Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!! - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 8th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #631
country flag vik

vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Kaia's interview about 2010

1. Describe your feelings and thoughts after you started your season with an impressive win over Na Li in Auckland?
(John, New Zealand)
Kaia: it was a great happy feeling after very long bad period. That gave me motivation and hunger to move forward and get more good wins.
2. Why did you choose rather strange schedule for Memphis-Acapulco-Monterrey? those are on different surfaces.
(Linda, USA)
Kaia: That was my team's decision this time and the goal was to get some extra points.
3. You had tough battle both in IW and Miami but could not pull a win. What were your strategic choices done after that period as your other part of year was massive?
(Danil, Russia)
Kaia: I got a new coach in the beginning of April and I think he has a huge part in my good results. Strategically, I tryed to play more safer and not go for too many risks, just wait for the right monent.
4. The best win of 2011 gamewise? Why?
(Jurkki, Finland)
Kaia:Win over Pennetta in Palermo final because I played solid the whole match
5. Any tough loss that taught you much? Jurkki, Finland
Kaia: Loss against Kvitova in Wimbledon quaters where I had 5 match balls
6. Eurosport commentator named you the most athetic player from tall ones, what have you done for getting in that wonderful shape? Any secrets? (Tomoko, Japan)
Kaia Secret is functional integrated training and we are doing lot`s of agility and plyometrical exercises.
7. I have heard that you are one of the biggest Estonian sports stars, have you got any media-pr-marketing person working for you? Do you do your Facebook yourself? Btw, facebook is really good, better than most players ones.. (Eric, UK)
Kaia: Right now i don't have any marketing person working for me. I have a great supporter Viktor Aspel who manages my Facebook fan page with me. A lot of info that is there is consulted with me and I occasionally update it myself as well. Still, most of the work is done by him and I provide good results to write about
8. Can you reveal your new outfit for Australian Open and winter period? Loved the one you played (Soraya, Chile)
Kaia: Thank you I don't know yet. I buy all my sporting clothes and I will see what is available in January.
9. How is recovery doing after your fell during work-out? (Eric, UK)
Kaia:It is going alright. My arm is still in cast and on 15th November I will make a new computer scan and then we'll see how is it.
10. What are your goals in 2011? Slam goals and other goals?
Kaia: To do better than this year

Graf
vik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 8th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #632
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Thanks!

She gave a nice interview to one of the newspapers too last week

I thought she used to get the clothes for free? Anyway it explains switching between Adidas and Nike though.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #633
country flag tennisfan146

tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold

That's a nice interview. Good luck to Kaia in 2011!
tennisfan146 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #634
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the interview Vik, too many typing mistakes though
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #635
country flag vik

vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylger View Post
Thanks for the interview Vik, too many typing mistakes though
STOP biatching, Gert! I have not written any line myself... just questions and Kaia's answers... Even, Greece doesn't make you take it EASY, DUDE----

Graf
vik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 07:32 AM   #636
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik View Post
STOP biatching, Gert! I have not written any line myself... just questions and Kaia's answers... Even, Greece doesn't make you take it EASY, DUDE----
Nope still the same as back home, just the way I like it
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #637
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

^^ thanks for the interview, vik.

What an amazing year for Kaia!

2 Grand Slam QFs: Wimbledon, US Open.

Kaia finishes 2010 as #22.

Ranking History,
SEASON-ENDING SINGLES:

2004: #226
2005: #120
2006: #64
2007: #75
2008: #27
2009: #61
2010: #22

Kaia close to career-high.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #638
country flag A-Chak

A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all

Good year Kaia

Hopefully she can heal fast before AO
A-Chak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2010, 02:23 PM   #639
country flag Kylger

Good news for Kaia.

She and her former big sponsor Tallink have joined again. Tallink once again will be her main sponsor.

Hopefully this time their cooperation will be more lucrative then.
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 11:37 PM   #640
country flag A-Chak

A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all

Any update on Kaia's injury??
A-Chak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 11:48 PM   #641
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Recovering well. She is already hoping to play Estonian Masters (9-11 Dec), but should definitely be ok for Sydney and AO.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 08:11 AM   #642
country flag Kylger

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Chak View Post
Any update on Kaia's injury??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Recovering well. She is already hoping to play Estonian Masters (9-11 Dec), but should definitely be ok for Sydney and AO.
Kaia has updated her Facebook page with Sydney tournament, so should be OK for that.
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 02:37 AM   #643
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

She will indeed play Estonian Masters, together with Rüütel, Kontaveit and Ani (or Schutting, if Ani can´t play). Hopefully she is fully healed and and it will not cause any further problems.
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 09:45 AM   #644
country flag Kylger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
She will indeed play Estonian Masters, together with Rüütel, Kontaveit and Ani (or Schutting, if Ani can´t play). Hopefully she is fully healed and and it will not cause any further problems.
Read a quick snippet about it on local news also and Karjus told at the press conference that opponents should hit to Kaia's backhand, saying it's better for opponents as well as for them to see how the hand itself is.
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #645
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

She plans to use single handed backhand