Shahar winning Prague - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 14th, 2006, 04:28 PM   #1
country flag Meteor Shower

Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute
Shahar winning Prague

Pictures,Articles and videos here!

******** Survivor
Meteor Shower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2006, 04:33 PM   #2
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future
I like this one
shirgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 04:36 PM   #3
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future
And this one is funny

Old May 14th, 2006, 04:37 PM   #4

Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute
Oded Yaakov, Shahar's coach: "It was a great final from Shahar. She fought hard, as usual, and got the great win that shows once again the character this girl has. In the first set Stosur opened very well with lots of winners and served well. Shahar couldn't read the game at first, it took a while, but after she did that and shrugged off the nerves, she played like she know. Shahar's first serve work very good this time in 3-2 second set there was a long game that Shahar took and it gave her a big confidence for later on"

******** Survivor
Old May 14th, 2006, 04:38 PM   #5

Yeah I like those too plus this one:

!

******** Survivor
Old May 14th, 2006, 04:39 PM   #6
country flag shirgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP
Oded Yaakov, Shahar's coach: "It was a great final from Shahar. She fought hard, as usual, and got the great win that shows once again the character this girl has. In the first set Stosur opened very well with lots of winners and served well. Shahar couldn't read the game at first, it took a while, but after she did that and shrugged off the nerves, she played like she know. Shahar's first serve work very good this time in 3-2 second set there was a long game that Shahar took and it gave her a big confidence for later on"
you should put it in the prague forum as well
Old May 14th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #7

edit: my 3000th post
I dedicate it to Shahar Peer win in Prague

******** Survivor

Last edited by ASAP : May 14th, 2006 at 04:52 PM.
Old May 14th, 2006, 04:44 PM   #8
country flag shirgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP
I have no idea where to put it you can put it there for me
I don't know
I would put it in the the OOP and scores thread
Old May 14th, 2006, 05:09 PM   #9
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Congratulations Shahar! Things going well.
Old May 14th, 2006, 05:35 PM   #10
country flag Makkabi

Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice
Mazal Tov Shahar!!!

Long Life Israel!!!

STATE OF ISRAEL
Makkabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 09:56 PM   #11

Peer's Prague Sweep

PRAGUE, Czech Republic - After going down a set to Australia's Samantha Stosur in her first clay court final, things weren't looking too encouraging for Shahar Peer. But the Israeli teenager found another gear while staring down defeat, dominating play in the second and third sets and eventually capturing her second career Sony Ericsson WTA Tour singles title at the ECM Prague Open 2006 by Ceska sporitelna with a hard-fought 46 62 61 championship victory.

The No.3-seeded Peer, left as the tournament favorite early on in the week after top two seeds Marion Bartoli and Lucie Safarova were both eliminated in their respective opening rounds, had never before advanced beyond the quarterfinals at a Tour clay court event. But she capitalized on her first championship opportunity on the dirt with the three set win over Stosur, the No.5 seed this week, who was also featuring in her career-first clay court final.

"It is my second final and second title, it was great week and I'm happy for that," said Peer, who won her first Tour singles title earlier this season at another Tier IV event, on the hard courts of Pattaya City. "In the second set I started to play more agressive, tried to win the first few points and not to let her move me around. My brother and sister are here, also my coach, so I'm really happy."

"I started really well the first set, but she definitely picked up her game, made me run, played to my backhand and started to be very agressive afterwards," said Stosur, who was appearing in her third Tour singles final, having recorded back-to-back runner-up finishes last January at Gold Coast and Sydney. "But I'm very pleased with the whole week, it's a lovely tournament and Prague is beautiful, I really love the city and hope to come back.

Peer and Stosur were playing for the second time, with the Israeli teen also winning 61 63 on the green clay courts of Amelia Island last spring. Ranked outside the Top 100 at the time, Peer went on to lose in the next round of that tournament to Anastasia Myskina in three sets. Stosur, who is currently the world's No.1 doubles player (but not entered this past week in Prague), went on to win the doubles title with compatriot Bryanne Stewart.

In the rain-delayed doubles final, the No.2-seeded tandem of Peer and Bartoli beat unseeded Americans Ashley Harkleroad and Bethanie Mattek, 64 64. It was the first career Tour doubles title for Peer and the third for Bartoli.

There were several notable results earlier in the week at Prague, the most prominent of which being the return to the Czech Republic for tennis legend Martina Navratilova, who hadn't played professionally in her original home land for 20 years until this week. Partnering with young Czech player Barbora Strycova, she lost early on in the doubles draw to Harkleroad and Mattek. Also of note were the early singles departures of Bartoli and Safarova, the Frenchwoman falling to Kaia Kanepi (who would go on to reach the semis) and the Czech losing to Slovak wild card Magdalena Rybarikova, who reached the quarters in her first Tour singles main draw.

Peer stole the show in Prague, however. The 19-year-old Israeli became just the second player this year to sweep singles and doubles titles at the same Tour event, after Anna-Lena Groenefeld achieved the same feat at Acapulco.

******** Survivor
Old May 15th, 2006, 10:50 AM   #12

Shahar all over the Israeli sports news:
http://www.nrg.co.il/online/3/ART1/422/113.html
http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3251012,00.html
http://www.one.co.il/cat/articles/ar...id=76454&bz=12

******** Survivor
Old May 15th, 2006, 04:19 PM   #13

Shahar and Marion winning the doubles

******** Survivor
Old May 15th, 2006, 05:16 PM   #14
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Clean sweep for Shahar.
Old May 16th, 2006, 08:42 AM   #15
country flag shirgan

Jerusalem post

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Shahar Pe'er is slated to return to action Tuesday, two days after registering her most successful day as a pro. Pe'er swept the singles and doubles titles at the Prague Open on Sunday, which saw her climb to career-best rankings on Monday.

Pe'er moved up three spots to 32 in singles and went from 58 to 49 in doubles.

In Rome, she is scheduled to face Vera Zvonareva (67) in the first round.

The event will be among the last Pe'er plays with coach Dedi Jacob at her side. In a statement he sent out via e-mail Monday morning, Jacob announced that the upcoming French Open will be his last tournament as Pe'er's coach.

"During the last six years, I've headed the staff that has been responsible to build, train, accompany and develop Shahar's career, which has accomplished so much as a junior... and in professional tennis," he wrote.

"I'm proud of what I've accomplished with Shahar, especially the fact that we've managed in a relatively short period of time to get over a big hurdle and turn her from a strong junior player into a legitimate pro among the best in the world."

Jacob explained the reason by adding "Shahar and her family have decided that she needs [a coach] with her every day of the year everywhere in the world, and unfortunately I cannot [do so]."