Fed Cup 2006 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:47 AM   #16
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute
I have no clue, she should be there...

Sorry to say for the Iveta fans (yes this is comming from a fellow Iveta fan) but i think it was not a great choice to put Iveta on the first rubber, seen before that Iveta crumbles under the pressure in the FC, and she did it again, i think Klara would be the better choice.

Now Iveta lost tot Viratprasert 4-6 4-6 and the Thai are 1-0, Nikki should win so C'mon Nikki level it please!!

Well if Nikki wins, then i would rather see Klara play the third rubber instead of Iveta....

If i were the coach i would have chosen Klara and Nikki to play singles and Iveta/Barbora in dubz...

Once a Lena fan, always a Lena fan!
Chief Officer of the new SS Dementieva
Admirer of the sky and all its stars and constellations at night
FC Groningen, olé olé olé, Groningen olé Groningen olé FC Groningen olé olé olé
Mathijs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 11:04 AM   #17
country flag SloKid
The long and winding road.

SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's draw's fault that Iveta played first.

But I always thought that they can only nominate two players for singles, when the draw is made
I might have been wrong.
I still think Klara will play tomorrow and hopefully clinch it for the Czechs

Camerin-Hlavačkova-Görges-Hradecka-Voracova
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 11:32 AM   #18
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute
There's no ways Iveta is going to play tomorrow. She might not event plays Doubles.

“She played well and hit the ball pretty hard and put some pressure on me, but I gave her the opportunity to play that well so it’s my own fault,” said Benesova. “I made too many errors. I think I’m just not a team player. I’m too tight and play so much different to when I just play for myself. I think I will never play team matches again.”

From fedcup.com....

Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 11:37 AM   #19
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, but I think they should have put Klara and the other singles player first, and then subbed her after... Well, I was wrong, coz I tipped Czech's to win 5-0!

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 11:42 AM   #20
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute
Personally, I would not let Iveta play last Singles match if its count because you has some chances you will play Doubles
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 05:39 PM   #21
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute
Well i have found some pics posted on Jirobkk's page (thanx Jiro, great as usual)

Very great pics worth a look at :

http://www.jirobkk.com/album/Fed_Cup...ny/default.asp

http://www.jirobkk.com/album/Fed_Cup..._1/default.asp

Once a Lena fan, always a Lena fan!
Chief Officer of the new SS Dementieva
Admirer of the sky and all its stars and constellations at night
FC Groningen, olé olé olé, Groningen olé Groningen olé FC Groningen olé olé olé
Mathijs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 12:42 AM   #22
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 10:07 AM   #23
country flag Wiggly

Czechs now leads 2-1

Nicole won 3-6 6-2 6-0 Now Klara to close it out
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 10:24 AM   #24
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Go Klara!

Old Apr 25th, 2006, 04:00 PM   #25
country flag Yellow Moon

Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of
Well, the next Fed Cup draws are out: It's CZE vs FRA in France . It could not have been much harder, imo . Surface is yet to be determined, but for sure Mauresmo will lead the pack. The Czech girls don't fare too well against Momo: only Kveta and Daja Bedanova were able to beat her on Amelie's bad day, and that's been only possible in the distant past. In the last three years, only Iveta Benesova and Renata Voracova were able to take her to three sets.
With Mauresmo will likely be Pierce, Dechy and Loit, all fighting hard to stop the fall from the Fed Cup top. The ragazze italiane found an effective recepy agst the (incomplete) filles francaises. Maybe Ta Ceska devcata will be able to do the same .
Yellow Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 09:42 PM   #26
country flag Wiggly

! Well, we know Iveta can beat Pierce

I think if any of Mauresmo or Pierce can't play, they have a shot.
But it's
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 05:27 AM   #27
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Dayum!

Old Jul 11th, 2006, 05:09 PM   #28
country flag Yellow Moon

Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of
Fed Cup next week: Nicole, Lucie, Iveta and Kveta agst Momo, Dechy, Golovin and Loit. It's not gonna be easy for the Czech girls... Good luck to you, you'll need it
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 12:37 AM   #29
country flag Yellow Moon

Found a few funny pics of last year's Fed Cup team agst ITA. It's from a beneficiary action at the brand new Liberek Sports Arena where donors could purchase a clay tile and imprint their hand into it for posterity (or so I read it). The entire team did their hand imprint and got eternalized on the internet as well. Team building and goodwill seems to be a trademark of the czech tennis girls. Too bad the pics are of rather dubious quality:

(Klara's but on the left)
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 02:43 AM   #30
country flag Yellow Moon

1 more! Too bad Jeleno quit posting: he would've loved to see Iveta in boots again...