Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!! - Page 245 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 8th, 2012, 05:44 AM   #3661
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I also hate running, its boring.. but.. gotta do it to be fit for tennis and hang in there in long matches. Cardio exercises are important for that. I quite like swimming though my hair looks awful everytime I swim too much.. I have long hair and it gets dry.
I find it interesting that y'all like swimming but not running..and talking about that pushing too hard and vomiting thing because I used to be a swimmer and I would have 10-12 sessions a week, and usually all of us in the squad would throw up once or twice in at least 50% of the sessions it's killer. Now I much prefer running

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 8th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #3662
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

i used to keep myself fit with cycling and mountainbiking. i hated and still hate running because it's boring. on a bike you at least get somewhere. in order to make it work you really have to move with a lot of pace or uphill and i am lucky to be close to places where this is possible. plenty of people believe they are doing something for their fitness while cycling but in reality it's just like a little walk in the park.

nowadays i play touch rugby. it's fun and good for your fitness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I always thought that the Brazilian people were very dark.
could brazilian footballers be the main reason for this? when i look at brazilian players who play for fc porto you would get the impression that most brazilians have african roots and i am not sure i've ever met a brazilian like that irl. well, i know one of them had some african blood but that was not obvious in the slightest.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #3663
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
I find it interesting that y'all like swimming but not running..and talking about that pushing too hard and vomiting thing because I used to be a swimmer and I would have 10-12 sessions a week, and usually all of us in the squad would throw up once or twice in at least 50% of the sessions it's killer. Now I much prefer running
Wow so much puking.. really isn't good.

The issue with running is that it really boring.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #3664
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
i used to keep myself fit with cycling and mountainbiking. i hated and still hate running because it's boring. on a bike you at least get somewhere. in order to make it work you really have to move with a lot of pace or uphill and i am lucky to be close to places where this is possible. plenty of people believe they are doing something for their fitness while cycling but in reality it's just like a little walk in the park.

nowadays i play touch rugby. it's fun and good for your fitness.
I like cycling, but I'd have to go to the park to do it, and its not very close.. so I end up going to the gym. But mountainbiking is certainly more fun than cycling on those gym bikes.

Quote:
could brazilian footballers be the main reason for this? when i look at brazilian players who play for fc porto you would get the impression that most brazilians have african roots and i am not sure i've ever met a brazilian like that irl. well, i know one of them had some african blood but that was not obvious in the slightest.
Maybe that's it! But if you look at our volleyball team, for an example, most have light skin.. I think we are extremely mixed.. everyone has a big of african and native heritage, even if it doesn't show, because its so mixed with european heritage.

Old Jun 8th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #3665
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow so much puking.. really isn't good.

The issue with running is that it really boring.
Funny, our coach was always happy when we threw up...because it meant we were working really hard Running is boring, but so is just continuous swimming freestyle back and forward...I think it's more fun if you break either of them up into sets of different things...keep your mind working

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #3666
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
Funny, our coach was always happy when we threw up...because it meant we were working really hard Running is boring, but so is just continuous swimming freestyle back and forward...I think it's more fun if you break either of them up into sets of different things...keep your mind working
It does mean that you were working beyond your limits. It isn't good from a medical point of view though.

Sure.. anything that is repetitive tends to be boring.. best is to mix things to keep it entertaining.

Old Jun 8th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #3667
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I like cycling, but I'd have to go to the park to do it, and its not very close.. so I end up going to the gym. But mountainbiking is certainly more fun than cycling on those gym bikes.
yeah, but even with mountainbiking or road cycling you need to mix it up. if you bike on the same route every time even that can get boring. i have a gym bike at home and i usually train on it while watching a football game and that can be quite alright.

Quote:
Maybe that's it! But if you look at our volleyball team, for an example, most have light skin.. I think we are extremely mixed.. everyone has a big of african and native heritage, even if it doesn't show, because its so mixed with european heritage.
well, the first person people think about when someone mentions brazilians is pelé. and volleyball is nowhere near as popular as football. but yeah, brazlians are very mixed. it's just that so many people are unaware that european heritage clearly dominates that mix.
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #3668
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
yeah, but even with mountainbiking or road cycling you need to mix it up. if you bike on the same route every time even that can get boring. i have a gym bike at home and i usually train on it while watching a football game and that can be quite alright.
Yes.. I usually watch the news on TV at the gym.. or some novela. They always have the TV on.

Quote:
well, the first person people think about when someone mentions brazilians is pelé. and volleyball is nowhere near as popular as football. but yeah, brazlians are very mixed. it's just that so many people are unaware that european heritage clearly dominates that mix.
Definitely... I would say the average common brazilian is much more like Kaká then like Pelé. But its all really mixed.. we have all kinds of looks here..

Old Jun 10th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #3669
country flag azdaja

speaking of different sports, today i saw some weird game being played on a basque tv channel.

i wondered if that would be that "basque pelota" game and google confirmed it. what a weird game. cajka, this surely must beat aussie rules football in that regard?
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #3670
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Definitely... I would say the average common brazilian is much more like Kaká then like Pelé.
That's it, I'm moving there.
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #3671
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

Well whether a sport is weird depends on how familiar you are with it... my family once met two Americans who passed by a cricket club in Hong Kong (where I live) and asked why they were playing baseball with square bats.
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #3672
country flag azdaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
Well whether a sport is weird depends on how familiar you are with it... my family once met two Americans who passed by a cricket club in Hong Kong (where I live) and asked why they were playing baseball with square bats.
it's certainly true and i guess most of the sports spread globally from england and the us, so sports developed elsewhere are not well-known, like basque pelota. however, there are even some olympic sports i consider weird (curling, for example).
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #3673
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

Curling You know how a lot of sports tend to have some sort of historical significance, related to the society of that time, like javelin, discus, or archery may be related to the military tradition of Ancient Greece... I guess the inspiration behind curling is doing housework.
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #3674
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Mo sport as stupid as golf for me

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #3675
country flag azdaja

golf is definitely among the most boring sports to watch, though i can see it being fun to play. curling is just weird.