Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!! - Page 136 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 06:19 PM   #2026
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Tomorrow last match on CC, another perfect time for me, and there will be stream
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 07:08 PM   #2027
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Kaia won 46 63 62

A good win, very hard fought match. Neither played greatly, but toughed it out

Next up Minella. They're the same age but never played each other. Should be easier on paper, but who knows..
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 07:10 PM   #2028
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Beat Anabel 46 63 62 This was too much for me to handle, I could not watch it after she got broken in the 2nd set
Minella next, this will be their first meeting
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 07:15 PM   #2029
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Good for Kaia! She had a 2-hour match today, but Minella had even a longer match. Interesting to see how it goes, I think Kaia will win

And what's with the news about Kaia being currently helped by Anett's former coach Märten Tamla?
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 07:23 PM   #2030
country flag Tennisfan06

They have been working together for a week now and Märten will be with Kaia until the end of June.
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 07:25 PM   #2031
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

I read from Õhtuleht that Tamla has a contract till the end of June, but he's not her coach. Interesting.
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 08:48 PM   #2032
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Newspapers finally picked up the news.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #2033
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

It seems the Estonian coaches are like a pool where they are selected
Seriously though, I think this is a good move
Thbere were doubts about Marten when he started with Anett and he has done a good job IMO so I am happy for him and Kaia
Wasn't she being coached by Alo?
And will she definitely stop with Marten at the end of June or will she maybe continue on?
It must be better for him to be able to coach someone who is higher up and he probably gets payed more regularly
How involved is Kaia's father BTW?

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 07:30 AM   #2034
country flag kaiafan

kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold

I was really hopeless when she got broken in the second set. But then she leveled her game up. I think she played really well in the third.Confidence is really creating big contrast in her game.

Her own words :

"I started well, I was leading 4:1 in the first set. Then she changed her game a bit and started to hit higher balls. I was a little confused for a moment. I tried to attack them but made many mistakes. My confidence disappeared.

The second set started very competitively. At one point in the second set, I do not know at the moment why it happened but I got the initiative. I felt better, I was more patient, hit some higher balls back and then she had to figure out what to do with them. In the deciding set I felt quite confident. I did not take many risks, I hit the ball back and attacked when I got the opportunity.

Märten Tamla will help me as tennis coach during this and couple of next tournaments. We'll see how the cooperation works out. He has been helping me at practice before, now we try, how it works out during tournaments. Märten come to court today as well and gave some good advice."
kaiafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #2035
country flag Tennisfan06

Lost to Minella
She now has to start defending all those big points, if she keeps up like that, she may drop out of top 150
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #2036
country flag WhoAmI?

Disappointing loss

She can at least use her protected ranking. Maybe it's wise to play some ITFs if things doesn't start going better
Winning a round at RG will already be good (in terms of rankingpoints).

EDIT: She seems to be disappointed herself
Quote:
My game fell apart today. In the first set I played quite well. In the second set I tired to vary the rythm more but my shots were too short. She attacked them and got initiative. I lost my rhythm, made mistakes and lost my confidence. Everything was vary higgledy-piggledy today. Tomorrow I will travel to Estoril where new tournament will start on Monday

I read some of the comments on her FB, can't believing those people losing bets

Last edited by WhoAmI? : Apr 25th, 2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #2037
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Disappointing. I was so sure she will win this easily
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #2038
country flag kaiafan

kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold

Kaia's quarter in Oeiras:

Cirstea vs Medina Garrigues
Kanepi vs Mladenovic
Robson vs Morita
U.Radwanska vs Cibulkova

Hope they put her match in a televised court, since she's the defending champion Meanwhile.. a really tough ask for her to defend the title.But we'll see
kaiafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #2039
country flag Tennisfan06

Hard to comment anything after the Marrakesh tournament where she could have had such an easy road to the final. When she is ON, she can easily go far here, but she is so unpredictable atm.

This is the first time Kaia is playing a WTA tournament where she is the defending champion.
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #2040
country flag WhoAmI?

It also could be said about Mladenovic that she's unpredictable.

If Kaia could play similar level she played in Katowice, that'd be better. In Marrakech neither of her matches were particularly great I think.