Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!! - Page 103 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #1531
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

I think that she could make the third. Jankovic has been far from amazing on clay this year(except for fed cup where she always goats) and has had to shrug off an injury. Safarova the same. I would just love to see Kaia vs Maria. I mean, Kaia can hit as hard as Maria and it would be a bashers gallore. Or a shitfest
I dont think her draw is ridiculously hard, I mean at least she has beaten these players before.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #1532
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I think that she could make the third. Jankovic has been far from amazing on clay this year(except for fed cup where she always goats) and has had to shrug off an injury. Safarova the same. I would just love to see Kaia vs Maria. I mean, Kaia can hit as hard as Maria and it would be a bashers gallore. Or a shitfest
I dont think her draw is ridiculously hard, I mean at least she has beaten these players before.

I would love to see this match as well. It could be EPIC. either heavy ballbashing or UE-fest
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 07:38 AM   #1533
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

WTA highlights then from Estoril

http://www.estorilopen.net/Media/Vid...ighlights.aspx
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #1534
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Kaia beat #1 seed Vinci in straight sets!

Now win this MM title, Kaia!

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #1535
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

she won the final, although nowhere near Brisbane i think, and first round in Madrid could be a real test agianst Safarova
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #1536
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's the ugliest important match won, I've seen from her. Well, more importantly it's giving her a great chance to qualify to Sofia the IS YEC

Also with this win no one's putting pressure to win Madrid, or something along this lines.

Safarova has a big advantage, as she's already played a competitive match in Madrid (doubles). I'm not expecting much. Besides she's scheduled to play like each week till RG
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #1537
country flag kaiafan

kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold

I want to think she was on an off day and this was the only way to win.I can't even say a win is a win this time but at least she'll be qualified for Sofia most possibly.But it's nice to see her not giving up.Hope she has energy left to battle against Lucie too
kaiafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #1538
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Really happy for Kaia, no matter how ugly this game was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Safarova has a big advantage, as she's already played a competitive match in Madrid (doubles). I'm not expecting much. Besides she's scheduled to play like each week till RG
Yeah, I do not expect much from Madrid as well - Safarova is a lefty also, Kaia usually has problems with them. Also Kaia has now played 5 matches in a row and has to travel to Madrid (not that far but still) so I imagine she might be a bit tired by the time she gets on court in Madrid. And another thing - the clay there is supposedly different from Estoril, switching courts in only one day might not be that easy.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #1539
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

So glad she managed to win And she showed some fighting spirit, saving 2 MPs
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #1540
country flag kaiafan

kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold

kaiafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #1541
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Kaia

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #1542
country flag Kylger

Good job winning the title Kaia, even though this is one of the worst winning matches I've seen her play.
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #1543
country flag Kylger

Quote:
ESTORIL (Portugal): Kaia Kanepi claimed her second WTA trophy of the season after saving two match points in a 3-6, 7-6 (8/6), 6-4 victory over Spain's Carla Suarez Navarro in the final of the Estoril Open on Saturday.

The Estonian sixth seed became the third woman to win the clay event after saving match points. She lifted the title four months after winning Brisbane in early January.

"I fought for every point," said the 34th-ranked winner, aged 26. "This is a very special trophy for me. I don't have a coach right now - this is something that I did all on my own."

Kanepi, a former French Open junior champion who now has three WTA titles, looked to be going out as the unseeded Suarez Navarro went up a break in the second set after winning the first.

But four breaks of serve in the last five games of the second led to a tie-break, where the Spaniard was betrayed by nerves as she conceded a 4-2 lead in the decider.

Kanepi closed the gap and then lifted her level even further as she saved back-to-back match points.

One set point for the Estonian was enough to take it into a deciding set after nearly two hours of play.

Kanepi broke in the final game to conclude victory in two hours and 37 minutes with 20 winners and six breaks of serve, dropping to her knees on the clay after converting match point.

"It was just so special," said the player who missed nearly two months through injury from mid-January to mid-March. "I fought so hard, even when I was losing.

"I knew that it was not over until the last point and that's the way it went. I'm so happy to win."

Suarez Navarro, the world number 58, admitted she spurned her best chances because she tightened up.

"I had chances to win, but I got nervous," said the Spaniard. "Kaia played a smart match. I can only look ahead now to Madrid.

"I didn't play my best when I needed to. She wore me down, especially mentally."
from The Times of India
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #1544
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Kaia

She'll get to #26 after this
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #1545
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote