Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!! - Page 147 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 25th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #2191
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

OMG Kaia Great tournament. Coming back on clay season was the best option now it seems. So happy she won a title after all her injuries

All the best in RG!!!!
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #2192
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Kaia
Very good win and so very deserved after all her injuries
I really Hope this gives her confidence for RG rather than leaving her tired
I really can't wait for the next step
And another Premier

I found it kinda funny that in polls before the tournament everyone had her as favourite, including me and she actually won

She seems to be playing well and I am sorry to bring this up but does she have any injuries on her hip, heels or elsewhere

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #2193
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on winning Premier Brussels, Kaia !

The better player won. Deserved win. Thank God Kaia saved WTA

Choke at 6-2 5-2, but who cares. Peng lost and Kaia won

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 12:14 AM   #2194
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Kaia , that's almost all her RG points from last year
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:20 AM   #2195
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Congrats on winning Premier Brussels, Kaia !

The better player won. Deserved win. Thank God Kaia saved WTA

Choke at 6-2 5-2, but who cares. Peng lost and Kaia won
You don't like ShuShu

Old May 26th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #2196
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
BRUSSELS, Belgium - After a slew of washouts throughout the week Kaia Kanepi and Peng Shuai had to double up at the Brussels Open on Saturday, winning their semifinal matches in the morning then playing the final later - and it was Kanepi who came out on top, though it was a very tense finish.

Watch match highlights, interviews and more video from Brussels, right here!

Both players were pushed in those semifinal matches, Kanepi saving two set points in the first set tie-break and eventually winning a tight two-setter against Jamie Hampton, 76(6) 64, and Peng going almost two and a half hours to make it past Romina Oprandi in a see-saw three-setter, 64 26 64.

"Peng Shuai played very good - she didn't give me any free points, I had to work very hard for each point," Oprandi said. "The third set came down to just a few points, but she raised her level again."

"I thought Kaia played very well, a very solid match," Hampton said of Kanepi. "She played really good tennis to close it out, so congratulations to her and good luck to her in the next match too."

Later in the day the pair took center court again and Kanepi looked by far the fresher of the two, building a hefty 62 52 lead. The No.8-seeded Peng ran off the next three games, fighting off three match points along the way, but Kanepi bounced back to win two more games and finish it, 62 75.

"It was a difficult second set where I had match point in many games but just couldn't finish it," Kanepi said afterwards. "I was playing really well until 62 52, but I've had problems like this before. I just kept trying to pump myself up and not get too negative about losing the situations I had earlier."

Kanepi collected her fourth WTA title, having previously won Palermo in 2010 and Brisbane and Estoril in 2012. But there's a reason this WTA title was just a little bit sweeter than those first three.

"This makes me feel very happy after such a hard half year when I was out injured. I started playing again on clay, which I really like, and I've been getting my confidence back week after week."

Peng, meanwhile, fell to 0-5 in her career in WTA finals, having previously finished runner-up at Strasbourg in 2006, Forest Hills and Guangzhou in 2008 and right here in Brussels in 2011.

"Kaia played really well - heavy shots and big serves," Peng said. "I tried my best but it was just really hard against her. I thought I could come back at 5-all but she broke me again and held serve.

"I'm happy I made it to the final again here though. It was a really good week for me."
from WTA website
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #2197
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Great news is that she mentioned her heels are still very OK. Another great news is that she does not have to play on Monday.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #2198
country flag hardball

hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Another great news is that she does not have to play on Monday.
this is good to hear. she needed a few days off. should be OK by Tuesday.
hardball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #2199
country flag kaiafan

kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold

No stream for her match tomorrow 3rd match on court no.4 .
kaiafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #2200
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish it could have been streamed but at least I should be able to watch the score.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #2201
country flag hardball

hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold

i have this feeling the match will not take place today, which may be good for kaia. the opponent's anxious to hit the court while kaia needs all the rest she can get.
Old May 28th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #2202
country flag chingching

It could be good for Kaia to get mroe rest but I don't want her to have to play too many matches in a row

Old May 28th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #2203
country flag kaiafan

kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold

She's not in the schedule now, hope it's just postponed to tomorrow

EDIT: Yeah , all the 4th matches of the day are postponed seemingly.
kaiafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #2204
country flag hardball

good. an extra day of recovery can do wonders vis-a-vis the entire tournament, not just the first match. kaia should not be bothered by the weather screwing w her schedule in light of very recent experience. all good.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old May 28th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #2205
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardball View Post
good. an extra day of recovery can do wonders vis-a-vis the entire tournament, not just the first match. kaia should not be bothered by the weather screwing w her schedule in light of very recent experience. all good.
One one hand I'd like to complain that they postponed her match as in the end there was enough time to start it at least. But then again you are right about the extra time for recovery
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote