Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!! - Page 208 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 5th, 2014, 07:47 PM   #3106
country flag hardball

hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold
as of this morning Kaia was practicing at Rocca in Tallinn. she looked to be in good physical shape and seemed quite focussed. but I sure was surprised to see Karjus call out the drills... has she rehired Karjus??

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
hardball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 6th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #3107
country flag vik

vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardball View Post
as of this morning Kaia was practicing at Rocca in Tallinn. she looked to be in good physical shape and seemed quite focussed. but I sure was surprised to see Karjus call out the drills... has she rehired Karjus??

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Karjus is always there, he is following most of her training if he can

Graf
vik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 12:31 PM   #3108
country flag hardball

hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik View Post
Karjus is always there, he is following most of her training if he can
how do you mean? I saw Kaia prepare for FO at Herne, there was no Karjus anywhere in sight. This must be a recent thing. Karjus was on the court, leading the session, not looking at the action from the distance. I am surprised given what a mess was left behind when these two parted ways in 2012.

I don't know if she's rehiring Karjus or maybe they are simply testing. She needs a change, that's for sure. At least she made visible progress while Karjus was coaching her. Worth a try I guess.

At least she has changed her service motion back to what it used to be (lifting the tip of her front foot while initiating the service motion, a la Sampras or Maria)... Hope we will see the return of the 2012 Brisbane GOAT soon.
hardball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 10:44 PM   #3109
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardball View Post
how do you mean? I saw Kaia prepare for FO at Herne, there was no Karjus anywhere in sight. This must be a recent thing. Karjus was on the court, leading the session, not looking at the action from the distance. I am surprised given what a mess was left behind when these two parted ways in 2012.

I don't know if she's rehiring Karjus or maybe they are simply testing. She needs a change, that's for sure. At least she made visible progress while Karjus was coaching her. Worth a try I guess.

At least she has changed her service motion back to what it used to be (lifting the tip of her front foot while initiating the service motion, a la Sampras or Maria)... Hope we will see the return of the 2012 Brisbane GOAT soon.

After the Panova match she played like a World Number 1

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 11:11 AM   #3110
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Kaia is in Cinci list afterall. I checked it and saw that Kaia is ALT #2 to MD. However she is not in a Q list so I guess she is MDO there?
She did withdraw just in time to avoid making MD and getting fined for late withdrawal.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 01:26 AM   #3111
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Why enter to withdraw...

Old Aug 10th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #3112
country flag chingching

Kaia could have played 100K + H Bogota on Clay and then trained for a week in US on Hard Court. Would have at least guarenteed some points even if she struggles on the HCs...

Old Aug 10th, 2014, 03:18 PM   #3113
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Kaia is just a mystery, I guess we'll just have to put up with whatever decisions she makes.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 07:41 PM   #3114
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

From Facebook:

Quote:
Kaia about her upcoming tournaments - "I want to compete”.

How are you before tournaments in the United States and which tournaments you plan to play?
Kaia: I will start in the qualifying in New Haven and then of course the last slam of the year US OPEN. Unfortunately, I was ill after Bastad and I started to practice easily just last week. I have not practiced much yet but I would like to compete already .

What was the confidence you got from successful ITF tournaments and WTA tournament played in July?
Kaia: I think this confidence needs to be searched again at the beginning of every tournament match.

What is your schedule for Asian swing and do you like to play there?
Kaia: I plan to play Seoul in South Korea, Wuhan and Beijing in China. In principle I like being in Asia only thing that getting used to time difference is going laboriously and therefore it is not favourite place to travel.
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 10:20 PM   #3115
country flag chingching

I am surprised she likes Asia

Old Aug 14th, 2014, 09:56 PM   #3116
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

New Haven

(6)Lepchenko v Wozniak
Soler-Espinosa v Feuerstein
Van Uytvanck v (wc)Cirstea
Peer v (7)Kanepi
Old Aug 14th, 2014, 11:56 PM   #3117
country flag SecondAce

SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all

Good luck Kaia!
SecondAce is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #3118
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Time to finally get positive H2H against Peer
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2014, 06:47 PM   #3119
country flag SecondAce

SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all

Kaia won first set 6:1
Old Aug 15th, 2014, 07:41 PM   #3120
country flag SecondAce

Kaia won 6:1 7:5. Well done! On to the next one.