Israelis in Roland Garros - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 04:32 PM   #31
country flag Meteor Shower

Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute
Shahar def. Elena 6-4 7-5

Next up: Hingis who won 6-1 6-1
Looking at the statistics: 25 Winners to 8 UE
Shahar has about 2.5% chance to win this one but I hope she'll enjoy it.

******** Survivor
Meteor Shower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 06:24 PM   #32
country flag Makkabi

Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice
Look at this headline:

"Israeli soldier Peer aims to gun down Hingis" -AFP

I like it!

Long Life Israel!!!

STATE OF ISRAEL
Makkabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 06:43 PM   #33
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Wow. Just wow. Congratulations to Shahar. She really is having a great claycourt season. Hope she plays her best against Martina and that alone is enough, she doesn't have to beat Martina.
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 08:01 PM   #34
country flag Mitzi

Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute
The interview with Shahar after beating Dementieva:

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...351699181.html

Mitzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 08:24 PM   #35

Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Hingis will face Israeli teen Shahar Peer in the fourth round. While Peer has been terrific this year, winning three titles and out-muscling Elena Dementieva on Saturday, she'll be a decided underdog against Hingis, who rarely loses to inexperienced kids.

"I have expectations and hopes, but I've been saying that over and over," Hingis said. "Playing Peer, you have to put it in perspective. She's had a good tournament, good win. But still I'm higher ranked, so potentially I should have good chances out there."
how rude
Martina is right

******** Survivor
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 08:29 PM   #36
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP
how rude
Martina is right
I was just about to post it
shirgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 09:56 PM   #37

Hopefully all the matches in CHATRIER court will finish very quickly and the matches before Shahar will be long and then they will show Shahar's match on TV!

Anyway, the match will probably be shown in a swiss channel, we just need to find out which and if we can see it.

******** Survivor
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 10:01 PM   #38
~Carsten~
Foo Fighters

~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute
Wow im totally impressed by Shahar! What she did last weeks win in Istanbul and now in Roland Garros

WOW I hope she will beat Hingis!!
~Carsten~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 10:26 PM   #39

CMeyer welcome

Two rallies from Peer-Dementieva:

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/index.html
Highlights - Day 7

MP:
http://www.sport5.co.il/articles.asp...D=6864&lang=he
Click on Shahar's big picture to see it.

Shahar BH DTL

******** Survivor
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 04:51 AM   #40
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future
thanks for the video clips
great stuff from Shahar
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 07:10 AM   #41
country flag shirgan

a quote fro Dementieva about the match with Shahar:

"She really put a lot of pressure on me," Dementieva said after the match. "Even with the leads in the both sets, she never gave up. She was playing until the end. She has talent and she was playing really well today, very aggressive. I know she just won a tournament in Istanbul, so she got her confidence."
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 07:13 AM   #42
country flag shirgan

© Getty Images
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 08:10 AM   #43
country flag shirgan

According to Haaretz
"ESPN Israel" requested from ESPN headquarters in the U.S. to broadcast the Hingis-Peer match, but were replyed that they cannot accomodate every daughter-channel to broadcast the match of its choice.
But that the channel would make an effort to broadcast the match live.

That's such BS. They always broadcast different matches in different ESPN channels around the world!!!

The article in Haaretz (in hebrew):

http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/page...ubContrassID=0
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 08:15 AM   #44
country flag shirgan

And yet another quote from Dementieva:

"I wish I had a day off yesterday," said the Russian, who was forced to play on consecutive days after rain played havoc with the schedule.

"I was playing six hours on my day off and this is not fair, especially in a grand slam when you realize that every single match is so important and so difficult. I was playing three sets singles, three sets doubles. I didn't have enough time to recover."
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 09:02 AM   #45
country flag Nimrodg

Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirgan
"I was playing six hours on my day off and this is not fair, especially in a grand slam when you realize that every single match is so important and so difficult. I was playing three sets singles, three sets doubles. I didn't have enough time to recover."
That's sounds to me like:
"אוי אוי אוי, אני כזאת מסכנה ששיחקתי שש שעות, ואני לא יכולה לשחק יומיים ברצף, והמגרש היה גם עקום והייתה גם רוח בכיוון שלי"
Nimrodg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote