Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!! - Page 252 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:08 PM   #3766
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Hello, bitches!

I'm trying to contribute this community.
That's hilariously acurate!

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #3767
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
That's hilariously acurate!
They are. Our Spanish teacher showed us some of those on classes.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #3768
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They are. Our Spanish teacher showed us some of those on classes.
Really nice! I had Mafalda comics back in my spanish class days.

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #3769
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really nice! I had Mafalda comics back in my spanish class days.

"Yo soy muy gente!"

Another one

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:00 AM   #3770
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
"Yo soy muy gente!"

Another one
Love it!

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #3771
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

i have a comic book called "todo mafalda" with all comic strips ever published plus some censored versions (argentina was a dictatorship when mafalda was published) as well as other drawings and publications. more than 600 pages. i like that comic even though it ressembles the peanuts a lot.

the last comic i read in spanish was blacksad. i absolutely love the drawings which combine humans and animals so well.

even the issues such as racial divide get this kind of treatment:

the author of this comic book series really takes every advantage you can get out of the comic form.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #3772
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
i have a comic book called "todo mafalda" with all comic strips ever published plus some censored versions (argentina was a dictatorship when mafalda was published) as well as other drawings and publications. more than 600 pages. i like that comic even though it ressembles the peanuts a lot.

the last comic i read in spanish was blacksad. i absolutely love the drawings which combine humans and animals so well.

the author of this comic book series really takes every advantage you can get out of the comic form.
That looks cool! It reminded me of the classic comic book I read for a class in University (General politics and social history), Maus. It also uses animals to portray humans.

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #3773
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That looks cool! It reminded me of the classic comic book I read for a class in University (General politics and social history), Maus. It also uses animals to portray humans.
i also have maus in the book form. as a matter of fact i have a thread on this board about it however, apart from the cover the pics you posted here are not from maus but from a shorter comic which was the predecessor to the whole book and it was about the warsaw ghetto maus itself is the story of the authors father who never was there.

maus is imo the best serious bizness comic book ever. blacksad on the other hand, the stories for the 3 books i read are not really that original. drawings are terrific, though.

Last edited by azdaja : Oct 6th, 2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #3774
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
i also have maus in the book form. as a matter of fact i have a thread on this board about it however, apart from the cover the pics you posted here are not from maus but from a shorter comic which was the predecessor to the whole book and it was about the warsaw ghetto maus itself is the story of the authors father who never was there.

maus is imo the best serious bizness comic book ever. blacksad on the other hand, the stories for the 3 books i read are not really that original. drawings are terrific, though.
The Maus book that I have has the previous Warsaw ghetto story and then the story of Art's father. I agree its probably the best serious bizness comic book. I didn't know it before taking that class, but really liked reading it. And the way he uses different animals to portray the jews, germans, polish.. during WWII, its very interesting. I guess it was also a therapy for the author to write this story. I always felt like the way his mother died and his difficult relationship with his father affected the whole thing deeply.. so it must have helped him through it.

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #3775
country flag azdaja

Quote:
The Maus book that I have has the previous Warsaw ghetto story and then the story of Art's father. I agree its probably the best serious bizness comic book. I didn't know it before taking that class, but really liked reading it. And the way he uses different animals to portray the jews, germans, polish.. during WWII, its very interesting. I guess it was also a therapy for the author to write this story. I always felt like the way his mother died and his difficult relationship with his father affected the whole thing deeply.. so it must have helped him through it.
i think drawing and writing the whole story was very difficult for the author. just remembering the last page of the story i think it was. respect.

not that being open in this way means it's the only way. i always understood the author of calvin and hobbes about why he felt he's too much in it.

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #3776
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
i think drawing and writing the whole story was very difficult for the author. just remembering the last page of the story i think it was. respect.

not that being open in this way means it's the only way. i always understood the author of calvin and hobbes about why he felt he's too much in it
Yes, of course. There are many ways to put your soul into a creation.

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #3777
country flag Cajka

Quote:

This is really painful to read.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #3778
country flag azdaja

Quote:
This is really painful to read.
maus is a very powerful book. the little experiment art spiegelman did with the ghetto story was probably just an experiment for him to see if he could make a comic about the holocaust. it is such an underrated art form.
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #3779
country flag azdaja

well, since i don't know if that's really a tennis thing or not i will ask here - has everyone seen the gangnam style video by wta players and what do you think about it?
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #3780
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

I love it too bad Masha didnt dance

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread