Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!! - Page 74 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 7th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #1096
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Hope Kaia stays healthy in next season. Can`t wait for 2012 !

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 14th, 2011, 10:14 AM   #1097
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I think she might receive a wildcard into Sydney. Last year, Cibulkova and Hantuchova both got wildcards into Sydney because they were rising in form. I think they might give one to Kanepi given her results in Moscow, Tokyo and Beijing and the fact that she has gone to Sydney to play almost every year.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #1098
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

It was published a few months ago, but still good to go.
Quote:
Any nicknames?
My coach calls me Kaiser. I don’t like it at all but I think it’s easier to say than Kaia.

If you weren’t a tennis player, what would you be?
I am from a sporty family so maybe track and field – my Mum did it.

Which website do you check the most?
Mostly news. Newspapers.

What do you regard as your biggest achievement in tennis?
Reaching the position where I am right now and making three quarterfinals in Grand Slams.

If a movie was made about your life, which actress would you want to play you?
She’s not an actress but maybe Alicia Molik, because many times people have said we are similar so maybe she could do it.

What do you do when you’re not playing tennis?
Be at home, see my sister’s horse and spend time with family and friends.

Where is your favourite holiday destination?
Thailand.

What is the best Fed Cup atmosphere you’ve played in?

At home, for sure. Against Israel or against Spain.

Who is the most famous person in your phone book?
I think my coach and my fitness coach.

If you were singing karaoke, what song would you pick?
I think an Estonian song, Mia Hey Hey.

Do you have any pre-match rituals?
I go to the bathroom before every match. Even if I don’t feel like I need to go, I just want to make sure that I don’t have to go during the match.

What was the last music you downloaded on iTunes?
Rolling in the Deep, by Adele.

If you could pick three people from history to have dinner with, who would they be?
I would go with Estonians. I’d go with a model, Carmen Kass, the goalkeeper Mart Poom and the third I’ll leave as a secret.

What has been your best Fed Cup moment?
When I beat Victoria Azarenka and we made it to World Group II.

And your worst Fed Cup moment?
I don’t think I have had one.

Tell us something about Kaia Kanepi we don’t know…

I am friendly and shy!
http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/articl...ia-kanepi.aspx

There are this kind of interviews with Hantuchova and Jankovic too, funnily they chose the same match as worst or most special
Jankovic:
Quote:
What is the best Fed Cup atmosphere you’ve played in?
They’re all special in their own way. Like the last one [Slovak Republic v Serbia, 2011], in the deciding doubles we were down a set and 5-1, 40-15 and we won 9-7 in the third, so that was special.
Hantuchova:
Quote:
And your worst Fed Cup moment?
Probably this year when we managed to lose the doubles [against Serbia].
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #1099
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

There is no reason why Kaia should not play fed cup next year
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #1100
country flag kaiafan

kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
There is no reason why Kaia should not play fed cup next year
Why?Is there any news about her,saying she won't or shouldn't play?
kaiafan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 02:16 AM   #1101
country flag chingching

No. It's just this person called Vik thinks she won't play while WhoamI? and I are trying to prove him wrong
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 02:40 AM   #1102
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Schedule on her site does not show Fed Cup (at least not yet), but Paris is already added. Not that it means that she definitely will not play. Initial nominations will be out soon.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 05:49 AM   #1103
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No. It's just this person called Vik thinks she won't play while WhoamI? and I are trying to prove him wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylger View Post
Vik. is a good friend of mine and he's also very good friends with Kaia, so he would know what Kaia would have planned.
As I know this part, I wasn't trying to prove him wrong, I just thought Kaia not playing Fed Cup sucks (for the team).
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 06:54 AM   #1104
country flag chingching

Are you people all members of the Estonian Tennis Association or something?
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 08:25 AM   #1105
country flag vik

vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
hahaha, you should know that being Estonian is a rarity... most of estos know each other...also I happened to be a person who admins Kaia's Facebook fanpage

She is just fine in Thailand Training hard on her tennis and fitness. As she had some problems with her back for a while during off season- so she has a lot do to but she remains calm and is happy.

Fec Cup is not scheduled at this point..

Graf

Last edited by vik : Dec 30th, 2011 at 08:10 AM. Reason: truth
vik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #1106
country flag chingching

You are right. When I went to Rakvere, everyone knew eachother and were very frindly. And I know Kaia's facebook page, given that I "like" it.
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #1107
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
As I know this part, I wasn't trying to prove him wrong, I just thought Kaia not playing Fed Cup sucks (for the team).
I didn't mean prove him wrong I meant question his point. I phrased it badly
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 04:34 PM   #1108
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vik View Post
hahaha, you should know that being Estonian is a rarity... most of estos know each other...also I happened to be a person who admins Kaia's Facebook fanpage

She is just fine in Thailand Training hard on her tennis and fitness. As she had some problems with her back for a while during off season- so she has a lot do to but she remains calm and is happy.
Glad to hear Kaia is doing good. Hopefully she'll recover fast from her injury.

As for Estonians. It's a small country and everyone has a lot of familiar friends. It's sometimes funny and depressing if you find out who knows who
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)

Last edited by Kylger : Dec 19th, 2011 at 04:43 PM.
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 04:17 AM   #1109
country flag chingching

I think that Estonia should get a decent challenger to introduce tennis as a sport to the people. It has grown in popularity but is still behind soccer and basketball. If they had a 50k+h or 75k tournament at the end of the year just after luxembourg it could be great.
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #1110
country flag WhoAmI?

Depends on how you measure popularity. Whatever field we have someone on the top is popular (cross country for years, there's a huge drop now; football at the moment; decathlon back in the day, now no one really cares; volleyball and basketball go up and down, depending on the results etc.)