Dokic, Monica, not smart - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 24th, 2002, 12:21 AM   #1
country flag CanadianBoy21

CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Dokic, Monica, not smart

Actually, they are close to brainless.
I don't care about Dokic, but Monica is worrying me since she is my top five fave(Venus, Serena, Kim, Alexandra, & then Monica),
but her scheduling is AWFUL, she has been playing tennis for more then a decade, proffesional tennis that is! She should know better. Who schedules a tourny a week before a GRAND SLAM? I know she wants to get badly on top, but wouldn't it make more sense if she got further in the slam? To achieve this she would have to rest before the Grand Slam, because she loses in the slams because of tiredness, her groundies go out more then not when she is tired! Okay, I know some of you are going to say, 'Well she needs match practice'...she has won French Open before, she knows how to play on the stuff. You know what happened at Us Open 4th round last year right? Monica lost because she overplayed the weeks before Us Open.
And this is clay, your body gets tired from long rallys. & Dokic, what is she doing playing 30 tournies? Her dad is stupid, if he loved her, he could say, 'Jelena, sweetie, you don't wanna be a BURN OUT by 24!!!!!'...
Monica keeps saying how she messed up her schedule in the near past, but she just keeps doing the same. Venus pulled out of Italian Open to be ready as best she could for French., also some other players are taking it easy on there bodys.
WHAT IS MONICA THINKING!?!?!!!!!
One time she is gonna injure herself and have to pull out of other big tournies, & that will hurt her rankig, but most of all, it will hurt her physically! She needs to smarten up, and so does Jelena.
CanadianBoy21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2002, 12:27 AM   #2
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of
monica is playing this week b/c she hasn't played a tournament on clay yet. b/c she pulled out of rome last week and doesn't play hamburg or berlin (they're in germany), she hasn't gotten clay experience. and no one who IS smart goes into RG w/o clay preparation. so, in reality, monica is very smart to play this week.
Lindsay Davenport - Anna Smashnova - Lisa Raymond - Sandrine Testud - Paola Suarez - Amelie Mauresmo - Virginia Ruano-Pascual - Nadia Petrova - Chanda Rubin - Cara Black - Tathiana Garbin - Anne Kremer - Monica Seles - Fabiola Zuluaga - Maria Sanchez-Lorenzo - Amanda Coetzer - Rita Grande - Meghann Shaughnessy - Magui Serna - Nathalie Dechy - Kim Clijsters - Elena Tatarkova - Maria Sharapova - Alicia Molik - Julia Vakulenko - Elena Likhovtseva - Anastasia Myskina - Emilie Loit
Mikey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2002, 12:27 AM   #3
evadafan

evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice
But Monica played several tournies (4?) right before the US Open, not just one.

evadafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2002, 12:28 AM   #4
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
Who? Venus Williams for one. Pilot Pen, pretty much every year.
disposablehero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2002, 12:29 AM   #5
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
Jennifer Capriati for another, Sydney for the past two years.
Old May 24th, 2002, 12:31 AM   #6
disposablehero

Lindsay Davenport for another, Pilot Pen in 98 and Sydney in 2000.
Old May 24th, 2002, 12:31 AM   #7
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Jelena is a psycho. I was like that when I was 18 too.

Monica needs the points. Look it up. Monica is looking her best chance to regain the #1 ranking inyears. If she can take a GS, and the other two split, she could end the year #1. She cold certainly REACH #1 for a week or two if she wins RG. But she has to have points. Remember, she pulled out of her American clay event. She doesn't play in Germany. Clay is about over for the year. And if she's to win RG, Monica needed some match play.

Monica can handle 3 weeks of tennis in a row. One does hope se's healthy.
Old May 24th, 2002, 12:31 AM   #8
disposablehero

Mary Pierce for another, Madrid in 2000.
Old May 24th, 2002, 12:33 AM   #9
country flag Jarrett
Don't mess with Texas!

Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of
I think Monica playing Madrid is great! As long as the final is played on Saturday (and of course Monica is in it) and not Sunday. I feel bad for Jelena because she will have to play two matches tomorrow and usually doesn't cope with that too well.
"Gee, Quinn... I hope that little foray of yours into Geekland just now is the result of heat exhaustion, and not an unpleasant side effect of all that tutoring. I mean, you're not turning into a brain, are you?" -- Sandi

Jarrett is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2002, 12:33 AM   #10
disposablehero

Martina Hingis for another, Sydney in 97, 98, and 99.
Old May 24th, 2002, 12:34 AM   #11
disposablehero

Jana Novotna for another, Eastbourne in 98.
Old May 24th, 2002, 12:47 AM   #12
disposablehero

BTW, Venus said she pulled out of the Italian Open because she injured her wrist a couple hours before match time. Are you calling her a liar?
Old May 24th, 2002, 12:51 AM   #13
country flag Justin

Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future
Seles did not play the week before the US Open last year.

Davenport usually plays the tournament before all 4 grand slams. (Sydney, Madrid, Eastbourne, New Haven). It doesn't seem to hurt her.

Almost everyne plays Sydney... and many top players play the 'shertengobasch (Sp?) or New Haven. It's a matter of taste. If Seles overplayed this clay season, I would agree with you.. but she played 4 clay matches this year... none on red clay and only two WTA matches on clay. She needs the work...and the competition is not stiff, frankly. She should be OK.
Shino Tsurubuchi
"Men's tennis and women's tennis are almost two separate sports. If I was to play Andy Murray I would
lose 6-0, 6-0 in five to six minutes, maybe 10 minutes." -- Serena Williams
Justin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2002, 12:57 AM   #14
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute
Well Monica is doing the right thing. She got a stomach virus during the clay season, plus she doesn't play in Germany, so it's not like she overplayed the clay season. Madrid gives her a good chance to get match practice. Remember at the slams you have every other day off.

When Monica came back from injury last summer she beat everyone almost

As for Jelena, she does need a rest. I don't think it's the tournaments she's playing. I think she's not letting her body rest from some of her injuries, and thus she's making them worse. She's lost a lot of matches this season by having to withdraw.

Couver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2002, 01:05 AM   #15
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation
I don't have a problem with Monica , but one has to wonder what's going through Jelena's head. What exactly is the kid trying to accomplish???
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote