A Heritage of champions

One is Brazilian. The other is American. One is in his 50s. The other is in her 20s.

Vilas is not brazilian!!! he is from Argentina!!
Born: August 17, 1952, Mar del Plata, Argentina

Citizenship: Argentina

Handed: Left

Nickname: Young Bull of the Pampas

herodoto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 08:01 PM   #4
TexasTech Guy

TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts
LOL a ray of sunshine? More like a ray of hell.
TexasTech Guy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 08:22 PM   #5
country flag LucasArg

LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute
God, how can someone said Guillermo Vilas is brazilian

Vivi Ruano Pascual - Jorgelina Cravero - Soledad Esperon - Florencia Molinero
Maria Igiroyen - Maria Jose Argeri - Agustina Lepore - Mailen Auroux

Jelena Dokic - Maria Kirilenko - Natalia Gussoni - Andrea Betinez
Tatiana Golovin - Veronica Spiegel - Natalia Garbellotto - Vanina Garcia Sokol
LucasArg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 08:30 PM   #6
country flag paigery

paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice paigery is just really nice
So full of hate. Don't blame me about Vilas background, hello the article was copied and pasted from it's original version. Blame the sportswriters not the messenger. So back off! And please don't attempt to stifen my enthusiasm for Jennifer because it could never happen. Jen is a ray of sunshine all around the WTA! Thank you

GO CAPPA!

Last edited by paigery : May 25th, 2002 at 09:05 PM.
Old May 25th, 2002, 08:36 PM   #7
country flag CanadianBoy21

CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute
That's Serena, ray of sunshine.
While Jennifer, I must agree, is ray of hell.
CanadianBoy21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 08:39 PM   #8
country flag JonBcn
Tart with a Heart

JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute
In fairness, I dont think Lucas said anything about you; only that what was written was incorrect. You´re the one resorting to name-calling.

I´m on your side about Jen though!
Old May 25th, 2002, 10:42 PM   #9
country flag joaco

joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold
they're both alike, but I CANNOT believe someone messed up with Guille's nacionality: ARGENTINA, that is A-R-G-E-N-T-I-N-A

so glad to see them both together...
joaco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 11:53 PM   #10
country flag mn73

mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold
Don't know why I bother asking anything about Jennifer here... you are all so full of hate. Why don't people just enjoy the tennis.

Jelena Jankovic : US Open finalist 2008 and World No. 1

Jennifer Capriati : 3 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1

[center]Rafael Nadal : 10 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1 [/center]
mn73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 11:58 PM   #11
country flag LucasArg

LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute
Paigery There was nothing against you, I know you copy that, I was saying how can a reporter write suchs mistakes ok.

Calm down

Vivi Ruano Pascual - Jorgelina Cravero - Soledad Esperon - Florencia Molinero
Maria Igiroyen - Maria Jose Argeri - Agustina Lepore - Mailen Auroux

Jelena Dokic - Maria Kirilenko - Natalia Gussoni - Andrea Betinez
Tatiana Golovin - Veronica Spiegel - Natalia Garbellotto - Vanina Garcia Sokol
LucasArg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 12:06 AM   #12
country flag paigery

I want it known that I have no ill will towards anyone. Too bad this thread turned into a bash Capriati thread (again). I am not upset with anyone and I am over it. Mark, Capriati will go all the way baby!!!!!!!!! Good Luck Jen

GO CAPPA!
Old May 26th, 2002, 12:15 AM   #13
kazzmazz

kazzmazz has disabled reputation
Thanks for the heads up Mark. Please keep it coming, many of us really appreciate it

We can't let the haters run us out.
kazzmazz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 12:21 AM   #14
TexasTech Guy

TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts TexasTech Guy is infamous around these parts
Im not bashing capriatti its just the truth.

RAYS OF SUNSHINE DONT GET KICKED OFF THE AMERICAN FED CUP TEAM. HELLO!
TexasTech Guy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 12:28 AM   #15
country flag Richie77
Bright Like Neon Love

Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute Richie77 has a reputation beyond repute
Nationality error aside, I think it's nice that Jennifer and Guillermo played an exhibition together.

Good luck Jennifer :wave:
Richie77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote