Venus' 2nd Round Match. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 31st, 2006, 05:06 PM   #1
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute
Venus' 2nd Round Match.

Unless Kuznetsova wins before 8pm local time in Paris, Venus will most likely not be playing today. This men's match has at least a set and a half to go on Chatrier and Lenglen will also have a men's match -- yet to go on. If Svetlana can win within the hour, Venus will get on -- but possibly not finish.
I hope she does get on. With her body, the day of rest is so key for her. :/
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2006, 05:08 PM   #2
country flag Il Primo!
Number 1 Veeshabator in the game for a minute

Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone
Unless Kuznetsova wins before 8pm local time in Paris, Venus will most likely not be playing today. This men's match has at least a set and a half to go on Chatrier and Lenglen will also have a men's match -- yet to go on. If Svetlana can win within the hour, Venus will get on -- but possibly not finish.
I hope she does get on. With her body, the day of rest is so key for her. :/
If she don't play this day,will she be programmed on the central tomorrow??
Il Primo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:09 PM   #3
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

My money says she plays tomorrow morning on Chatrier court. I can't see her starting a match , even on another court.
Vania King, Sloane Stephens
Michael Joseph Jackson|1958-2009|RIP King of Music

Whitney Elizabeth Houston|1963-2012|RIP Queen of Music
lizchris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:10 PM   #4
country flag tonythetiger

tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future
This really sickens me. I hope Gasquet beat Nalbandian's tail for not winning in straight sets. If Venus has to play too late or have to play two matches back to back, I will be further upset. The weather in France and England is pathetic!
tonythetiger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:13 PM   #5
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute
There's a price to pay when you want to make the big money, drive the fancy cars, and wear the expensive clothes.
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:13 PM   #6
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute
dreadful scheduling by the organisers putting 4 matches on Chatrier considering the weather and surface is just dumb This is the kind of situation I was hoping Vee could avoid in RG, having to play matches on consecutive days
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:14 PM   #7
pierce0415

pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute
well they can start it now on an outside court
pierce0415 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:18 PM   #8
country flag xin_hui

xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-MAC
dreadful scheduling by the organisers putting 4 matches on Chatrier considering the weather and surface is just dumb This is the kind of situation I was hoping Vee could avoid in RG, having to play matches on consecutive days
what did you want them to do? 4 matches on chatrier has always been the standard, weather or not.
xin_hui is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:26 PM   #9
country flag mr_burns

mr_burns has much to be proud of mr_burns has much to be proud of mr_burns has much to be proud of mr_burns has much to be proud of mr_burns has much to be proud of mr_burns has much to be proud of mr_burns has much to be proud of mr_burns has much to be proud of mr_burns has much to be proud of mr_burns has much to be proud of mr_burns has much to be proud of
If venus won't start they will change the shedule...only 4 full matches each day...maybe dechy or dementieva won't be on a showcourt then
mr_burns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:29 PM   #10
country flag RJWCapriati

RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully she can just rest today

Follow me on twitter @RandyWhite89
RJWCapriati is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:33 PM   #11
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute
Nalbandian is seemingly on his way to a 4-set victory as this thread is started. Venus could get on by 8:15 local time. And by this, unless she steamrolls -- and I don't think Emma will let her, Venus will have to continue tomorrow.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:37 PM   #12
country flag Rome

Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold
Let me say this the french don't want venus to win here back to back late match come on.
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:40 PM   #13
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute
Its starting to look more like she might get out there and if she does i think she will be determined to finish it pretty quickly and shell prob race through it me thinks
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:44 PM   #14
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute
It's an unfortunate situation, but it is what it is. Venus has been in positions like this before though so I'm not worried. I think she knows what she has to do. The rest day would be nice though. Hopefully if she does get on court she can finish it quick.

Couver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:45 PM   #15
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
Obviously they still intend to put that match on.

Since Gasquet is folding now, it might work. They could play until 9 pm local time which is in 75 minutes, and that might just be enough.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote