Peng #23,Zheng #24,Li/Sun #29,N,Li #37,Yan #42 in China athlete income ranking 2005 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2006, 01:54 PM   #1
country flag Modiac.
Team WTAworld

Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute
Peng #23,Zheng #24,Li/Sun #29,N,Li #37,Yan #42 in China athlete income ranking 2005

China's magazine New Century weekly released China athlete income ranking in latest issue.
Here's the rankings of tennis players:
#23 Shuai Peng 30,000-36,000 USD(Prizemoney+AD:Nike,Wilson,Sony Ericsson mobliephone)

#24 Jie Zheng 30,000-36,000 USD(Prizemoney+AD:Nike,Wilson,Rado watch)

#29 Ting Li/Tiantian Sun 30,000 USD(Prizemoney+AD:Nike,Babolat,Dunlop,Lenovo,Rodo watch,McDonald's)

#42 Zi Yan(Prizemoney+AD:Nike,Yonex)

p.s.Prizemoney includes tournaments' prizemoney and bonus from their province in national games.
┗━┻━┻┻┻┻━┻━┻┻┻━┻┻┛
Modiac. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2006, 08:53 PM   #2
country flag andrewC

andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future
Yan should have got a few freebies, she won AO and her first singles WTA title last year! Nice to see Peng getting rewarded for her good work last year before the CTA messed things up for her this year...
13 Doubles Titles (including 2004 Olympic Gold and 2008 AO Mixed)
Career High 77 (Singles) and 16 (Doubles)
andrewC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 06:10 AM   #3
country flag 1star

1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of
Peng was not under the control of CTA but Provincial (Tianjin) Team in 2005 for all her bonus and prize money.
Per previous report, she got higher percentage of prize money from WTA tournaments than 35% under CTA.
Bonus from each provincial is also different.

I dont like CTA, trying to micro-control things, including selection of coatches and games etc. It's sth to do with their personal interests since they split players prizemoney (kinda 20%) . That might be a reason some people would not introduce more coaches both native and foreign ones.

As for peng's case, (plus N.Li's previous challenging) CTA is under great pressure and seeking compromise.
If let Peng go her own way, they will lose controll of other players and their own existing.
I dont think Peng wanted to completely seperate from CTA as long as they are workinng.

~Martina Hingis Li Na Kim Clijsters~

Yuan MengPeng ShuaiLi Ting Sun TianTianZheng Jie Yan Zi
AiSugiyamaLindsay DavenportSerenaWilliamsVenus Williams
Amelie Mauresmo Mary Pierce
Justine Henin Svetlana Kuznetsova

Anna ChakvetadzeNicole VadisovaYung Jan Chan
1star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 06:22 AM   #4
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute
How much money is that compared to the average Chinese working person's income?In the US, $30,000/year is what you'd get working a regular 40 hour week at $15/hour - this is roughly what a secretary or a grocery store manager (my brother) would earn. A waiter with average tips would probably earn about the same.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 01:33 PM   #5
country flag 1star

1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of
See if i can search out that article published early this year.
There seemed to be two choices in Tianjin. The advantageous one, at least 50% of prizemoney, is to hand in a certain sum and then...Not sure of the details, which contain insurances, taxes, ads, basic salary etc.
I think she got far more than you brother per your input.

~Martina Hingis Li Na Kim Clijsters~

Yuan MengPeng ShuaiLi Ting Sun TianTianZheng Jie Yan Zi
AiSugiyamaLindsay DavenportSerenaWilliamsVenus Williams
Amelie Mauresmo Mary Pierce
Justine Henin Svetlana Kuznetsova

Anna ChakvetadzeNicole VadisovaYung Jan Chan
1star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 06:45 PM   #6
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Steveg has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrison
China's magazine New Century weekly released China athlete income ranking in latest issue.
Here's the rankings of tennis players:
#23 Shuai Peng 30,000-36,000 USD(Prizemoney+AD:Nike,Wilson,Sony Ericsson mobliephone)

#24 Jie Zheng 30,000-36,000 USD(Prizemoney+AD:Nike,Wilson,Rado watch)
#29 Ting Li/Tiantian Sun 30,000 USD(Prizemoney+AD:Nike,Babolat,Dunlop,Lenovo,Rodo watch,McDonald's)
#42 Zi Yan(Prizemoney+AD:Nike,Yonex)
p.s.Prizemoney includes tournaments' prizemoney and bonus from their province in national games.
Thanks for the info. Is it on the prize money they make, or that they keep? I don't remember how much the players made in 2005 (can't find the list on the WTA website ).

But for 2006, if we take ZHENG Jie : gross prize money is USD 280,000 so far.
If we deduct some 25% for local taxes players have to pay at each tournament + the amount the WTA takes back, she is left with USD 238,000.

If we suppose she is allowed to keep 35% of this amount, she would have made so far this year USD 83,300.

The same calculation for other players would give :
YAN Zi : USD 63,600
LI Na : USD 25,900
SUN Tian Tian : USD 22,900
LI Ting : USD 17,600

I don"t mention PENG Shuai as is she said to be still amateur.

This is only the prize money and does not include sponsoring fees (if not wrong, the CTA gets Nike sponsoring fees, not the players by the way).

Last edited by Steveg : Apr 17th, 2006 at 06:51 PM.
Steveg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote