Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!! - Page 66 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 28th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #976
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
AWESOME
Glad I didnt see the match, I would be in the hospital with an heart attack
I was more pain than pleasure watching it, so good thing you didn't
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 28th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #977
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
AWESOME
Glad I didnt see the match, I would be in the hospital with an heart attack
I hope you have a test tomorrow too
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #978
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Kaia's comments on the match:

Quote:
"I'm very excited about the victory, and about how I played in the match. I really fought for it," Kanepi said. "I always believe if I play my best I can beat anyone. But I just have to make sure I'm playing my best when I go out there."

After going 0-3 in the grass court season, Kanepi sat all of her pre-US Open tournaments out with an Achilles injury, the absence accounting for much of the ranking fall - but that seems to be gone. "I played through Achilles tendonitis since March but had to withdraw from tournaments in the summer. I had to take a break. But it feels good now - I can practice at 100% now, which is the key for me."

Although she is halfway across the world, Kanepi does have a piece of home here - Estonian sumo wrestler Baruto Kaito, who was the first Estonian ever to reach the top division in the sport in Japan. "We're friends. Every time I come to Tokyo I try to meet up with him. This year I went to see him twice, and I spend the day with him one time. He's very famous in Estonia, and here in Japan too. It was so exciting to watch him wrestle - it was the most exciting day of my year!"
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201109...256076_2465863
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #979
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
I hope you have a test tomorrow too
I am the one with a math test tomorrow.

Kaia Fantastic win, great that she finally closed it out.
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 10:52 PM   #980
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Great win against Wozniacki, Kaia!

Kaia is a huge talent, nice to see her 100% healthy. She fought really hard

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #981
country flag WhoAmI?

Lost to Radwanska 26 67(7)

I couldn't see the match, so I can only imagine. Shame she couldn't force it to the 3rd set

However, it was a good tournament.

I want to see more wins next week in Beijing (no matter the opponent, though Serena or Kvitova would be a horrible draw).
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 12:42 PM   #982
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

But still an awesome week
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #983
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lost to Radwanska 26 67(7)

I couldn't see the match, so I can only imagine. Shame she couldn't force it to the 3rd set

However, it was a good tournament.

I want to see more wins next week in Beijing (no matter the opponent, though Serena or Kvitova would be a horrible draw).
I watched the match. Kaia started really badly and was down 0-4. She started playing a lot better after that margin though.

Second set was truly good from her. She played a lot of great shots around the court and was moving really well. She had her chances to win the second set, but failed to convert all her break points she had on Radwanska serve. She was just lacking a little bit on important points.

Shame really, she should really push herself a little harder and try to keep the ball in play longer than she does, because she was pushing a lot of balls out by a very small margin.
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 06:12 AM   #984
country flag WhoAmI?

Beijing

(1) Caroline Wozniacki vs Lucie Hradecka
Anabel Medina Garrigues vs Jarmila Gajdosova
Kaia Kanepi vs (WC) Saisai Zheng
Irina Camelia Begu vs (14) Sabine Lisicki

Exciting quarter, I think
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 08:12 AM   #985
country flag Kylger

Quote:
Beijing

(1) Caroline Wozniacki vs Lucie Hradecka
Anabel Medina Garrigues vs Jarmila Gajdosova
Kaia Kanepi vs (WC) Saisai Zheng
Irina Camelia Begu vs (14) Sabine Lisicki

Exciting quarter, I think

The only exciting thing about this 1/8th of draw is how on earth did Kaia get the chinese wildcard. Having Lisicki in R2 and Woz in R3 again
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #986
country flag Rusher

Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylger View Post

The only exciting thing about this 1/8th of draw is how on earth did Kaia get the chinese wildcard. Having Lisicki in R2 and Woz in R3 again
It is not bad at all, can win all of them.
Rusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 10:48 AM   #987
country flag WhoAmI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylger View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusher View Post
It is not bad at all, can win all of them.
I think so too. Kaia is in good form at the moment, so facing tough opponents is okay, she is able to beat them. However if she was in poor form, there would be no joy in the beat down.

I'd be very happy if she'd get to the 3rd round But with WTA it's not too wise to look too much ahead.
First round first.
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #988
country flag Kylger

Not only will Kaia have Wozniacki in R3 again (who is most certainly wanting to beat Kaia this time round), but she has Lisicki in R2 who is in amazing form after her injury break. I'm not at all confident she can beat Lisicki, even with her current form.
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #989
country flag WhoAmI?

Maybe Begu will surprise us all (saying this, it's not like Kaia is safely to the 2nd round yet)
And it's not like I'm confident she will beat Lisicki, but she's able to
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 10:04 AM   #990
country flag Kylger

Kanepi won 6-0 6-3

Next up Lisicki.