Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!! - Page 34 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 5th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #496
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Kaia and Robert defeated Hantuchova/Bhupathi 64 62
This was a fun match, Kaia was relaxed and all smiles.

Robert and Bhupathi both took some time to argue with the umpire.

First umpire called Hantu/Bhupathi's shot out and Bhupathi went to argue about it, saying something this along the lines: "You have to be sure, you can't make mistakes like that. This is not the Flushing Meadows Open, this the United States Open"

Later Bhupathi's cap fell off while hitting the winner, and Robert started saying something about that (I think he wanted the point to be replayed or given to them), and told the umpire to go and look it up in the book after the match.

The crowd was behind Bhupathi/Hantuchova of course (I guess there were lots of Indians cheering them on). Hantuchova didn't look happy not once.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2010, 12:36 AM   #497
country flag Sexysova
I'm back and fierce, bitches!

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

US Open R3: Kaia Kanepi vs. Jelena Jankovic

vs.

SET 2: http://forum.vaidisova-nicole.com/vi...p=13839#p13839
Sexysova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 09:38 PM   #498
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute

Second slam QF in a row 06 76 61!
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 09:42 PM   #499
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia. View Post
Second slam QF in a row 06 76 61!
Unreal match. First set was a disaster. Second was the only impressive set I'd say. tough rallies and epic points. Third was Kaia's domination again.

Wickmayer seemned to be tired in the third. She was pushing very hard in the second to close it out quickly, after failing to do so she got very quickly very upset.
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 09:42 PM   #500
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

what a great comeback into the game
1st set was
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 09:50 PM   #501
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

I was depressed after the first set. 2nd set was so nerve-wrecking! Kaia missed many break points and I was so nervous in front of the computer screen! I am so proud of her that she won! I hope she does her best in QF!
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #502
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

What a fantastic way to back up her win.
At 0-6 *2-4, I thought at least that's better than her Wimbledon loss.
All the best in the QF, give a good showing!
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 10:41 AM   #503
country flag WhoAmI?

Kaia's post-match interview:
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/int...816764768.html

Quote:
An Interview With: Kaia Kanepi
Monday, September 6, 2010
An interview with:

KAIA KANEPI

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. All of a sudden the match turned around. Can you explain what happened?

KAIA KANEPI: I think I had a little luck. I was 15 40 my serve, and I served two aces. I said to myself, 15 40, I just go for it. I relaxed. Then, yeah, the match started turning around for my side.

Q. What happened in the first set then?

KAIA KANEPI: Well, I think she played really well. She was hitting very hard and near the lines. So everything just worked for her. I didn't think I hit so bad. Just a little bit tight, a little slow, and she played very well.

Q. And then the third set?

KAIA KANEPI:
Well, I think I was like in the zone or something. I was just fighting every point. I tried to relax, also not think about the win. Yeah, I played well.

Q. What was the key moment, in your eyes?

KAIA KANEPI: I think the game 15 40 was the key moment.

Q. At that point did you think there was no way you could turn it around?

KAIA KANEPI: Yeah, well, I had nothing to lose, so I just went for a powerful serve, and it was a good serve, an ace, and then next point ace. Then, I don't know, just went for my side.

Q. Do you consider yourself a player who can usually get an ace when you need it? Was it a surprise you were able to get those like that?

KAIA KANEPI: No, I don't think about that. It just happened this match.

Q. Must be quite satisfying. You've now knocked two big seeds out of the tournament.

KAIA KANEPI: Yeah, it's a very good feeling to win and be in the quarters of a Grand Slam. I've never been here, quarters.

Q. Do you feel different to Wimbledon? You were in the quarterfinals of Wimbledon this year. Are you feeling in the same kind of form as you were back then?

KAIA KANEPI: Yeah, I think I play good. I played there good, too. Yeah, I feel the same.

Q. What made you choose tennis? Is tennis really big in Estonia?

KAIA KANEPI: No, it wasn't at that time. But my parents played for fun, and my sister played more. I'm the youngest. So I went with them to practice and with my parents when they played. So it was quite normal that I start to play, too.

Q. What surface did you grow up playing on?

KAIA KANEPI:
On clay.

Q. What sort of reaction do you get back home? Does everyone recognize wherever you go?

KAIA KANEPI: Yes, most of the time.

Q. Everybody is getting a bit crazy about the results back at home, are they?

KAIA KANEPI: No, I think they are very polite. They are not approaching me that much. But I see that they recognize me, talk to each other. But, no, it's okay. It's very calm.

Q. Is it fair to say that you're lacking a bit of regularity?

KAIA KANEPI: Yes, you're right. Also I have problems starting the matches. Sometimes I'm very slow. Then sometimes it's too late to get going. I think I'm getting better now. But, still, it's the point where I have to improve. I think if I improve my game, that one, I'm going up.

Q. Thoughts if you play Zvonareva?

KAIA KANEPI: First she has to win. Then we'll see.

Q. Do you remember, have you won a match before when you lost the first set 6 0?

KAIA KANEPI: Well, actually I was looking at Sharapova, won 6 Love, 6 Love. I told my fitness coach, I remember last time I lost 6 Love, 6 Love was I think when I was 13. A match 6 Love, I thought, wow, I need to take a game.

Q. You went from winning one game to winning the match. Were you thinking, Maybe this is not going to happen today?

KAIA KANEPI: Yes, it's very typical. I had many game points, and it just didn't come my way.

Q. Did you expect to be in the quarterfinals of the US Open? Did you think about it?

KAIA KANEPI:
Well, I thought I have a very good chance if I play well. I have been in quarters in French and Wimbledon, so I thought it's possible here, too.

Q. Were you injured? You were wearing a wrap.

KAIA KANEPI: No, I'm not injured. It's just protection. I had a little bit problem with my hip. But it's all right. No injuries. Protection.

Q. What you like to play against Zvonareva or Petkovic?

KAIA KANEPI: I think they're both difficult. They're right handed, fighting a lot. I have played Zvonareva when I was juniors, not after. I have played Petkovic. I really don't know which one to prefer.

Q. What can you say about Zvonareva?

KAIA KANEPI: I think she's a great fighter and a very good player. You can see her ranking, that she's good.

Q. Does your game style suit her?

KAIA KANEPI: I think it's okay. Like I said, I haven't played her, so I have to see it.

Q. Do you have a ranking goal?

KAIA KANEPI:
I have. I was 140 a few months ago. So I had to be top 70 for this year. But now I'm higher, so... No further goal for ranking this year.

Q. You had to come back from injury before. What did you have exactly?

KAIA KANEPI: I didn't have a long term injury. I just had a few small injuries last year. But, no, it didn't affect. I was still playing.
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #504
country flag WhoAmI?

So, next up is Vera Zvonareva.

Do your best Kaia (and more). Good luck!
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 10:46 AM   #505
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexysova View Post
US Open R3: Kaia Kanepi vs. Jelena Jankovic

vs.

SET 2: http://forum.vaidisova-nicole.com/vi...p=13839#p13839
Missing games
dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #506
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

So Kaia vs Zvonareva in the quarters

I want to see Zvonareva smashing raquets When she's pissed off she puts a lot of power behind it to smash it.
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #507
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

So happy for her. Watched the first two sets there live. Well done Kaia. What an incredible way to bounce back from Wimbledon.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #508
country flag Kylger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutiana View Post
So happy for her. Watched the first two sets there live. Well done Kaia. What an incredible way to bounce back from Wimbledon.
because I got in late, I started to watch from 0-4 first set and I was getting really mad, because Kaia wasn't playing her game at all. Then in the second it got even more frustrating when she failed to take the breaks, even when she was 0-40 on Wickmayers serve. When she finally won the second set I was screaming like crazy at home

Last edited by Kylger : Sep 7th, 2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #509
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing comeback, Kaia!

Really proud of her.

First US Open QF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylger View Post
because I got in late, I started to watch from 0-4 first set and I was getting really mad, because Kaia wasn't playing her game at all. Then in the second it got even more frustrating when she failed to take the breaks, even when she was 0-40 on Wickmayers serve. When she finally won the second set I was screaming like crazy at home
I screamed, then made a fist pump!

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 03:34 PM   #510
country flag WhoAmI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post

I screamed, then made a fist pump!
crazy