Ana Ivanovic Videos thread - Page 132 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 18th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #1966
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Ana's press in serbian after loss to Sharapova in Rome:

http://www.b92.net/video/videos.php?...&nav_id=610436

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #1967
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Ana's press in serbian after loss to Sharapova in Rome:

http://www.b92.net/video/videos.php?...&nav_id=610436
Nothing new.

She said that she had chances in both sets, especially in first set and that it's disappointing that she wasted those chances, but she also said that Maria played really well in deciding moments. She's however satisfied that she can play close and competitive matches against players like Sharapova and Azarenka and that it's a result of her work with Nigel.
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #1968
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

She sounds so cute in Serbian and somehow I can understand something from it

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #1969
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Nothing new.

She said that she had chances in both sets, especially in first set and that it's disappointing that she wasted those chances, but she also said that Maria played really well in deciding moments. She's however satisfied that she can play close and competitive matches against players like Sharapova and Azarenka and that it's a result of her work with Nigel.
Thanks Cajka!

Old May 18th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #1970
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Ana Ivanovic vs Laura Robson 2011 Tokyo R2 Highlights

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #1971
country flag gaviotabr

Ana's interview for CNN's Open Court is at CNN's web.

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?utm_so...eref=rss_sport

Last edited by gaviotabr : May 24th, 2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #1972
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute

Aww loved that! Especially the ping pong bit lol!

doni1212 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #1973
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Clearly not lost on purpouse in ping pong She is such a sweet girl

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #1974
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Ana mentioned the final against Justine and there's one question that can not be asked in GM. Does anyone else feel that Ana was able to trouble Justine much more than she did it in that final? Not to beat her perhaps, but to win a set or so? I think that she had a game to do that, she started the match great, but something happened.
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #1975
country flag Balltossovic
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ana mentioned the final against Justine and there's one question that can not be asked in GM. Does anyone else feel that Ana was able to trouble Justine much more than she did it in that final? Not to beat her perhaps, but to win a set or so? I think that she had a game to do that, she started the match great, but something happened.
Ana always had the game to trouble JuJu. Unfortunately, she never had the brains.

Ana said what clicked in that final was, when she got ahead that break, she started thinking OMG I might actually win this match, and stopped concentrating on the next point. She was thinking about the finish line and got nervous. I think you could actually see it happen in the match (Not that I've watched it since)

Ana had a bigger game than Justine. JuJu had better defence and net play. Oh, and the BH, obviously. But Ana had the bigger strokes and should have been able to run JuJu all over the courts. She never did it though, because I don't think she and her teams discussed tactics against Justine.

We'll Always Have 08

Ana~*~Vika~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #1976
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balltossovic View Post
Ana always had the game to trouble JuJu. Unfortunately, she never had the brains.

Ana said what clicked in that final was, when she got ahead that break, she started thinking OMG I might actually win this match, and stopped concentrating on the next point. She was thinking about the finish line and got nervous. I think you could actually see it happen in the match (Not that I've watched it since)

Ana had a bigger game than Justine. JuJu had better defence and net play. Oh, and the BH, obviously. But Ana had the bigger strokes and should have been able to run JuJu all over the courts. She never did it though, because I don't think she and her teams discussed tactics against Justine.
After retiring Justine said that she never liked playing the big hitters, that she always felt uncomfortable against the WS. She also said that she didn't feel comfortable before that FO final against Ana. I can imagine that. It would explain how she fell apart after the QF of AO. She felt helpless during that match. You could see it in her eyes.
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #1977
country flag Balltossovic
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
After retiring Justine said that she never liked playing the big hitters, that she always felt uncomfortable against the WS. She also said that she didn't feel comfortable before that FO final against Ana. I can imagine that. It would explain how she fell apart after the QF of AO. She felt helpless during that match. You could see it in her eyes.
*sigh* If only Ana had kept her head in that first set

We'll Always Have 08

Ana~*~Vika~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #1978
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

I do get that feeling too. I rewatched the highlights, and most of the good shots were all from Ana's racquet too.

The forehand winner she hit on the very first point sends chills up my spine. Like it wasn't even close to the line, but it was just such a heavy ball that blasted right through the court and Justine never got close to it.
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #1979
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Roland Garros 2007 is one of my favorite tournaments ever. Really.. except for the final, Ana was hitting big, serving huge (probably her best serving tournament?), returning beautifully, moving well and fighting. I'm sure she could even win that match if she had been prepared for the ocasion. She wasn't prepared at all.. and that was the most nervous I've ever seen Ana on a court.. she was shaking. It was also the 1st time I saw her have serious issues with her toss. After that 1st game, in which she broke, and then got to 40-0 on her own serve, she realized the moment and got overwhelmed by it. For a while she couldn't even throw the ball up to serve. From then on it was NID.

I think it wasn't just Ana failing to cope, but also a miss from her team. Once you are in a final of a grand slam, you have to prepare your player to win it, not to just play free.. but be prepared to win. That posibility never crossed Ana's mind before.. it only crossed her mind once she was already there playing. That is a preparation failure, a lot of which should be adressed by the much more experienced people she had around her. The posibility of winning had to be in her mind and had to be digested and had to be almost organic to her before she stepped on the court. In a slam final, you simply have to be ready, otherwise you won't even be able to play, like happened to Ana.

Old May 24th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #1980
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
I do get that feeling too. I rewatched the highlights, and most of the good shots were all from Ana's racquet too.

The forehand winner she hit on the very first point sends chills up my spine. Like it wasn't even close to the line, but it was just such a heavy ball that blasted right through the court and Justine never got close to it.
I remember that! Ana's weight of shot that whole summer was huge. From winning Berlin to winning LA, she went far in every tournament mainly because she had really heavy shots.