Suicide bomber kills 6 in Tel Aviv - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 17th, 2006, 12:38 PM   #1
country flag tennislover

tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Suicide bomber kills 6 in Tel Aviv

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...ast/index.html
JERUSALEM (CNN) -- A suicide bomber set off a blast Monday in a restaurant at the old central bus station in Tel Aviv, Israel, killing six people, police and ambulance services said.

The bomber also died.

The bomber scuffled with a security guard outside a falafel stand, tried to push himself inside and blew himself up, a police commander said.

Police said 49 people were taken to hospitals. One of those victims later died of his wounds. Another eight people were critically wounded and 12 others were in moderate condition, ambulance officials said.

The Palestinian militant group Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility. (Watch emergency responders work to save victims after the attack -- 1:35)

Palestinian Islamic Jihad is dedicated to the creation of an Islamic Palestinian state and the destruction of Israel. Israel and the United States consider the group to be a terrorist organization, and it has carried out military operations against Israeli soldiers and civilians.

The attack marked the first time a suicide bomber has been able to enter Israel and blow himself up since the Hamas-led government assumed power over the Palestinian Authority last month.

In Ramallah, West Bank, Palestinian legislator Saeb Erakat said Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas condemned the attack. Erakat said the attack is against the best interests of Palestinians.

On January 19, a suicide bomber attacked a falafel restaurant in what was reported to be the year's first suicide bombing in Israel.

Police spokesman Mickey Rosenfeld said Monday's attack occurred at the same eatery.

The old bus station is a mall area usually packed with workers.

Israeli police have said it is difficult to patrol, making it a favorite target of suicide bombers

what a huge, endless tragedy
how to stop that?

Martina Navratilova

Most career titles (singles+doubles):Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles titles: Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles and doubles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship singles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship doubles titles: Navratilova

Last edited by tennislover : Apr 17th, 2006 at 05:17 PM.
tennislover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 17th, 2006, 12:53 PM   #2
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder (now that Hamas has gone into politics instead of terror) how many of their ex-combatants have simply switched their affiliation to Islamic Jihad, the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, etc. If there's a silver lining here, @ least they don't (yet) have WMD. (Though I still worry that Iranian supplied enriched uranium, while it wouldn't make a nuke now, could be used in a socalled "dirty bomb" designed to kill thru fallout).

YUG flag, because it never should have split up.
*JR* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 12:55 PM   #3
country flag jmd

jmd is a splendid one to behold jmd is a splendid one to behold jmd is a splendid one to behold jmd is a splendid one to behold jmd is a splendid one to behold jmd is a splendid one to behold jmd is a splendid one to behold jmd is a splendid one to behold jmd is a splendid one to behold jmd is a splendid one to behold jmd is a splendid one to behold
jmd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 01:17 PM   #4
country flag Meteor Shower

Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute
up to 8 killed..

I can think of some ways to stop that...

******** Survivor
Meteor Shower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 01:25 PM   #5

Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute
Following a terror attack in Tel Aviv on Monday where at least seven people were reported killed, not including the suicide bomber, and at least 60 were wounded, two critically and 15 seriously, Israeli and Palestinian leaders responded to the attack.

Interim Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said, "We will know how to respond, we know what to do." (yeah right... )

He continued to say that Israel was investigating what exactly had occurred and who was responsible, and also wished a speedy recovery to the wounded and condolences to the families of victims.

"This is painful," Shimon Peres said Monday in response to the suicide attack that killed six people at Tel Aviv's old central bus station.

"But we will continue the democratic process," he continued, referring to the swearing-in of the 17th Knesset, scheduled to begin at three p.m. Monday.

"That's who we are," Peres declared.

******** Survivor
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 01:26 PM   #6
country flag CooCooCachoo
Team WTAworld

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Bemelmans|Camerin|Cornet|Crivoi|Cuevas|Dentoni|Dod ig|Garbin|Granollers
Hlavackova|Ilhan|Kohli|Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino| Menendez|Phau|Polansky
Rezaï|Robredo|Roger-Vasselin|Srebotnik|Szavay|Wörle|Zverev

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 01:37 PM   #7
country flag Sevenseas

Sevenseas has a reputation beyond repute Sevenseas has a reputation beyond repute Sevenseas has a reputation beyond repute Sevenseas has a reputation beyond repute Sevenseas has a reputation beyond repute Sevenseas has a reputation beyond repute Sevenseas has a reputation beyond repute Sevenseas has a reputation beyond repute Sevenseas has a reputation beyond repute Sevenseas has a reputation beyond repute Sevenseas has a reputation beyond repute

I pray you learn to trust
Have faith in both of us
And keep room in your hearts for two

Precious - Depeche Mode
Sevenseas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 04:12 PM   #8
country flag SelesFan70

SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute
But I thought having Israel withdraw from Gaza and some of the West Bank would stop all this...

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 04:20 PM   #9
country flag cerbero

cerbero has a reputation beyond repute cerbero has a reputation beyond repute cerbero has a reputation beyond repute cerbero has a reputation beyond repute cerbero has a reputation beyond repute cerbero has a reputation beyond repute cerbero has a reputation beyond repute cerbero has a reputation beyond repute cerbero has a reputation beyond repute cerbero has a reputation beyond repute cerbero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelesFan70
But I thought having Israel withdraw from Gaza and some of the West Bank would stop all this...

How naive of you
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 05:18 PM   #10
country flag tennislover

tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute
number of deaths is now 9

Martina Navratilova

Most career titles (singles+doubles):Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles titles: Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles and doubles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship singles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship doubles titles: Navratilova
tennislover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 05:23 PM   #11
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute
Awful
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 06:22 PM   #12
country flag Cat's Pajamas
A Young Troubadour.

Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelesFan70

stupid UN
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 09:49 PM   #13

US, UK, Germany condemn bombing

As usual they condemn, will any action be taken? of course not.

And of course Israel has decided not to make a major reply. They still believe that peace can be made.
Is it too much to ask not to have any contact with them as long as the bombings and kassams are not stopped?

******** Survivor

Last edited by ASAP : Apr 17th, 2006 at 10:01 PM.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 10:10 PM   #14
country flag dementieva's fan

dementieva's fan has a reputation beyond repute dementieva's fan has a reputation beyond repute dementieva's fan has a reputation beyond repute dementieva's fan has a reputation beyond repute dementieva's fan has a reputation beyond repute dementieva's fan has a reputation beyond repute dementieva's fan has a reputation beyond repute dementieva's fan has a reputation beyond repute dementieva's fan has a reputation beyond repute dementieva's fan has a reputation beyond repute dementieva's fan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas
stupid UN
What has UN got to do with this?
dementieva's fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 10:13 PM   #15
Hulet

Hulet has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP
US, UK, Germany condemn bombing

As usual they condemn, will any action be taken? of course not.

And of course Israel has decided not to make a major reply. They still believe that peace can be made.
Is it too much to ask not to have any contact with them as long as the bombings and kassams are not stopped?
US, EU and Canada has stopped giving aid to PA. I think that's an "action."
Hulet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote