Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!! - Page 126 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 21st, 2012, 12:27 PM   #1876
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

could not catch the match because it's too early for me, how is she playing btw?
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 21st, 2012, 12:36 PM   #1877
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

She's been holding up on her end so well With success the expectations also rise (though I know it shouldn't yet) Good luck against Lepchenko!

Tokyo's draw is out too

[3]A.Radwanska v BYE
Wickmayer v Jankovic
(wc)Garcia v Q
Q v [15]Kanepi

Hopefully she'll get a day between last match in Seoul and first match in Tokyo.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 12:45 PM   #1878
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Couldn't have asked for a better draw for the first 2 rounds.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 02:27 PM   #1879
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Press conference

Q. Are you satisfied with your play today?
A. I am happy to win and to be in semis, I think it was quite a good match today, she also was playing very well, it was tough to win.

Q. You were very aggressive from the baseline, without net plays. Are you more of a baseliner, or did you tactically play this way today?
A. No, I usually like to play from the baseline, I don't like to volley that much, I think she was also a baseliner, so there were no net plays.

Q. In the second set, you lost 7 consecutive points, what did you do different to come back after that?
A. I didn't even recognize that I lost 7 points in a row. I just tried to play each point and I think I made few easy errors with my forehand in the second set, and I lost my game but I still felt that the set was not over and I thought I had chance every points.

Q. You are Estonia no.1 and making new records in WTA tour as an Estonian No.1. Do you have any pressure being the top player from Estonia?
A. Well, it was before when I was younger I felt pressure that everybody expected me to do well and they were hard, now I changed my thinking and I don't feel any pressure.

Q. How is the environment of tennis in Estonia?
A. Tennis is growing very fast in Estonia as a big sport, because me and few other girls are doing very well, now everybody wants to play suddenly.

Q. Your next opponent is lefty, you have not played yet before, what do you know about her and how will you play against her?
A. I was watching her match before my match little bit and she is lefty and she hits with a lot of topspin and she runs well so I think I have to be patient with my shots with my match tomorrow.

Q. You won two WTA titles in 2012 and you were out for 3 months because of an injury. How do you think 2012 season went for you?
A. It definitely had ups and downs, because of my injuries but also last year was the same, and even my whole career has been a little bit up and down, it is nothing new and I am used to it.

Q. You have very good ground strokes and serves. Do you think you are gifted with your shots or developed your shots by training hard?
A. Well until 16, I was playing different kind of tennis than I do now, I only played back and ran a lot, I was small and thin then suddenly I grew, I had to change my game plan. I think I am also gifted as well.

Q. In Roland Garros, you made to the quarters twice, do you like clay court the best?
A. Yes, because I grew up playing on clay courts, and slow courts, and as I told, my game was to play all the balls back and now if I play on clay, I still try to play a lot of balls back.

Q. What is important thing in your life outside of tennis?
A. People who are close to me are very important. My cars are very important.
I love driving.

Q. What kind of a car is it?
A. Evolution 10. Lancer Mitsubishi.

Q. You were down 4-2 in the second set, how did you come back and win the set 6-4?
A. I tried to play each point, as I said before I felt I had a chance winning the set if I just play, because I can break her. I was more disappointed when I play bad because I don't feel very well when I play bad.

Q. You have no personal coach, why is that?
A. Maybe I don't have good experience with coaches, I have changed a lot of coaches and it is very tough to find a good coach in Estonia because it is very small country and they don't know tennis, and to take a coach outside of Estonia is also difficult because you don't know them and you don't trust many people, it is hard to find someone very good as a coach.

Q. You are sponsored by Cruise Company. You were given cruise tickets as a gift, have you used them?
A. Yes it is a Cruise Company. They have a ship called superstar and I am the godmother of the ship. Ship came from Italy and they have a tradition that every ship has a godmother.

http://www.kdbkoreaopen.com/english/...Search_string=
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 04:16 PM   #1880
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Kaia easily into Seoul SF !

Looked still rusty. But that`s normal after the long absence. Her last tournament was French Open! Leftie Lepchenko next. She`s solid, that`s all. Kaia is the better player, everything depends on her. If Kaia plays well, she will win. Beat her, Kaia!

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 06:31 PM   #1881
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm glad to see Kaia has reach semis in Seoul. Wasn't expecting much from the tournament because she always plays quite bad after an injury time out.

Kaia is still a favorite also in her semis match against Lepchenko. Would be nice to see a final against Wozniacki. Then we could compare some standards.
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 07:56 PM   #1882
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't know Kaia is so fond of cars

Finally I can see the whole match tomorrow, it will be tough but Kaia has the plan and I believe she reaches the final
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 02:29 AM   #1883
country flag HawkAussie

HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of

Hoping that Kanepi goes through to the final.
HawkAussie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 08:11 AM   #1884
country flag WhoAmI?

defeated Lepcheko 64 26 64

Lots and lots of errors in this match. Kaia didn't play even near her best, and it felt like it was more about Lepchenko, but Kaia won the points that mattered the most

Meets Wozniacki in the final. It's probably too much for her probably at the moment to beat, I hope it'll be competitive.

Good luck!
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 08:22 AM   #1885
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

That was close. I felt that Varvara was playing better but fortunately she turned out to be a mental midget in the end But win is a win and she is in the final
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 08:27 AM   #1886
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

I was sleeping so wasn't watching it and I'm glad to be honest.

Match against Wozniacki will be good for her. Caro is playing good in Seoul so she can really have good target practice for the next important matches.
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 09:09 AM   #1887
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute

Great job So good to see her come back strong! Beating Caro would be an icing on the cake
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 09:32 AM   #1888
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Amazing comeback really - reaching the final after this long long injury break
No expectations for the final though, let's see how it all plays out in the end. She has already achieved so much here and gained 200 valuable points!
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 09:56 AM   #1889
country flag Tennisfan06

Soler-Espinosa in Tokyo R1, then Garcia/Hampton.
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 09:58 AM   #1890
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

She lost to Soler in Miami and also at the US Open last year.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote