My German Open 06 (Pictures + Reports) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 6th, 2006, 06:35 PM   #1
country flag Paule22

Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute
My German Open 06 (Pictures + Reports)

Maybe some people remember last years thread (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=5361139), and as I think many liked it, I will do the same thread again this year.

Not as for other tourney, I wont edit my pics, just resize them and put them into a gallery, maybe in a while I will edit them for me and can post them again, but its too much work otherwise in the evening.

So lets start with today, Q-Saturday 06.05.2006.

I wanted to buy a ticket for the whole week, but that wasnt possible, because they only sell very idiotic seeds as all day-week tickets. So I bought just a normal ticket, that will me cost 30 Euros more this week, but I will always have a nice seat.

I started out with the match Siegemund-Gajdosova, as you know maybe I'm a big fan of german tennis, so this was a must for me. I never saw Siegemund before and have to say, she had some impressive forehand winners, but made too much errors. But I was surprised that Jarmilia was not able to win that match more easily, I mean she has the shots, as she showed, but sometime I thought, whats she doing, by hitting so many errors. The qatarian umpire was pretty funny, when at the end of first set he did not recognize two points from Gajdosova and she herself and her coach started to ask, why the set is not over and won. The umpire seemed to be fallen asleep. Pretty funny. Jarmilias coach just said: "Welcome to the match".

But Jarmilia had the match under control and made the decisive breaks, when she was leading 5-4. I met Tatjana Malek, Andrea Petkovic and Rittner, but just said hi - after a short time Pascal from insidetennis or pascalre approached me, and we spent a very nice day together, watching the matches.

I did not really know what to do afterwards, so I showed Pascal a bit around and watched the first set of Meng Yuan vs. Bachmann, which ended in Tie-Break, where Angelika really fighted and had some setpoints against her, but won it then, with some great shots. I left afterwards to follow draws ceremonation. But after I left, the normal happend to Bachmann, she lost.

Ok, the draw ceremonation. First I was really shocked, by the state how Anna-Lena looks. She is soo thin, I can not believe it. I saw her last time last year in Croatia at Fed Cup and she was already quite thin, but now
So I found it really unorganized. Miss Orlandi from WTA Tour just was holding seeded players on little sheets in her hand and Anna-Lena was pulling them out of her hand. She really decided the place of the seeds, if she would have wanted too...The players besides the seeded ones were pulled out of a bowl by spectators while some guy was doing an interview with rittner and nobody was really interested what will happen to the draw. Quite unprofessional.

Then I was still not really sure, what match to watch, I was just waiting for Malek and Petkovic. So I joined in the mystery of Angelika Rösch. I was just awful. I mean, I dont understand why they are still handing out wildcards to her every year. Pironkova did not really impress me, she was hiting a lor of unforcede errors, her volleys were crap in a way and so Rösch even managed to get a few points, but that did not help her at all against an average Pironkova.

After that I joined Pascal again and we watched only a few games of Vesnina vs. Nagy together, because the Malek match was up to start.

Tatjana, you know she is my favourite player, I wished her Good Luck before the match and then it went a bad way. She played really awful, she was so often too far behind the baseline, so she couldnt put any power in her strokes. She made so many shots, how do you call it, with her racketframe, so the balls went outside the court quite often. Her serve was ok, without power of course, but at least she brought them in. But with that awful game style she hadnt got a glimpse of a chance against Pous Tio, which played a very routined match, just made a few errors and so Tadde lost quite quick and easily.

Last Match was Petkovic vs. Bondarenko. When I came it was 1-6 and 0-3 and I was really sad, but then it turned a completely other way. Andrea began to play consistent and Bondarenko started to make mistake after mistake. Every second ball was out or in the net. I think it was quite a good match by Petkovic after she played in 2006 only Antalya beforehand. She has a power game, a really good serve, which produced some aces. I was really happy and again I thought, she plays the better way then Tatjana. Tatjana maybe has the brain, but Andrea has the game. There was one guy, supposedly Andys boyfriend, but you never know. He went out with his mobile, during the match. I dont like him. After the match Andrea said: "I did not expect that at all to win the match, who is my next opponent?"...

That was it, I really liked it today. Its still my favourite tourney. The atmosphere was cool. I have seen Vera Zvonareva and Ai. Dinara was also there.

See you tomorrow and now, watch the pics

Pics at: http://www.akstra.de/germanopen/samstag060506

Last edited by Paule22 : May 6th, 2006 at 08:25 PM.
Paule22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2006, 06:37 PM   #2
~Carsten~
Foo Fighters

~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Carsten~ has a reputation beyond repute
great pictures from Anna- Lena!
thx
~Carsten~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 06:42 PM   #3
country flag Louis Cyphre

Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute
Who`s that girl on the second pic
Louis Cyphre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 07:08 PM   #4
country flag Carsten
Andy!

Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko Dapa
Who`s that girl on the second pic
Laura Siegemund

thanks for the pics and report, paule!
Carsten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 08:17 PM   #5
country flag tobi
Vamorza!

tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute
Thanx Paule as usual
Old May 7th, 2006, 09:27 AM   #6
country flag Louis Cyphre

Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsten
Laura Siegemund

thanks for the pics and report, paule!
Well...I have to say that I`m impressed
Louis Cyphre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #7
country flag Paule22

Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute
Q-Sunday 07.05.2006

The worst thing about all the germans out of Qualifying is, that the matches are sometimes not so interesting. So today I was only interested in Vesnina-Petkovic, Wörle-Lisjak and the Doubles-Qualifying. So I started out with a bit of Gajdosova vs. Vakulenko, which was actually a quite good match by Gajdosova until she was not able to get the balls in, when holding breakball at 5-5 in second set. From there on, she lost the tight tiebreak and then the third easily. I watched a bit of Ting Li vs. Sromova, because I hadnt seen Sromova before. That was an awul match, so many errors be the Chinese and Sromova, nearly nothing good happen, so I left after a few games.

I was already at lunch, after that, where I ate with Pascal a Rostbratwurst!!! Then the Petkovic match was due to start, and she really tried, but her shots werent as good as the day before, she hitted to many errors in the wrong situation, her serve wasnt really there, as it was yesterday, when she hitted a lot of aces. But at least she tried to do something all the time, against a consistent Vesnina, so I was glad, that she wasnt giving up that fast. She fighted until the matchpoint for Vesnina, but sadly, it wasnt enough. Hingis and Zvonareva watched a bit of the match and it the whole grounds were floated by the players, more and more came up throughout the day. Thats something, why I love Berlin, you are so close to the players, you can approach them if you want, watch the practice courts, its all near by - just nice.

I watched a bit of Wörle, she played some really good shots, and fighted, some great lobs and some nice winners, but sadly it was not enough, because she mostly lacks the power and has an awful return. At least her first serve was always in, but still not that strong. Lisjak played just with some brain and talent, and outpowered Wörle. I was a bit sad for Kathrin, because I getting to like her. Great that she is still in doubles, looking forward to that

Doubles Qualies was on after that and I watched Lisicki and Rösch against Schneider and Gajdosova and Sabine made some awful mistakes but became better to get the lead to 5-2. But then Schneider bounced back in some very close service games and so Schneider/Gajdosova won in the end, which I actually did not see. That was because on Court 2 was the other Doubles Quali-match was up. I came there when it was already 6-2 for Laine/Siegemund. Tadde was really fed up again about her mistakes, and Laine and Siegemund pulled it through relatively easy.

Pics at: http://www.akstra.de/germanopen/sonntag070506

Last edited by Paule22 : May 7th, 2006 at 09:10 PM.
Paule22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 10:16 PM   #8
country flag Samyboy

Samyboy is a splendid one to behold Samyboy is a splendid one to behold Samyboy is a splendid one to behold Samyboy is a splendid one to behold Samyboy is a splendid one to behold Samyboy is a splendid one to behold Samyboy is a splendid one to behold Samyboy is a splendid one to behold Samyboy is a splendid one to behold Samyboy is a splendid one to behold Samyboy is a splendid one to behold
Hey Paule! Seems you live near to the Hundekehle, aren´t you?
Samyboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 10:51 PM   #9
country flag Paule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samyboy
Hey Paule! Seems you live near to the Hundekehle, aren´t you?
Yeah it's only ten minutes on my bike.
Old May 8th, 2006, 12:32 AM   #10
country flag Sebastien123

Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of Sebastien123 has much to be proud of
Thank you very much for reports, Paulle, i hope this will be a nice week for you in your city, with full of good matches to watch. I wish you enjoy it much
Sebastien123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 06:29 AM   #11
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Paule!
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 06:44 AM   #12
country flag wubenzhimu

wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold
thank you soooooooo much for

soooo many yuan meng's pics
wubenzhimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #13
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute
LOL @ Siegemund's outfit.

Laine must be her sister
Old May 8th, 2006, 09:28 PM   #14
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks!
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 09:49 PM   #15
country flag Paule22

Monday 08.05.06

Pics at: http://akstra.de/germanopen/montag080506/

rrfnpump says Douchevina is bad. She really is. And Vera won. And Wörle is the next big thing. Watch out for her.

Siegemund sucks big time.

Maybe some seroius stuff, tomorrow.