Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!! - Page 70 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 15th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #1036
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylger View Post
Kaia would never withdraw unless she was seriously ill. I'm sure if Sabine had been fine and Kaia sick, she would have gone to play anyways and done her best. That's what I like about Kaia, she never plays dirty. SHe might be losing badly and feeling like sh*t but she will lose fair a square.
I know. She's also one of the most honest players. When she was playing Jankovic in Dubai, she hit a ball through the net but the umpire didn't see and said that it went over the net and said she won the point. Then, she went up to the umpire and surrendered the point. That never happens anymore.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 15th, 2011, 10:48 PM   #1037
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is more than unlikely. Margit has the same issue that Dinara Safinas has. Margit's back can not take too much pressure. A few matches and then her back usually starts hurting so bad, she has difficulty to move around even.

That's why I'm saying she might play Helsinki 25k with Anett.
She and Maret should become professional doubles team after they've taken like a year out. It will give them time to rest and finish high school and stuff like that and then after working on their injuries, they can play doubles together. They might each make top 50 if they commit and play a lot of tournaments.

Also, who thinks that Tallinn should get a WTA to (or at least a high level challenger) to add to the end of year hard court season?
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #1038
country flag chingching

Quote:
Well I'm sure Kaia will be in Singles at the Olympics so why not play Doubles there also if you have the chance. You never know, maybe she'll even play Mixed Doubles with Zopp
Cause its on grass, if she gets an easy draw of no hitters (e.g. wozniacki, jankovic, radwanska) she could even make the quarters or semi's. It would send the right message to Estonian youngsters if a tennis player won a medal at the olympics. And its on grass!

She just needs to get top 20 by then and I think she has a good shot at the title.
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 10:53 PM   #1039
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
I read in the news that she's planning to play ITFs in France (100k in Poitiers, as we already know) and Finland (the only tournament in calendar is 25k Helsinki). You guys were right I'm still surprised.
she's a little crazy.
Still, she could act as a mentor for anett, and who knows. You've gotta start low in doubles. Kaia has to grow with anett. Therefore, by next year olympics, they may still be playing challengers. Hopefully the olympic committee think it will be a good idea to put a 16 year old in the olympics
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 11:10 AM   #1040
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Cause its on grass, if she gets an easy draw of no hitters (e.g. wozniacki, jankovic, radwanska) she could even make the quarters or semi's. It would send the right message to Estonian youngsters if a tennis player won a medal at the olympics. And its on grass!

She just needs to get top 20 by then and I think she has a good shot at the title.
Kaia is very comfortable on grass, she said it herself after last years Wimbledon. She had A LOT of matches on grass and she got good results.
She was extreamly pleased and said that grass could become a good favorite for her. This year it got screwed up with ongoing injury and she couldn't play at her best.

Kaia winning an Olympic medal would be awsome and our beloved haters back in Estonia would finally have to shut the hell up. Reading comments about Kaia all the time just pisses me off. People are so vile while commenting her performance and all.
Quote:
she's a little crazy.
Still, she could act as a mentor for anett, and who knows. You've gotta start low in doubles. Kaia has to grow with anett. Therefore, by next year olympics, they may still be playing challengers. Hopefully the olympic committee think it will be a good idea to put a 16 year old in the olympics
Anett said in one of her interviews that she is a mix of Kaia and Maret She looks up to both of them. She just needs to get her nerves under control. She said it herself that she might sometimes lose her focus.

As for their Doubles. Kaia hasn't had much success in it and she needs to find a solid partner with who their styles mix perfectly. Anett should be good for her, because she's also very aggressive. Not sure of her netplay though. Haven't seen her play tbh.
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #1041
country flag chingching

Anett is good net player but only comes in sometimes in singles (she was 5 of 7 aainst govortsova in fed cup, her best stat). I think that Kaia should play doubles with Jarmila Gajdosova (i'm australian)mcause their games could potentially blend well together. They could be the new eastern european williams sisters. With their serves and forehands, who could really beat them on grass?
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #1042
country flag vik

vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light

kaia said that if she plays doubles in the future she needs a good partner, no point to ask random girls for GS. She likes to play with Bovina but their schedules don't meet. Fed Cup she always plays if asked..

Graf
vik is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 06:22 PM   #1043
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anett is good net player but only comes in sometimes in singles (she was 5 of 7 aainst govortsova in fed cup, her best stat). I think that Kaia should play doubles with Jarmila Gajdosova (i'm australian)mcause their games could potentially blend well together. They could be the new eastern european williams sisters. With their serves and forehands, who could really beat them on grass?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vik View Post
kaia said that if she plays doubles in the future she needs a good partner, no point to ask random girls for GS. She likes to play with Bovina but their schedules don't meet. Fed Cup she always plays if asked..
Vik suggest Jarka to her They are ranked similar to each other in Singles, maybe they can apply for a WC to tournaments or atleast start playing in GS together
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #1044
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Bovina has little connections to Estonia, as Leius was her coach for a little while so no wonder

But whatever happened to Senoglu? They had a nice run together at Wimbledon in 2009, and Senoglu seemed to be interested to play more together, but that never happened. Instead she hooked up with Shvedova.

btw, Kaia's match is on Eurosport tomorrow
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #1045
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post

But whatever happened to Senoglu? They had a nice run together at Wimbledon in 2009, and Senoglu seemed to be interested to play more together, but that never happened. Instead she hooked up with Shvedova.

btw, Kaia's match is on Eurosport tomorrow
Yea, anyone know why they never played again, they were a good team and I read that they definitely play again together soon

ES Good luck
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2011, 08:31 AM   #1046
country flag chingching

Quote:
Vik suggest Jarka to her They are ranked similar to each other in Singles, maybe they can apply for a WC to tournaments or atleast start playing in GS together
I know!! I know i'm Australian so i might be biased but Australians love to watch Aussies play sport and will support them so much. If Kaia played doubles with Jarka, she might even get some singles support. Also, Jarka might actually play with her cause last year she played with Zakapolova so she won't necessarily play with an Aussie
Old Oct 17th, 2011, 11:42 AM   #1047
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Kaia beat Errani 6-0, 7-5 She was serving for the match at 5-3, had 3 MPs in that long game but got broken

Kaia and Jarka played doubles at AO 2009. They lost 1 and 4 to Stosur/Stubbs then.
Old Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #1048
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Win's a win, revenge taken Broken when serving for the match? what else is new..

But next round is very tough, even though Schiavone isn't exactly in stunning form, she's always been a tough cookie for Kaia.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #1049
country flag Kylger

Good job Kaia, now on to the next spaghetti!!!

Take her down for that tight loss. REVENGE!!!
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #1050
country flag Tennisfan06

Kaia and Schiavone play tomorrow when I have a test and I cant watch this game. That is a good sign