The Tamarine Tanasugarn official chat thread!!! - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 18th, 2006, 05:24 PM   #136
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute
Nice job Tammy!
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 18th, 2006, 09:36 PM   #137
country flag Nicky2002

Nicky2002 is a splendid one to behold Nicky2002 is a splendid one to behold Nicky2002 is a splendid one to behold Nicky2002 is a splendid one to behold Nicky2002 is a splendid one to behold Nicky2002 is a splendid one to behold Nicky2002 is a splendid one to behold Nicky2002 is a splendid one to behold Nicky2002 is a splendid one to behold Nicky2002 is a splendid one to behold Nicky2002 is a splendid one to behold
c'mon tammy...let win more matches here

N. Lertcheewakarn, N. Lertpitaksinchai, S. Arvidsson, J. Larsson, N. Luangnam, N. Wannasuk,
A. Molik, K. Clijsters, S. Stosur, J. Jankovic, C. Dellacqua, K. Date-Krumm,

M. Seles, M. Hingis, L. Davenport, A. Mauresmo, A. Huber, A. Sugiyama, B. Schett, N. Pratt, E. Dominickovic.
Nicky2002 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 02:28 AM   #138
country flag Nicky_608

Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of
Sunfeast Open: Tamarine upsets sixth seed Kanepi

Kolkata, Sep 18: Tamarine Tanasugarn of Thailand caused the first major upset of the Sunfeast Open by ousting sixth seed Kaia Kanepi of Estonia in a marathon battle Monday.

Unseeded Tamarine, ranked 124th in the world, registered a 6-7 (10-12), 7-5, 6-0 win in three hours and two minutes over the much taller world No. 72 at the Centre Court of the Netaji Indoor Stadium.

In the other match held simultaneously on Court No. 1, Israel's Tzipora Obziler marched into the second round by brushing aside Yulia Beygelzimer of Ukraine 6-2, 6-3.

Tamarine used all her resources and saved as many as six match points in the second set to create the upset.

Tamarine's win will pit her against the winner of the match between Abigail Spears of the US and Uzbekistan 's Akgul Amanmuradova in Round II.

The 29-year-old had an identical singles' win-loss record (20-20) going into this match and had not met Kanepi before.

Both players started on a clumsy note, with the tennis never reaching the heights it should when a former world No. 19 -- Tamarine reached her career-high on May 13, 2002 -- and a Grand Slam third rounder -- Kanepi made it to the third round of this year's US Open - are playing.

It was a bit of a struggle out in the middle in the first set with Kanepi and Tamarine trading breaks from the first game. The battle was restricted to the baseline though, with both showing a marked reluctance to come up to the net.

In the fourth game of the first set, Tamarine was down three break points. With perseverance typical of the unassuming Thai, she saved each of them, eventually holding to draw level at 2-2.

At the other end of the spectrum, failure to finish off the advantage ultimately proved to be the Estonian's bane.

The world No. 72, who was relying mainly on her big serves to move out of trouble, broke back down 5-6 to set up a scintillating tiebreak that seemed to carry on for ages.

Her big serve came handy again - she sent down five aces to Tamarine's nought in first set -- as she clinched the tiebreak 12-10. The first set lasted one hour and 14 minutes.

Kanepi, who reached the semifinals in the first edition of this championship last year, looked the favourite at this stage.

Breaking Tamarine in the ninth game of the second set to go up 5-4, the Estonian, who turned pro in 2000, looked set to finish off the match. It was here that the wheel of fortune turned.

An astonishing comeback from Tamarine, who has a lone singles and five doubles Women's Tennis Association titles to her credit, saw her save six match points in the crucial 10th game that ran into deuce nine times.

After the match the Estonian said: "I was very confused in the first set. I was also nervous. The pressure of doing well last time was obviously there. The pull in the thigh muscle did not help the cause either."

Even Tamarine's future would look good if it unfolds according to the script.

"I am taking one match at a time, not setting too high goals for myself. I am hoping to break (back) into the top 100 by year end," the 29-year-old veteran said.

In the other match, Obziler had a cakewalk against Yulia.

She went four-love ahead in the first set before Yuliana Beyglzimer won back two in a row.

However, Obziler stemmed the rot by breaking her back in the seventh game and then sealing the set on her serve.

In the second set, Yulia went three love ahead, before Obziler restored parity and went on to finish the match winning six games in a row.

Obziler's amazing array of ground strokes and the fitness, obviously earned from her cadet days, showed.

--- IANS
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 02:51 AM   #139
country flag Kurama

Kurama is a name known to all Kurama is a name known to all Kurama is a name known to all Kurama is a name known to all Kurama is a name known to all Kurama is a name known to all Kurama is a name known to all Kurama is a name known to all Kurama is a name known to all Kurama is a name known to all Kurama is a name known to all
Good Luck Tam
Welcome in Top 100 soon
Kurama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 02:46 PM   #140
country flag Vut
Team WTAworld

Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute
6 match points!
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 10:15 AM   #141
country flag Nicky_608

Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of
Second Round
Tamarine Tanasugarn (THA) d. Abigail Spears (USA) 26 64 62
well done Tammy
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #142
country flag Vut
Team WTAworld

Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute
wow!!!! tammy keep going girls!!!
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 02:17 PM   #143
country flag martin white

martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of
well done tammy! great to see her winning some matches again! i met and spoke to tammy at a 25k in south australia last year,she was happy to sign an autograph and was so nice!keep going tammy!i thought with her results and ranking she might retire
martin white is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 02:17 PM   #144
country flag Vut
Team WTAworld

this match make her ranking up to somewhere around 104~105 from 125 so if she win the next match which should against Hingis, she will back into top100.
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 04:20 PM   #145
country flag Nicky_608

Tamarine 'spears' through Abigail

Kolkata, Sept 20: Unfazed by a coup back home, Thai girl Tamarine Tanasugarn continued her good work to book a quarterfinal berth at the USD 175,000 WTA Sunfeast Open here today.

Tansugarn got past American Abigail Spears 2-6 6-3 6-2 after a two-hour battle to march into the last eight where she will take on either top seed Martina Hingis or Israel's Tzipora Obziler who play later in the evening.

Spears, who got a special exemption for the tournament, took the opening set by breaking the 29-year-old Tanasugarn in the second, sixth and eighth games.

The Thai, who began the set in the style, demolishing spears in the very first game, failed to keep up the momentum and surrendered the first set in 29 minutes.

However, in a virtual replay of her outing against sixth seeded Estonian Kaia Kanepi yesterday, Tanasugarn upped the ante in the second set and opened up a 2-0 lead after breaking spears in the first game.

Spears fought back and snatched Tanasugarn's serve in the fourth game, but the Asian - who has a career high world ranking of 19 - took the next three games to got ahead 5-3.

Though Spears broke Tanasugarn in the eighth game, the Thai broke back in the ninth to pocket the set.

The third set was completely one-sided as the higher ranked Thai girl broke her rival in the sixth and eight game to seal the fate of the match.

In the post-match media meet, Tanasugarn said that she called home last night and found that "things were peaceful."

"I think every country has its own share of problems. But I thought instead of worrying, I would rather concentrate on the match," she said.

Upbeat after her win, the world's 124th ranked player said "I have a feeling that I play my best tennis in India."

On her possible clash against Hingis, she said: "I have to play a doubles match later in the day. And I am concentrating on that. I take one match at a time."

Bureau Report
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 05:38 PM   #146
country flag Vut
Team WTAworld

Quote:
"I have a feeling that I play my best tennis in India."
I think its not only for Tammy but our Thai players likes Srichaphan, Udomchoke, Twins, Viraprasert, Tangphong or else always play their best tennis in India.
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 05:17 PM   #147
country flag Nicky_608

Tammy lost to Hingis 5-7 2-6
Tammy lead 5-3 in first set
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 07:32 PM   #148
country flag TiK-Tee

TiK-Tee has a brilliant future TiK-Tee has a brilliant future TiK-Tee has a brilliant future TiK-Tee has a brilliant future TiK-Tee has a brilliant future TiK-Tee has a brilliant future TiK-Tee has a brilliant future TiK-Tee has a brilliant future TiK-Tee has a brilliant future TiK-Tee has a brilliant future TiK-Tee has a brilliant future
Tammy

H I N G I S
MYSKINAkirilenkoKOURNIKOVAkrasnoroutskay
DEMENTIEVA AFR
"I thought I played well ,I just finished at the wrong time!"
*-*Purser aboard SS Dementieva*-*
Lena Marmalade
TiK-Tee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 10:09 AM   #149
country flag Vut
Team WTAworld

good week for Tammy so i hope she will continues with this performance!

next week her ranking will up to somewhere around 104.
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 12:45 PM   #150
country flag Vut
Team WTAworld

hey guys! Tammy is back to Thailand so it's mean she withdraw from Seoul.