Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!! - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 27th, 2010, 10:25 AM   #376
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

^^That's a nice interview

And she finally says Silver is her coach (though I don't blame her not wanting to say anything about it to our sports journalists).
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 27th, 2010, 11:26 AM   #377
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

I read that article today and loved it. Glad to see someone appreciate her game and her success at Wimby. Estonian newspapers don't even bother to have an interview for some reason.

Keep going Kaia, Kookie is nothing compared to you. Take her down
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #378
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Õhtuleht (paper version) actually had a minor interview with her after she beat Gallovits (saying she played badly that day, but was better than Gallovits playing the important points), but of course they couldn't resist asking if Karjus is her coach. Kaia seemed to get annoyed by that and said 'It doesn't matter how you want to call him.'
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #379
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Good win, Kaia!

Impressive.
Kaia was too powerful for Dulgheru.

Best Wimbledon ever for Kaia.
Hope she reaches QF now!

Oh, and thanx for the article.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #380
country flag WhoAmI?

Kaia def. Zakopalova 62 64
WIMBLEDON QUARTERFINAL

Good luck against Petra!
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #381
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really proud of her
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 03:57 PM   #382
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

And again great reading from Kaia!
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/...721581606.html

Kanepi on a roll as fairytale continues

Estonian qualifier Kaia Kanepi's fairytale run continued at Wimbledon on Monday when she recorded her fourth successive straight-sets victory to move into the singles quarter-finals for the first time in her career.

The 25-year-old world No.80, who beat sixth seed Samantha Stosur in the first round, was always in control during a one-sided first set against Czech Klara Zakopalova, before hitting back from 3-0 down in the second to come through 6-2, 6-4 in an hour and 12 minutes.

After three straight-sets victories at the qualifying tournament in Roehampton prior to the Championships, Monday's win makes it seven in a row for Kanepi without the powerful right-hander even dropping a set. She has now won 26 of her last 28 matches on tour.

Next up is Petra Kvitova, another unseeded Czech, and although Tuesday's opponent hammered third seed Caroline Wozniacki in the last 16, Kanepi will be confident of going even deeper into the draw.

Kanepi used her powerful 5ft 11in frame to good effect early on Court 5, going on the attack whenever she had the opportunity to open up a 5-0 lead.
Although Zakopalova, who beat Italian Flavia Pennetta in the third round, staged a brief comeback to serve at 2-5, a brutal forehand return from the Estonian at 30-all brought up set point at which stage Zakopalova produced her 14th unforced error of the match.

Making her debut in the fourth round of a major, world No.66 Zakopalova dug in at the start of the second and quickly broke twice to move ahead 3-0. Kanepi wasn't in the mood for a three-set tussle, however, and slowly but surely clawed her way back.

She quickly pocketed two breaks of serve of her own and fought her way through a marathon seventh game on her own serve to move 4-3 ahead. A couple of games later Zakopalova came out serving to stay in the match and the pressure proved too much.

At match point down the Czech 28-year-old's 31st unforced error flew off her racket and Kanepi's dream run continued, into her second ever Grand Slam quarter-final after a similar run at the 2008 French Open.
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 04:02 PM   #383
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

2nd Grand Slam QF! She really must have adapted to grass by now. Kvitova was scary lately, that will be a tough one for her!
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #384
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute

btw, where are you from Ballbasher? You seem to cheer for Estonian girls a lot
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #385
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Kaia into Wimbledon QF!

As a Qualifier!

I guess Kaia is first Estonian girl reaching Wimbledon QF?

Very happy for Kaia.

Kvitova beat Azarenka and Wozniacki in straight sets.
So it will be a tough match.

Now reach Wimbledon SF, Kaia!!!

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #386
country flag sunsets21

sunsets21 has disabled reputation

Congrats to Kaia and her fans . I'll admit that it gives me a lot of pleasure that the person who beat Sam is in the QF
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #387
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Wow,Kaia!!! I feel so happy !!! What a dream tournament for her
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #388
country flag Kylger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsets21 View Post
Congrats to Kaia and her fans . I'll admit that it gives me a lot of pleasure that the person who beat Sam is in the QF
Oh trust me, pleasure is all ours seeing her play at this level she is right now. Hope she still continues today with her wins.

Sorry Sam had to lose, like her a lot, but I stick with my girls always.
Old Jun 29th, 2010, 03:11 AM   #389
country flag sunsets21

sunsets21 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylger View Post
Oh trust me, pleasure is all ours seeing her play at this level she is right now. Hope she still continues today with her wins.

Sorry Sam had to lose, like her a lot, but I stick with my girls always.
No worries. I actually expected Sam to lose that match anyway but don't tell any of the other Smash 'em Sam family that I said that
Old Jun 29th, 2010, 06:18 AM   #390
country flag Kylger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsets21 View Post
No worries. I actually expected Sam to lose that match anyway but don't tell any of the other Smash 'em Sam family that I said that
not a word