Why did you like/love Mary or her game? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 29th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #1
country flag sebbe

sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future
Why did you like/love Mary or her game?

I'm disappointed that there is no activity here, that's why I created this thread.

Mary turned my life around. I was a fat kid with glases and now I'm a fit guy who loves tennis. My biggest dream is to thank her for introducing this sport to my life.
My first memory of Mary was 1999 - watching the quater finals between Mary and Conchita in Hamburg.
That was a moment of thankness. There are no words of how much I appreciate Mary or the sport. I just wich there would have been a ending to the career with her own preferences.

Thanks!
Advertisement

Old Oct 30th, 2011, 03:32 PM   #2
country flag pierce85

pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why did you like/love Mary or her game?

This place is like a graveyard! I still remember couple of years ago this place used to be swarmed with posters who were waiting for mary's comeback. What a shame!
pierce85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 03:40 PM   #3
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Because her game represents to perfection the game I love the most. Flat, powerful, and demolishing. If you have to defeat someone, defeat her in style.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #4
country flag remyremy

remyremy is a name known to all remyremy is a name known to all remyremy is a name known to all remyremy is a name known to all remyremy is a name known to all remyremy is a name known to all remyremy is a name known to all remyremy is a name known to all remyremy is a name known to all remyremy is a name known to all remyremy is a name known to all

Hi everyone ! The last time I posted here, it was 2 or 3 years ago, maybe more... I'm sad to see that everyone is gone away from here, but I'm sure none of us will ever forget our wonderful Mary. I won't forget her and and her brilliant game. The WTA tour is so booooooring now. Sebbe,I have a story with Mary too : in 2004 (I loved Mary since 1994) I broke up with my friend, I was depressed, I was fat too... In the beginning of 2005 I decided to start a new life and to get my body back. I start to train, to go on diet and to meet new people. After a couple of month I was on the right way and I realize that mary was more and more fit and find her will back. It was like we began a new life together!!! Ok, it was just my dream, but it's very special when someone you admire seems to struggle in bad times like you try to do. 2005 was my best year so far. It was Mary's best one (no slam but WHAT A GAME !!!) and I'm proud of what I did then and for what we all helped her to do this year. So that's why I love her : I shared the passion of tennis with her, through her and so she's a part of my life, a part of our life.
remyremy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #5
country flag Oermi

Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by remyremy View Post
Hi everyone ! The last time I posted here, it was 2 or 3 years ago, maybe more... I'm sad to see that everyone is gone away from here, but I'm sure none of us will ever forget our wonderful Mary. I won't forget her and and her brilliant game. The WTA tour is so booooooring now. Sebbe,I have a story with Mary too : in 2004 (I loved Mary since 1994) I broke up with my friend, I was depressed, I was fat too... In the beginning of 2005 I decided to start a new life and to get my body back. I start to train, to go on diet and to meet new people. After a couple of month I was on the right way and I realize that mary was more and more fit and find her will back. It was like we began a new life together!!! Ok, it was just my dream, but it's very special when someone you admire seems to struggle in bad times like you try to do. 2005 was my best year so far. It was Mary's best one (no slam but WHAT A GAME !!!) and I'm proud of what I did then and for what we all helped her to do this year. So that's why I love her : I shared the passion of tennis with her, through her and so she's a part of my life, a part of our life.
Nice story i love Mary because she was so different compared to the other girls on tour. Like she would smile so much during a match for example and of course i lovedlovedloved her game!! That forehand Mary I'm missing her so much right now.
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 06:22 AM   #6
country flag aimee20

aimee20 is a name known to all aimee20 is a name known to all aimee20 is a name known to all aimee20 is a name known to all aimee20 is a name known to all aimee20 is a name known to all aimee20 is a name known to all aimee20 is a name known to all aimee20 is a name known to all aimee20 is a name known to all aimee20 is a name known to all

Hi all, it's nice to see some familiar names in here. i admit i sort of abandon this forum as well knowing that there won't be any news and most of us are not active anymore.
Anyway, i started playing tennis during 1993-1994, my mom and my coach said that it's very important to have a role model or someone that you look up to as an in spiration.
I was told to have Steffi's slice backhand, was told to have Sampras's serve or even Chang's footwork. Then, along came French open 1994, i saw our lady strutting like diva and hitting tremendous forehand and i told my mom "you know what, Now that's who i want to play like" i started imitate her ever since.
aimee20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 07:32 AM   #7
country flag stefani88

stefani88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
I'm disappointed that there is no activity here, that's why I created this thread.

Mary turned my life around. I was a fat kid with glases and now I'm a fit guy who loves tennis. My biggest dream is to thank her for introducing this sport to my life.
My first memory of Mary was 1999 - watching the quater finals between Mary and Conchita in Hamburg.
That was a moment of thankness. There are no words of how much I appreciate Mary or the sport. I just wich there would have been a ending to the career with her own preferences.

Thanks!

I also think so.