a Martina's funny quote after her win against Venus - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 21st, 2006, 11:12 PM   #1
country flag lolo21

lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold
a Martina's funny quote after her win against Venus

Quote:
Q. Nervous, frustrated, embarrassed? What was the different --

MARTINA HINGIS: Well, that's quite a vocabulary you put there on me (laughing).
At least I won the last point. That's what the match is about, right? That's tennis. It's a good thing that it's not lost if you lose 6-Love in the first set. And I was still fresh. That was the upside of it. I wasn't even tired by losing 6-Love. So I knew, "Okay, now two more sets to go," and it's not like three more to go (laughing).
But it's just really -- I don't play as loose or as free maybe. Hopefully, next time I play her. There's probably only two or three other players where I feel like that. Playing Lindsay at Indian Wells, or maybe her sister, or Jennifer. These are the only two or three other players where I feel like that. But the rest, it's just like, I don't know, it's new, it's refreshing, even for me. A lot of players I haven't even faced before. And maybe playing Justine and Amelie, it's also different than those three players.
I don't know. You have an explanation for that? I'm not a psychologist. I don't know why my brain functions like that. What do you think? I really don't know (laughing).
man ,she is really a funny girl!

the more it goes and the more i like her!

Last edited by lolo21 : May 21st, 2006 at 11:18 PM.
lolo21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2006, 12:39 AM   #2
country flag louisa2k2

louisa2k2 is a splendid one to behold louisa2k2 is a splendid one to behold louisa2k2 is a splendid one to behold louisa2k2 is a splendid one to behold louisa2k2 is a splendid one to behold louisa2k2 is a splendid one to behold louisa2k2 is a splendid one to behold louisa2k2 is a splendid one to behold louisa2k2 is a splendid one to behold louisa2k2 is a splendid one to behold louisa2k2 is a splendid one to behold
thats marti she is funny

МАРТИНА ХИНГИС
louisa2k2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 12:44 AM   #3
Brandon85

Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light
i don't get it! lol

Undisputed World Number 1!

2008 Titles:

Sydney, Antwerp
Brandon85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:25 AM   #4
country flag bis2806

bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't really understand what she was trying to say....
bis2806 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:31 AM   #5
country flag Zauber

Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of
dont ask me this stupid question, for which there is no answer, that is what she is saying.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 07:20 AM   #6
country flag Maryamator

Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute
HAHA SHES SO FUNNY
Maryamator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 07:26 AM   #7
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute
isnt she saying that she has some slight mental block playing against these players...comparing when shes playing other players...
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 09:28 AM   #8
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a brilliant future Taz Warrior has a brilliant future Taz Warrior has a brilliant future Taz Warrior has a brilliant future Taz Warrior has a brilliant future Taz Warrior has a brilliant future Taz Warrior has a brilliant future Taz Warrior has a brilliant future Taz Warrior has a brilliant future Taz Warrior has a brilliant future Taz Warrior has a brilliant future
No, I think she's saying that it feels/ would feel like old times playing against the Williams', Davenport and Capriati but against other players it's new and different as she hasn't played them before or in the case of Mauresmo, Clijsters and Henin it's not the same as when she played them before she retired as their games have moved up a level or two since then.
Taz Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:39 AM   #9
country flag watrat

watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all
I don't get it also. But hey, I too am not a psychologist.
3.Elena Dementieva
4.Kim Clijsters
5.Ana Ivanovic
6.Anastasia Miskina
7.Patty Schnyder
8.Katarina Srebotnik
9.Andreja Klepac
10.Masa Zec-Peskiric
watrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:44 AM   #10
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sala_ryan
isnt she saying that she has some slight mental block playing against these players...comparing when shes playing other players...
thats how I am interpreting it too
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:40 AM   #11
country flag lolo21

lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sala_ryan
Yeah she probably meant that.
Before she retired,the WS,Lindsay and Jennifer used to be her black beasts.
Of course the likes of Amelie,Justine,Kim and Monica have sometimes troubled Martina before she retired but not really as much as the four she mentionned

Last edited by lolo21 : May 22nd, 2006 at 11:58 AM.
lolo21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote