News Articles - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 18th, 2002, 07:21 PM   #1
Sonja
Momomental

Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute
News Articles

I think it would be a good idea to have Amélie Articles in this thread, as they are almost always posted in the tournament threads and get purged. This way we can have our own little archive where we can go back and see how she's done.

Please help me keep this updated.

March 18, 2002 - French Yahoo

(Reuters) - Amélie Mauresmo left Rome with a double feeling: that to have missed a large victory vis-a-vis Jennifer Capriati and the feeling which its play assembles in power at ten days of Roland-Garros. Friday, the Frenchwoman inclined herself in quarterfinals of International of Italy vis-a-vis American in three intense handles (6-2 3-6 6-4). "I want to be some. For me, it did not gain the match, it is me which gave it inside ", enrage Amélie Mauresmo. She refers to the beginning of the third handle where she let spin two balls of 3-0, then two advisabilities of carrying out 3-1, wasted by two consecutive double-faults. "I missed intensity on these point-keys, underline she, I had the occasions to put the head in the hole to him. I felt it to lower level as I played long and heavy, I did not know to conclude, it is my fault." Nevertheless, the Frenchwoman will approach International France, which begins on May 27, with a found confidence. She overcame well separation with her coach Alexia Dechaume. "My level of play is there, says it, the changes which were carried out on the level of my framing, I wanted them, therefore it is rather well. With Loïc Courteau, one works in the continuity of what I did previously." Even if this year, Amélie Mauresmo enters not tournament in same conditions as year last (demolished with the first tower vis-a-vis Allemande Jana Kandarr whereas it was presented like one of favorite), it will have to manage the reunion with the Roland-Garros stage. What is not announced so simple. "While turning over on the site, that will make me odd, it y will have memories which will re-appear", she acknowledges. "But it is a good challenge. The year spent, I was archi-favorite. One knows what occurred... One never knows, it is perhaps the opposite which will occur." Paradoxically, it is Sandrine Testud (n°10 world) who will make to office of number 1 Frenchwoman at the time of this second lifting of the Large Slam, since Mauresmo will retrogress Monday in the 12th place of classification WTA, having lost the points of her final in Rome last year. A pressure in less on the shoulders of Amélie
Amélie Mauresmo, 2009 GDF Suez, 2007 Proximus Diamond Games, 2006 World No. 1 ,Wimbledon Champion, Proximus Diamond Games, Gaz, Australian Open, 2005 YEC, Advanta Chamionships, Italian Open, Proximus Diamond Games, 2004 World No. 1, Advanta Championships, Generali Linz, Rogers Cup, Italian Open, German Open, 2003 J&S Cup, Advanta Championships, 2002 Rogers AT&T Cup, Dubai Open, 2001 Gaz, Nice, Amelia Island, and Eurocard Ladies German Open, 2000 Adidas International, and 1999 Bratislava Champion

There's a fine line between love and hate; that line is called family!

No one does things exactly the way I want them to. No one ever has. It’s a problem they have!

AZARENKA!
Sonja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2002, 07:47 PM   #2
country flag Linnie
drinking

Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute
Sonja!!
This is a great idea But we have to encourage the gang on Gerd's site to come in here, too.
Does this mean we have to behave ourselves??
Linnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2002, 07:54 PM   #3
*Izzy*
Team WTAworld

*Izzy* has disabled reputation
Great idea!!!

Does anyone else think we should have a pictures thread as well? I love the pics you all post in the cheering threads, so maybe having a thread for them would *ahem* keep our spirits up as it were until she next plays?

*Looking for Amelie articles*
Old May 18th, 2002, 08:08 PM   #4
country flag Linnie
drinking

Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute
Good idea, Frey! Madam Moderator??

Article from the FFT website:

Mauresmo fails on the wire

(17/05 - 19h00) - The quarterfinal shock between Amélie Mauresmo and Jennifer Capriati was completed on the success of American in three intense sets (6/2, 3/6, 6/4). Many regrets for the Frenchwoman, who could not known to insert Jenny, whereas she got two balls of 3-0 with the 3rd set. But it is rather of good forecasts before Roland-Garros.
The first play is bitterly disputed. Amélie plays long and gets a ball of 1-0. But her smash after-rebound does not mislead the vigilance of Capriati which returns a passing on which Amélie puts its flight deadened in the net. That shows the febrility of the Frenchwoman at this beginning of match. Additional proof: a double-fault which offers the [service break] to the world n°2. But Amélie evacuates her stress and retorts immediately. One everywhere: the brawl can start. Jenny makes few faults and regales herself. Without solutions, irritated by electric environment, the French n°1 gives up this first set 6/2 in 33'. Fortunately, she finds her rate/rhythm at the beginning of the second [set]. Her convex balls obstruct considerably Capriati, which shows signs of nervousness. Indeed, to 4-3 against her, the American one yields. Mauresmo concludes 6/3 not without evil, with her fourth set point.
The exploit takes shape. Two balls of 3-0. At the beginning of the 3rd set, Amélie confirms its the ascending one. It carries out 2-0 and 30-40 on the service of Jenny, very irritated. But Amélie wastes this first occasion, then one second (return out). The American one returns in the part the more so as Amélie makes two consecutive double-faults with 40-15. An aubaine for Capriati, which resticks to 2-2 then carries out 3-2. Amélie is contracted, saves a ball of 2-4. But over the second, she puts a flight of right blow in the net! Jenny tightens a fist ragor. She made most difficult. The more so as Amélie puts an easy smash in the corridor on a ball of 3-4. Terrible. To 5-3, Capriati obtains a first match point that Amélie superbly saves deadened flight. Better, it totals 5-4. The stage retains breath, Malheureusement, this tenth play will be fatal to the Frenchwoman. Carried out 30-40, she comes to the net but her flight is not supported enough and Capriati draws a passing from long reverse of line imparable at the end of 2h08 ' of match. Really rageant. The American one has made double blow since she recovers by the same occasion its world place of n°1, occupied for seven weeks by Venus Williams. She will be thus head of series n°1 in Roland-Garros. And holding of the title.
(A Rome, Eric Salliot)
Old May 18th, 2002, 09:57 PM   #5
Sonja
Momomental

Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute
I like the idea but I'm torn as to whether to use the photo area that is already established or start our own. I've uploaded some photos to the photo area already. The down side to using this area is the photos aren't seen immediately, as they have to be reviewed by an administrator. They're also less likely to be viewed there as they're not in the Amezon forum.

I wonder how slow the thread would be to load if we made a photo thread. I know some of the other forums have them, so when you get a free moment, check them out and give me your opinion please. The down side to a photo thread would be the slowness, but also needing a place to host them before they're posted.

Just some things to consider. I'm open to all ideas!!

Of course we have to behave (to a certain extent). We must be the silly crazy Amezons, as we always are. We just have to be respectful of other players and board members, which I don't think many of us have a problem with. Personally, I think we are one of the best behaved fan groups on the site (but some say I'm somewhat biased).
Amélie Mauresmo, 2009 GDF Suez, 2007 Proximus Diamond Games, 2006 World No. 1 ,Wimbledon Champion, Proximus Diamond Games, Gaz, Australian Open, 2005 YEC, Advanta Chamionships, Italian Open, Proximus Diamond Games, 2004 World No. 1, Advanta Championships, Generali Linz, Rogers Cup, Italian Open, German Open, 2003 J&S Cup, Advanta Championships, 2002 Rogers AT&T Cup, Dubai Open, 2001 Gaz, Nice, Amelia Island, and Eurocard Ladies German Open, 2000 Adidas International, and 1999 Bratislava Champion

No one does things exactly the way I want them to. No one ever has. It’s a problem they have!

AZARENKA!

Last edited by Sonja : May 18th, 2002 at 10:15 PM.
Old May 18th, 2002, 10:17 PM   #6
*Izzy*
Team WTAworld

I popped into Jenn's Den and.... ...Marti-Parti (Arrgh! My eyes!) and I noticed that, yeah, the threads take quite a while to load. But it would be nice to have a photo thread for Amelie in this forum (cos let's face it, it's looking a bit empty at the moment) and also, isn't there an option to have fewer posts shown per page? That could cut down on loading times.

Apologies for my disrespect to a certain other player there...
Old May 18th, 2002, 10:23 PM   #7
Sonja
Momomental

Then I think you should start it Frey, as it was your idea! A damn good one too.

So let the pictures begin; you post some, and I'll be there right behind you

You're ok Frey. I meant blatent insults to other players, and things that are said of a personal nature.

AZARENKA!
Old May 18th, 2002, 10:44 PM   #8
*Izzy*
Team WTAworld

Ok, I get where you're coming from, Sonja (I've been in Gen Messages today...)

Consider the photo thread started
Old May 19th, 2002, 06:10 AM   #9
mettabear

mettabear is an unknown quantity at this point
..dear Sonja

I need you to be biased, just like the rest of us

I promise to behave as best I can and I'm trying to be supportive by posting here as well as on the other board. (..good bear good..)

also I want to take the opportunity to sincerely thankyou for the effort and committment you give to the boards, along with other senior members

It's really fantastic to see your photos and updates so quickly..you make this old aussie very happy

take care
metta
Old May 19th, 2002, 11:22 AM   #10
country flag dhenni

dhenni is an unknown quantity at this point dhenni is an unknown quantity at this point dhenni is an unknown quantity at this point dhenni is an unknown quantity at this point dhenni is an unknown quantity at this point dhenni is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Great idea having a special Amélie article thread.

Thanks for posting the two articles, Sonja and Linnie.

I’m gonna have my eyes open whenever I can and keep my babbling fish working. See if I can beat anyone in speed.... and behave myself
dhenni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2002, 08:37 PM   #11
Milly

Milly is just really nice Milly is just really nice Milly is just really nice Milly is just really nice Milly is just really nice Milly is just really nice Milly is just really nice Milly is just really nice Milly is just really nice Milly is just really nice Milly is just really nice
Hey guys, that's a really great idea! How come I didn't think of that??? Doesn't matter, I'll do my best and post as often as I can. I'll even try to behave......as much as an Amezon can
Old May 23rd, 2002, 04:33 PM   #12
country flag Linnie
drinking

From the RG website:

"Echoes of Roland Garros"

Mauresmo: get right back on the Philippe Chatrier court

Compared to the past, Amélie Mauresmo has changed her way of preparing for the French Open. The idea of a workshop came about while the French team was playing the Fed Cup in Argentina, and it came to life this year. Amélie, Nathalie Dechy and Mary Pierce settled into a hotel around Versailles. They start their days together under the direction of Xavier Moreau, athletic trainer at the French Tennis Federation. Technique is worked on with their individual coaches. This morning, Amélie warmed up for a long time on the Philippe Chatrier court. Despite his combative efforts, her new coach Loïc Courteau, lost 6/0. Satisfied with the shape she's in, Courteau is hoping that Amélie will start her run on this very same court, despite her surprising loss to Jana Kandarr. Last year's trauma was analyzed . She's got to get past it. The quicker the better, stated Courteau.

Last edited by Linnie : May 23rd, 2002 at 08:51 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2002, 04:35 PM   #13
mom3

mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point
An article interwiew of the Roland Garros magazine may 2002 :
title : "I need to loose the horses"
With a reputation for being fragiel on and off court, Amélie Mauresmo is starting the year afresh on that score, too, and now has all the weaponsshe needs to become the womens' number-one seed.
Interview with a champion who has matured.

Question (Christophe Escudero) :You' re difficult to meet and sem to be rather secretive.Do you hide ?
Answer : not at all.But at certain times of the year, I need to cut myself off from the world, which also includes the press.
And then I prefer to move around as little as possibleso asnot to disturb my programme.
I'm a bit frightened of doing too many things at once; so I try to keep properly focused and stick to my training programme.
Old May 23rd, 2002, 04:41 PM   #14
mom3

mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point mom3 is an unknown quantity at this point
second questin :
What are your relations like with the media ?
They're very good today.
I 'm conscious of the fact that in 1999, the year in which I became known to the general public and the media began solliciting me, I didn't always react well.
I made certain errors, there were others in which the press had its share.
I was also judged a bit hastily, which put me on
the defensive.
Today, I feel in harmony witeh myself. So it's easier to change under these conditions
Old May 23rd, 2002, 04:51 PM   #15
mom3

Does your status make life easier for you ?
Some things which I found difficult to accept at the beginnig I quite like, like privileges that make it easier for me to get a table at a restaurant.Without asking for one, of course.Being recognized is nice, because you find yourself in contact with anonymous people who say what they think, comment on my matches, encourage me. Conversely, being well- known weighs on me when my privacy is disturbed.

In general, whether in your private life or on a court, is dealing with pressure a problem for you ?

I'm getting better on that score, too.
I'm not infallible, as could be seen at Roland Garros last year.
But I'm better at handling pressure; my results prove it.
I'm also growing up, I'm simplty becoming more mature.
People sometimes go too far seeking psychological explanations for what are basically simple matters, like personal development.