Williams vs. Williams: Will it happen again in Paris? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 25th, 2002, 02:19 PM   #1
TeeRexx

TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice
Williams vs. Williams: Will it happen again in Paris?

The 2001 U.S. Open womens singles final was an historic occasion in sports when VENUS and SERENA WILLIAMS faced each other in that championship match.

But, can they do it once more in Paris at the Roland Garos championships?

VENUS: The biggest obstacles to the Queen of Tennis playing in the finals is, as always, injuries and distracting shopping sprees in Paris.
Heck, she has winning records against everyone entered and she just about owns the #1 ranked player in the world.
So, if VENUS can stay healthy and give that Kryptonite credit card a rest, her chances of being in the finals are very good.

SERENA: At this time, the Princess may be the odds on favorite to take the title, based on the momentum that she has going into Roland Garos after defeating Henin and Capriati in her last tournament victory.
SERENA and Henin may have the toughest draw of the top 5 seeds but, she seems to have found the way to handle Henin and she has equaled her sister's winning streak against Ms. Manners.
SERENA will be in the finals if she can close out those sets, in which she builds up leads, and decisively finish off her opponets in the process.

Even though VENUS is the best player on the tour, I would like to see SERENA with the Roland Garos title for her second major title.

Go SERENA!
Go VENUS!

Last edited by TeeRexx : May 26th, 2002 at 01:15 PM.
TeeRexx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2002, 02:23 PM   #2
Amanda

Amanda is a splendid one to behold Amanda is a splendid one to behold Amanda is a splendid one to behold Amanda is a splendid one to behold Amanda is a splendid one to behold Amanda is a splendid one to behold Amanda is a splendid one to behold Amanda is a splendid one to behold Amanda is a splendid one to behold Amanda is a splendid one to behold Amanda is a splendid one to behold
I hope so! Venus is fantastic. Serena is terrific. A final on clay will be phenominal.
"They'll never be ranked #1" LOL!
"They'll never win a title on clay" LOL!
"All they do is hit hard" LOL!
"Venus will never win another Tier I title" LOL!
"Venus will never beat another top-5 player" LOL!
"Venus will never win another grand slam title" LOL!
Amanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 03:00 PM   #3
country flag Williams Rulez
Team WTAworld

Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute
I sure hope so...

Mary : Monica : Svetlana : Sania : Jennifer : Amelie
Roddick : Grosjean : David : Djokovic
Williams Rulez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 03:03 PM   #4
GrandSlammed

GrandSlammed is an unknown quantity at this point
This Could Be The Start Of Something BEAUTIFUL
GrandSlammed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 03:31 PM   #5
Jovon

Jovon is just really nice Jovon is just really nice Jovon is just really nice Jovon is just really nice Jovon is just really nice Jovon is just really nice Jovon is just really nice Jovon is just really nice Jovon is just really nice Jovon is just really nice Jovon is just really nice
I hope so!

I hope they are both injury free. If they are they can do it!
Old May 25th, 2002, 03:38 PM   #6
QueenO

QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice
See you in the Final girls......
QueenO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 05:09 PM   #7
country flag Fingon

Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute
or maybe we will have an all belgian finals
Fingon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 05:14 PM   #8
country flag CanadianBoy21

CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute
Even if it is not a Williams final, if one wins, I will be soooooo happy.
I can't be too greedy, afterall there are some other good players in the draw. As long as one thakes it.

Although, if it is a Williams Final, I'll be in heaven.

"Women's Final coming up right after this, Venus & Serena, 2002 French Open"
CanadianBoy21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 05:24 PM   #9
country flag Shane54

Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold
If a sister wins, I hope that Venus does it. Seems as though people are writing her off because of Serena's good clay court season. A good warm up clay season means nothing. A la Capriati in 2001 and ASV 98. Venus did not have a bad one either, winning Amelia Island and a real close one with Clijsters in Hamburg. Not too shabby. Actually I believe that Venus will be the "minor" surprise and will be the one to reach the final.

But best of the luck to both!
Until Rena play Cap
Shane54 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 05:30 PM   #10
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation
Shane, do you have a fever?? LOLOL Just kidding of course... I am watching the Justine Henin vs Venus final at Amelia Island right now , and I couldn't agree more with your post . Anyway, I love the fact that the pressure is not on Miss Venus this time around:P...
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 05:50 PM   #11
country flag LucasArg

LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute
Please Venus, stay healthy and win this one. Also I would be happy if Serena takes it.

GO GIRLS YOU GOT WORK TO DO IN PARIS
LucasArg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 06:52 PM   #12
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope not, but if it happens then I hope Venus wins it.
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 06:52 PM   #13
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute
Shane I am surprised, are you feeling ok? J/K

I would love to see an all Williams final, but if not I definetly want one of them to win. It would be historic since, it's been a while since a person of color has won RG. If anyone can break that barrier it's a Williams

GO GIRLS!
Old May 25th, 2002, 07:03 PM   #14
Gumbycat
Registered 1

Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light
ALL Williams Final with Serena winning a tough 3 set match for the Championship! Then have our girls ranked 1 and 2 in the world!
http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/82188
Gumbycat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 07:05 PM   #15
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute
I'm leaning more towards Serena winning the title. Now if there is a Williams/Williams final I would still want Rena to win it all. I think it's just her time to take these grand slams. Jen doesn't really need it, Venus doesn't really need it, because they have already did it numerous times. This is Serena's breakthrough year, she has finally started to be the ruthless champion that she was in 99 and it encouraging to see her newfound confidence.

Go, Babygirl and show them all who's the best!!!!!!
harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote