Ana Ivanovic Videos thread - Page 123 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 28th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #1831
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
jonnyroyale_13 i made highlights of this and in the info thanked u for uploading the match.

Ana Ivanovic vs Jelena Jankovic 2007 Tokyo Highlights

Watched that and am now depressed. Forehand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 28th, 2011, 12:47 AM   #1832
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

But the movement was dreadful. I totally forgot how slow she was. JJ was a lot better player and way hotter than she is now. She must change the hair color. Anči was chubby, but cute.
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 09:18 AM   #1833
country flag Buschi2201

Buschi2201 is a glorious beacon of light Buschi2201 is a glorious beacon of light Buschi2201 is a glorious beacon of light Buschi2201 is a glorious beacon of light Buschi2201 is a glorious beacon of light Buschi2201 is a glorious beacon of light Buschi2201 is a glorious beacon of light Buschi2201 is a glorious beacon of light Buschi2201 is a glorious beacon of light Buschi2201 is a glorious beacon of light Buschi2201 is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WQSVXQ9ZWQ --> Off-Court

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTUrU8UaUUE --> On Court

Hope you like it!
Buschi2201 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 08:06 AM   #1834
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

Last 20 minutes of match against Kirilenko. Error after error after error. Makiri hits 3 winners.

Old Sep 29th, 2011, 10:09 AM   #1835
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

Maybe she was really injured. Ana doesn't ask for MTOs very often.
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 10:17 AM   #1836
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

I saw it. Makiri really didn't do anything special there. Those errors weren't forced. I don't know if she was injured.
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #1837
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Everytime she set up a nice position she missed the shot with a bh or volley or fh. Esp bh. It didn't matter if she got set up for the bh dtl winner, because she was bound to miss it. Unless her bh becomes much more solid there will always be a lot of pressure on her to do a lot with the fh. Her bh was never good but at least she used to be better at avoiding missing it.

Makiri hit quite a few bhs into the middle of the court, but Ana was not hitting the fh well enough to use this to win the point. Ana needs to make sure players can't get away with hitting a ball into the centre of the court against her.

On the plus side, the toss seemed slightly better (in this section of the match anyway) and she was hitting her bh cc a little better too. At least during rallies. Not when she had to make a pass or winning shot.

Baby Ana was chubby and slow, and current Ana is much fitter and faster. But the core part of her game is not working so well.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #1838
country flag rukw5uk

rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Baby Ana was chubby and slow, and current Ana is much fitter and faster. But the core part of her game is not working so well.
For me, she was slow in 2007, but her extra weight made her forehand a ferocious weapon, meaning that she didn't have to do much running because the weight behind her shots was dictating play or ending the rallies.

I think her current physique just doesn't suit her at all, she's just a naturally big boned type of girl. Her weight nowadays requires her to do a lot more technically which she just isn't naturally capable of, like coming into the net etc.

For me, her game should be based around being a baseline powerhitter.

I don't ever see her being a major force in the future of tennis ever again unless she adds weight. It might seem odd adding fat in a sports game, but she is naturally a bulky girl.
rukw5uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 06:05 PM   #1839
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Everytime she set up a nice position she missed the shot with a bh or volley or fh. Esp bh. It didn't matter if she got set up for the bh dtl winner, because she was bound to miss it. Unless her bh becomes much more solid there will always be a lot of pressure on her to do a lot with the fh. Her bh was never good but at least she used to be better at avoiding missing it.

Makiri hit quite a few bhs into the middle of the court, but Ana was not hitting the fh well enough to use this to win the point. Ana needs to make sure players can't get away with hitting a ball into the centre of the court against her.

On the plus side, the toss seemed slightly better (in this section of the match anyway) and she was hitting her bh cc a little better too. At least during rallies. Not when she had to make a pass or winning shot.

I don't know. She didn't look SO bad in those rallies at least until the moments she was supposed to hit the winner. She made a lot of errors, but at least she dares to hit the bh, I remember that she didn't trust in that shot at all and used to slice and push all the time. Now at least it looks powerful. But her focus was never there, 'cause she wasn't only missing backhands, but also the forehands. Her arms should probably be bigger and stronger, but the muscles can't strengthen her mind.

Whenever I watch the matches from Bali, Linz or Beijing, I just can't believe that she lost it only in few months. It's impossible. Maybe the small injuries are still the problem. I hope that she'll use the off season to prepare, to heal the injuries and to be ready for AO.

Old Sep 29th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #1840
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Cajka, yes, I agree, it was only really bad at the moment she was meant to hit the decisive shot. Actually, her bh cc topspin seems to have improved. Less chipping and slicing and pushing, more hitting. As I said, she lost many points after she set them up. She actually set up Kiri quite a few times in that clip. The point where she hit a great cc bh, sneaked in, and missed the easy fh volley kind of summed up her match. And what about the fairly routine passing shots she set up with her dropshots only to miss by miles.

I agree with your statement that her muscles cannot strengthen her mind. I get the feeling that if she put on fat now, we would just have a chubbier, slower Ana who loses in a different way. If she succeeds in getting stronger without putting on fat, I'm sure it will help a little... but the reality is that with her current game she should be doing better.

With her low bodyfat now she is actually in the perfect position to gain strength. Once you are lean, your body has a greater tendency to add muscle instead of fat in response to training.

She must learn how to pass with the bh, however. So late and cramped on that shot. Many other players would have made those passes/dtl winners 9 times out of 10.

Last edited by HowardH : Sep 29th, 2011 at 06:57 PM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 07:34 PM   #1841
country flag Cajka

A proper diet + working out should make it all happen. I don't know if you saw some Petko's recent pics. She's very strong, but not chubby. I would like to see Ana getting so strong. Maybe her sponsors don't want her to get bigger 'cause it's not feminine.
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #1842
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
A proper diet + working out should make it all happen. I don't know if you saw some Petko's recent pics. She's very strong, but not chubby. I would like to see Ana getting so strong. Maybe her sponsors don't want her to get bigger 'cause it's not feminine.
Oh you mean one with Six Pack? If yes I dont wanna Ana look like that cuz that wouldn´t be so pretty too look at..More weight would do the trick

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #1843
country flag Cajka

She's not a model. She's a pro athlete. If she wants the results, she must make some sacrifices. Of course, she doesn't have to look like Sam or... Nadal from 2007. But, if she wants to be sexy instead of good player, then... She should retire. And getting some weight isn't good if it's fat. She would only be slower.
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 11:16 PM   #1844
country flag rukw5uk

rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light rukw5uk is a glorious beacon of light

This sums it up for me:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...ack-to-the-top
rukw5uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 11:36 PM   #1845
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukw5uk View Post
We should take it to some other threads, maybe to article thread, there are some very good points, but I don't completely agree.