Serena Says Her Body Is Sexy - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 20th, 2002, 08:43 PM   #1
GogoGirl

GogoGirl has disabled reputation
Talking Serena Says Her Body Is Sexy

Yo baby - Yo baby - YO! Show u r right - Serena.

May 20, 2002

Williams shows courage to take her revenge
From Neil Harman, Tennis Correspondent in Rome

HER right ankle was strapped, her left ankle was strapped and her right thigh was strapped, but it was going to take more than a few rolls of bandage to keep Serena Williams from the fourteenth title of a career that is peaking at a moment of scintillating opportunity.
For once, boxing did not have bragging rights on the tale of the tape. There was enough of the sticky brown substance holding Williams and Justine Henin, of Belgium, together yesterday to fill an episode of ER.

How the 19-year-old American managed to move so emphatically on a stodgy clay court spoke wonders for her athleticism. “I’m too young to get tired, that might happen in 20 years’ time,” she said.

In personal terms, her 7-6, 6-4 victory in the Italian Open final was retaliation for the German final a week earlier, when Henin won in three sets. In a wider context it pointed Serena towards the French Open, starting a week today, and the grass beyond, as the player to beat — which is just how she likes it. Venus will need all the power restored to her right wrist by next week to restrain her kid sister. The rest of the field had better start working on their physiques too.

It was Serena herself who mentioned the Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis fight in the aftermath of her momentous semi-final success over Jennifer Capriati on Saturday evening, a slugging match the like of which the Foro Italico had not been treated to before. When pinpointing the huge physical difference between the final contestants, one writer mentioned her ‘big shoulders’. “You mean sexy body,” was Serena’s riposte.

Whatever way it is shaped, you cannot ignore the girl. And her game is not purely based on brawn, though there was not much call for deftness on a court deadened by the morning’s persistent rain.

When, at 3-3 and deuce, she came shuddering to a halt behind the baseline after stretching for a backhand, the final looked over for the former US Open champion. She had to lean so heavily on her racket that one feared it would crumple beneath the strain.

Two lineswomen rose to ask how she was, Sandra De Jenken, the umpire, raced across and when a chair was found for Serena to rest her right leg on, more bandages were produced.

There were a couple of times that Williams was restricted, but the fighter in her simply refused to bow to the strapping on her legs. Henin extricated herself from three set points in the tenth game, delaying her opponent for a further three until the Belgian’s auspicious backhand wavered under pressure in the first set tie-break.

Henin, it should be remembered, was also playing with a huge swath of tape on her left thigh, although she looked less troubled by an injury than the crunching depth from the other side of the net. When Serena finally took advantage of a break point — her twelfth — she was immediately broken back but turned the tables again in the next game. One chance was all she would allow Henin.

The squeeze is on. Serena has risen to No 3 in the world, the highest ranking of her career, in behind her sister, who is just a handful of points adrift of Capriati, back at No 1. Henin is up to No 5, a place she occupied briefly after reaching last year’s Wimbledon final, with her compatriot, Kim Clijsters, separating her from Serena. It is fantastically close as the high points of the tennis year approach.

Tim Henman was beaten by Albert Costa on clay for the first time as Great Britain lost to Spain in the World Team Cup in Düsseldorf. Henman began well but lost 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 after Alex Corretja had beaten Martin Lee 6-3, 6-4.
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2002, 08:51 PM   #2
TeeRexx

TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice
Gogo - I like this article. Hell yes, SERENA has a sexy body. Did you notice how the TV camera kept scanning her lucious bod everytime she was serving?
TeeRexx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2002, 09:26 PM   #3
Deira

Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice
I saw that too, Tee Rexx. The camera would start at Serena's feet and glide sloooooowly up her body until reaching the top of her pretty head. I counted at least four times of this action. I've never seen this kind of camera work in a match before. Sexy Serena ... I like the sound of that

Deira is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2002, 09:28 PM   #4
GogoGirl

Smile Yep

Hey TeeRexx. Show u right 2.

Forgive me if this article has been posted. I like the end of it - where Serena jokes. What a wit our girl has.

Btw - does anyone know what "gelato" is. Serena seems to be craving it.

Serena gunning for Roland Garros glory

Copyright © 2002 Nando Media
Copyright © 2002 Agence France-Presse

Agence France-Presse

ROME (May 19, 2002 09:45 PM EDT) - Serena Williams admitted Sunday she is already thinking about the French Open later this month after breaking her slump on clay to win the 1.24-million-dollar WTA Tennis Masters Series.

Serena clinched victory with a 7-6 (8/6), 6-4 win over Justine Henin of Belgium who had denied the American a debut triumph on the slow red surface in Berlin just a week earlier.

And the 1999 US Open champion clearly likes her chances as she approaches Roland Garros with 22 wins in 24 matches this year.

"I just consider myself as a competitor," said 20-year-old Serena whose elder sister Venus is the reigning Wimbledon and US Open champion.

"And when I go out there I compete and from the first round to hopefully the final round.

"I never try to get that far ahead because normally you get so excited. I can't allow that to happen. I'm just staying focused.

"And hopefully I will be just as fortunate as I was this week at Roland Garros. That's my goal. And hopefully I'll be able to reach my goal."

Serena insisted that part of her successful year was a decision to limit the number of tournaments she plays.

"If you go out there and win and you do very well then you don't have to play 20 and 30 tournaments. That would be killing yourself because it's hard to go out there every week."

But she admitted she was delighted with her performance on a clay where Americans traditionally struggle.

Asked how it compared to her other 13 titles she said: "It's pretty high up there because a lot of people insist I am not a claycourt player although I am.

"It makes me feel really good going into Roland Garros. You know I am looking forward to doing well there. It's (her victory in Rome) in the top five."

She shrugged off a thigh strain sustained in her semi-final win over Jennifer Capriati and an ankle she turned against Henin.

And she admitted she would celebrate her Roman conquest by indulging her penchant for Italian ice cream.

"As soon as I leave here I am going to have some 'gelato'," she joked. "I'm moving to Rome. Unfortunately I am a gelato junkie and I have always been.

"After I leave here I am going to probably get in the 12-step (overcoming addiction) program. I have anxiety attacks. Maybe I will go to the Betty Crocker Clinic to get better."

Henin also felt Serena would do well in Paris, saying: "Since the turn of the year she proves that (that she is in good form). She is in it (Roland Garros) right to the end."
Old May 20th, 2002, 09:37 PM   #5
heidi2

heidi2 is a name known to all heidi2 is a name known to all heidi2 is a name known to all heidi2 is a name known to all heidi2 is a name known to all heidi2 is a name known to all heidi2 is a name known to all heidi2 is a name known to all heidi2 is a name known to all heidi2 is a name known to all heidi2 is a name known to all
Thumbs down

MARTINA WILL ALWAY'S HAVE A MORE SEXY BODY ! ! !

ALOT MORE THAN THE WILLIAM SISTERS ! ! !

heidi2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2002, 09:37 PM   #6
country flag Fingon

Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute
when are they finally going to pop-up?
Fingon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2002, 09:44 PM   #7
country flag HAIL-VENUS

HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of
And she is right

I thought that I was the only one to notice this about the camera man. I remember on one of Serena's service games, he was scrolling up from her feet, and never made it past the top of her thighs. At first, I thought he was getting a look at the bandage, then the camera seemed to get stuck on her but, and small of her back. I must say, I enjoyed his camera work.
Old May 20th, 2002, 10:16 PM   #8
GogoGirl

Cool Duh!

Duh - to dummied up me. I read where "gelato" was Italian Ice Creme - but had forgotten it by the time I posted.

Btw - I read where Serena's boyfriend who plays for the Cleveland Indians had a gun pointed at him at a hotel at 4:00 a.m., one morning - recently. It was a terrifying experience to him - he was quoted as saying. The article also mentioned that he was dating Serena.

Old May 20th, 2002, 10:21 PM   #9
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Sure as hell “You mean sexy body”. The best body on the tour, going away. Naming no names, she makes a lot of the tour look like boys.
Volcana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2002, 10:24 PM   #10
J_Migoe

J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all
Go Serena. You're amazing. I am so proud to be your fan
J_Migoe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2002, 10:29 PM   #11
GogoGirl

Smile My Site

I'm not sure this is allowed - but check this out. Please click on products. I still have a little ways to go w/this site - but I'm almost there.

www.Jupitersales.com

Last edited by GogoGirl : May 20th, 2002 at 10:40 PM.
GogoGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2002, 10:32 PM   #12
MartianJoeyWinson

heidi, as much as I admire your Martina Pride... you gotta admit Serena's a damn fine looking woman (that's not to say Marti isn't woah, certainly Marti is in a high class herself)
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2002, 10:34 PM   #13
Gumbycat
Registered 1

Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light Gumbycat is a glorious beacon of light
SUPER SEXY SERENA

There are women that pay THOUSANDS of Dollars for Breast like Serena! Great Breast, Great Butt, GREAT BODY!!!! (oh, GREAT TENNIS GAME. Playing the BEST TENNIS ON THE TOUR!)
http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/82188
Gumbycat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2002, 12:32 AM   #14
country flag Lisbeth

Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice
Good for Serena!
She does have a nice body, and besides I think people who think themselves sexy usually are anyway.
Lisbeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2002, 12:36 AM   #15
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute
Serena's body is NOT sexy.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote