Ana Ivanovic Videos thread - Page 117 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 17th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #1741
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Podcast from yesterday's 5 Live radio show. Has a little interview with Ana at around the 12 minute mark.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/...0617-0943a.mp3

I can't believe Ana keeps on saying she is playing better tennis now than when she won RG. I wonder if she ever watches her old matches. Surely not.

And blaming injuries.. yeah Ana, that's the way.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 17th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #1742
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I can't believe Ana keeps on saying she is playing better tennis now than when she won RG.
So the level of Larsson now would be enough to win RG in 2008?
The WTA goes really fast!

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #1743
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVAJ MKirilenko View Post
So the level of Larsson now would be enough to win RG in 2008?
The WTA goes really fast!
Probably!

That actually explains why Ana gives up when she goes down in matches.. She just thinks everybody else is playing so out of this world, even her level now, which is better thn when she won RG, can't beat them. So there is just nothing she can do.

I wonder if she knows how ridiculous she seems when saying these stuff.. Her PR should tell her, because it doesn't help her at all.

Old Jun 17th, 2011, 04:03 PM   #1744
country flag jelenacg

jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of

She has a good sense of humor
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #1745
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

Hey, Federer is saying exactly the same thing as well.
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #1746
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fANAtic View Post
That he is playing better than when he won RG? That could be true.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 04:54 PM   #1747
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
The way Federer played against Novak in the RG semis was definitely vintage Fed.

As for Ana...

Old Jun 17th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #1748
country flag gaviotabr

WTA video of the players party.

Isn't that Jankovic's mom next to Ana when Ana first shows up, while they are getting dressed?

Could also spot Milos walking behind Ana when she arrived at the party.

Old Jun 17th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #1749
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVAJ MKirilenko View Post
That he is playing better than when he won RG? That could be true.
No, he says he's playing better than in 2005/6.
Ana is a bit of a fedtard, so maybe she's copying him.
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 12:40 AM   #1750
country flag Snex

Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon 2011 R1 Ivanovic vs Oudin

If somebody wants.
Snex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:33 PM   #1751
country flag gaviotabr

Serbian interview with Ana after her 1st round win (thanks to bokash):

http://www.b92.net/video/videos.php?...&nav_id=520710

Translation guys?

Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:34 PM   #1752
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snex View Post
Thanks!

Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:34 AM   #1753
country flag fANAtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Serbian interview with Ana after her 1st round win (thanks to bokash):

http://www.b92.net/video/videos.php?...&nav_id=520710

Translation guys?
"I was thinking about a new coach."
"I've decided something has to change because it's stupid to do the same things all the time and expect different results." O rly Ana?
It seems she's been practicing like she did before when things worked and it shows a bit.
Talks about grill at Chez Nole's.
Playing a lot of matches on grass helped to get into rhythm.
She knows Eleni's gonna send backhand slices and she'll work on it in practice.
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:36 AM   #1754
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Q: It was a fantastic performance. You reminded us on Ana who won RG... 6:0, 6:1,,, You recently won a match with 6:0, 6:1, but we can't remember when was the last time you had such an amazing win on GS... It looked so easy...
A: Yes, for sure... I'm definitely satisfied. I think it was my easiest win on GS (by the scoreline) especially after last two grand slams. I'm really happy I could play like this especially 'cause we wre waiting during the whole day, it was really long, so I'm happy I played good, I was agressive but also patient and I'm happy to finish my match this evening.
Q: You won against the dark ( 'cause she played late). I think that many people don't understand how much your routine and preparation is important and how difficult it is to continue it after (after cancelling the match probably):
A:Yes, that's for sure, especially 'cause tonight they were about to cancel our match, it all depended on few points from the previous match and it would be different to play tomorrow, different conditions, tonight it was dark and cold, tomorrow it could be warm weather, so you have to go through the match preparation again and it means a lot for me to have a day to rest tomorrow and we all like to finish our match ASAP.
Q: You don't have a full-time coach, what has changed since RG?
A: Well, I think, I think about the coach, I decided to change some things. It's useless to do the same things and expect the different results, so I'm starting to form the structure that used to work before, I'm trying to form a strong basis and it's always a process, but I can already see the results, which gives me a confidence and motivation to continue in the same direction.
Q: How did some events before Wimbledon affected you (training with Andrea, barbecue at Novak's)... Did it help you to relax and to avoid the pressure?
A:That's something I learnt... to relax a bit. I think I had really good training sessions with Andrea and with other girls. That night we all relaxed a bit... Domestic food and atmosphere. It feels good, that's something we can't do often. Tournaments before Wimbledon also helped 'cause this year I played the most matches before W and it also helps to relax and to find a rhythm.
Q: Your next opponent has a lot of experience, she has attacking style, service volley game, you'll have to play different than against Oudin whom you broke on the base line.
A: Yes, it will be completely different, two completely different opponents. I played once against her on the grass, her tennis is very suitable for grass, she has a backhand slice, service volley (which is not very often), so I'll work on that tomorrow and try to adapt on those low shots, so we'll see. But it's important to play the way I did and to continue playing like this.
Q: Playing like this, you will certainly win. See you on Thursday.
A: Thank you
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:38 AM   #1755
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
"I was thinking about a new coach."
"I've decided something has to change because it's stupid to do the same things all the time and expect different results." O rly Ana?
It seems she's been practicing like she did before when things worked and it shows a bit.
Talks about grill at Chez Nole's.
Playing a lot of matches on grass helped to get into rhythm.
She knows Eleni's gonna send backhand slices and she'll work on it in practice.
Thanks a lot!

That sentence is quite something!