Israelis in Roland Garros - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 31st, 2006, 09:38 AM   #16
country flag Meteor Shower

Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks shirgan and Nimrod
Excelllllllllent

Shahar lookin' good

******** Survivor
Meteor Shower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2006, 10:10 AM   #17
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future
Some match reports from the GM:

Smashnova's match
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo
I am a big Kata fan, but when I came it was 5-1 for Kata and the quality was so poor I was almost going to cry. I stayed until midway through the second set and then could not take it anymore! Kata is so much better than what she showed.. She was just attacking without conviction and power. Smashnova was doing absolutely nothing with the ball other than putting a lot of topspin on and putting it in the court, waiting for Kata to make the mistake or to be outplayed. Very low level
And about Savransky:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo
I only saw her against Baltacha. She was very consistent, bringing everything back. Not a very adventurous player, but it paid off anyway. Good game plan against Bally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBoy
She doesnt play that well...but enough to reach the 3rd round She has no power but has good move and places well her balls!
shirgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 01:38 PM   #18
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future
[15] Eleni Daniilidou/A. Medina Garrigues (GRE/ESP) def. Virginie Razzano/Anna Smashnova (FRA/ISR)
Old May 31st, 2006, 07:00 PM   #19
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
^ They lost pretty comprehensively.

Shahar is in mixed doubles draw though.
Old May 31st, 2006, 07:43 PM   #20

Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute
Razzano/Anna
Shahar tomorrow against Pironkova
will be tough, but if Shahar doesn't win tomorrow I don't know when she'll ever win..

Revange #1 was on savchuk and I hope for a second one tomorrow

******** Survivor
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 01:35 PM   #21

Revange #2 successful
def. Pironkova 6-2 6-3. great stuff!

2 Aces, 5 DF
27 Winners, 20 UE

possible 3rd round vs. Dementieva! My dream match

******** Survivor
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 01:47 PM   #22
country flag shirgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP
Revange #2 successful
def. Pironkova 6-2 6-3. great stuff!

2 Aces, 5 DF
27 Winners, 20 UE

possible 3rd round vs. Dementieva! My dream match
Nice statistics
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 03:06 PM   #23
country flag Makkabi

Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice
Well Done Shahar

Long Life Israel!!!

STATE OF ISRAEL
Makkabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 04:56 PM   #24
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Well done Shahar, she really is riding on the momentum of her tournament win.
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 06:09 PM   #25
country flag Nimrodg

Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of Nimrodg has much to be proud of
There's some photos of Shahar at Gettyimages but i can't post them here
Nimrodg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 04:28 AM   #26
country flag shirgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrodg
There's some photos of Shahar at Gettyimages but i can't post them here
I think getty images asked this option to be blocked.
A while back I read somewhere in the wtaworld site that it was not allowed to post getty images.
The only getty image I was able to post here was one pic that was put in wtatour site, and therefore had a different link than most getty images
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 07:41 AM   #27
country flag shirgan

links to 2 articles about Shahar (which I already posted in the Shahar Peer 2006 thread):

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/...more_0602.html

and at the bottom of:

http://www.tsn.ca/tennis/news_story/...hubname=tennis

they really like this "going to the army" story don't they?
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 07:48 AM   #28
country flag shirgan

In doubles:
Marion Bartoli/Shahar Peer (FRA/ISR) def. [12] Emilie Loit/Nicole Pratt (FRA/AUS) 3-3 Ret.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 02:02 PM   #29
country flag shirgan

Shahar already in third round in doubles:
Marion Bartoli/Shahar Peer (FRA/ISR) def. Liga Dekmeijere/Patty Schnyder (LAT/SUI) 6-1 6-3
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 07:26 PM   #30

Yeah they do like the army story. You could tell when they did a 30 minutes show about her

Lost in the first round of mixed though.
Good luck against Dementieva tomorrow, court number 1.
Kadima!

P.S Thanks for the articles and pictures

******** Survivor