Travelling to Paris tomorrow-any last minute advice about the French Open? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 24th, 2006, 12:48 PM   #1
country flag dav abu

dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future
Travelling to Paris tomorrow-any last minute advice about the French Open?

I知 beginning my journey to the French Open in a few hours, going to stay in a friend痴 house by the airport tonight and flying out tomorrow. I知 heading over without tickets and am prepared to queue any ridiculous hours but any last minute advice would be great. Someone was saying to me that they heard if I head down to R.G Friday and Saturday to the end of the qualifying there might still be a chance to get tickets-is this true? I知 packing at the moment and getting excited, who else from here is going ?
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2006, 01:35 PM   #2
vogus

vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav abu
I知 beginning my journey to the French Open in a few hours, going to stay in a friend痴 house by the airport tonight and flying out tomorrow. I知 heading over without tickets and am prepared to queue any ridiculous hours but any last minute advice would be great. Someone was saying to me that they heard if I head down to R.G Friday and Saturday to the end of the qualifying there might still be a chance to get tickets-is this true? I知 packing at the moment and getting excited, who else from here is going ?

you are in for a nasty surprise if you havent got tickets. It's almost impossible to buy tickets from the box office. You can wait in line for hours only to be told that there are no tickets left and you wasted your time. If you have to buy from the scalpers, they are charging 70-80 E's per day even for grounds passes. Good luck.
vogus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 02:56 PM   #3
country flag dav abu

dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future
who would have thought it would be far easier to get into Wimbledon than into the French?
Old May 24th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #4
country flag controlfreak
Team WTAworld

controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute
Try not to speak to any French people - apparentl they are the rudest people in the world (and they smell of garlic too)
controlfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 03:51 PM   #5
country flag dav abu

I have to say I have a soft spot for the French (even if they do smell of garlic!)
Old May 24th, 2006, 04:49 PM   #6
vogus

vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav abu
who would have thought it would be far easier to get into Wimbledon than into the French?

Wimby is far easier, if you havent got tickets you just go at 8am and stand in line for maybe 90 minutes, and you are in. There is no such system in Paris.
vogus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:15 PM   #7
country flag No.1Hingis

No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold
Ey! Just good luck.. I really hope you can get ticket.. Keep your faith.. thats the last you most lose.. Nice trip!!!
No.1Hingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:23 PM   #8
country flag azinna

azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute
Gone to RG twice before without tickets (2001 and 2003). You have to go to the scalpers. Went during 1st week. Got choice seets in the stadiums. Not sure what they're charging nowadays, but I was patient, waited until the 1st ball was already struck, and received a 5-10 Euro mark-up from the original price. Will be trying to do the same come next week. Hope vogus is exaggerating at least a little.

Always on the lookout for a great tennis match.
azinna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:30 PM   #9
country flag dav abu

I've been given different news by different people-some say go down there, queue and for a more expensive ticket you'll get a court but others say not a hope. To be honest a ground pass would do me, with Lindsay not playing I'm not mad to get into the main courts. Just a walk around the grounds, watch the players train and see a bit of tennis on the outside courts would do me. I'm going to chance it and feck it if I don't get in I'll travel around Paris-its win, win really!
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:41 PM   #10
country flag nhissan

nhissan has much to be proud of nhissan has much to be proud of nhissan has much to be proud of nhissan has much to be proud of nhissan has much to be proud of nhissan has much to be proud of nhissan has much to be proud of nhissan has much to be proud of nhissan has much to be proud of nhissan has much to be proud of nhissan has much to be proud of
hello dav abu

I think you can have tickets but not for the big court only for the small court but you have to go there around 8.30 am cause they are selling tickets for small court everyday it depends on the frequentation
also around 5 pm the staff check if there is a lot a spectators in the big court and if many of have have left they are reselling ticket for a fair price so you can watch the big match until the end of the day (I have seen Vee against Sesil last year thanks to that)
nhissan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 06:52 PM   #11
country flag dav abu

thanks to everyone for your advice. My bags are packed and I'm heading to the train now, fingers crossed I'll get into R.G. I'm sure I will find an internet cafe in Paris and I will log in and let ye know how I'm getting on. I hope anyone else here who is going to the French Open has a great time. Later people
Old May 26th, 2006, 10:44 PM   #12
country flag dav abu

went to Roland Garros today to the qualifying and really enjoyed my day even though I was hoping that Oprandi would win. Watched Schiavone and Patty train and got their autographs, Justine walked right by me but she was talking on the phone so no autograph. Also got the autographs of Gaudio, Nalbandian and Stepanek (this is imature of me but I hope he has a great personality) Though Lenglen was off limits a few of us chanced it and before security copped on I got a look at the stadium-its beautiful. Went down to the official ticket offices and spoke to the man there he said if I get there early tomorrow (definitely before 10) I have a chance. There is no guarantee but I'm going to get up at 7 and give myself every chance.