News, Articles and Interviews Thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 11:02 AM   #31
country flag 1star

1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of
Re: News, Articles and Interviews Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrison View Post
The person who makes a mess in this forum is YOU!
This forum is always peaceful when you're not here.
Many Chinese fans told me that they don't wanna go here because YOU ARE HERE.
You have been a trouble maker in another tennis forum as many people know,so you wanna do it again here?
I tried to be friendly with you,but my brain told me I'll be crazy if I insist this.
My home is in Vancouver.I'd be happy if you wanna be my guest.I'd send you to our local bughouse.
You can use whatever flags you wanted You can spread whatever rumours you like. You wanted to diverge the topic again. A lot of people in other forums said you were a big boaster and liar. Someone already told me you lied to him about me.

Ask Pierce0415 if i had told him that i had put you on my ignore list for a long time when i explained about "5 gold flowers" and 6 gold flowers.". i know he was joking there.

You are extreamly persistant here too. You started the argument here and there. Many of us didnt think Peng had an open heart operation and you kept on the topic for a long time and proved stupid....

i never talk to you for a long time here. Check the records here.

~Martina Hingis Li Na Kim Clijsters~

Yuan MengPeng ShuaiLi Ting Sun TianTianZheng Jie Yan Zi
AiSugiyamaLindsay DavenportSerenaWilliamsVenus Williams
Amelie Mauresmo Mary Pierce
Justine Henin Svetlana Kuznetsova

Anna ChakvetadzeNicole VadisovaYung Jan Chan
1star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 11:59 AM   #32
country flag HAOCHEN-GOAT

HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Oh people, it was only a misunderstanding.

Come on, 2oo7 season is coming... now let's gonna enjoy together The Asian Games

Now I have a lot of work and don't have much time to be here. I miss you But I will have holidays soon for Christmas

There you can watch all my pics of Madrid and other tournaments Help me to share it ^^
HAOCHEN-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 12:22 PM   #33
country flag 1star

1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrison View Post
You can regard all thing as lies when it's bad for your reputation.
It's a good way to relax yourself.
BTW,I haven't posted in other tennis forums by now.
Who is spreading rumours this time??

Exactly,we can say all we want here,but others have objective jugdement.

Guys,Wanna know why we seldom see Chinese fans post in Na's cheering thread? Please ask one of them.They'll tell you the real reason.
Everyday you are talking in another forum. Who is lying now??
You talked in another forum if not today. I didnt check it. You are nearly 100% concentrated on tennis forums.

Before i came here there were only about 1000 posts here. I got more votes than you when they selected kinda good fans in this general message forum here.

Who believe you? I only fought with you here before and you sent me PM telling me you misunderstood me. And you didnt understand... And i didnt reply you.

~Martina Hingis Li Na Kim Clijsters~

Yuan MengPeng ShuaiLi Ting Sun TianTianZheng Jie Yan Zi
AiSugiyamaLindsay DavenportSerenaWilliamsVenus Williams
Amelie Mauresmo Mary Pierce
Justine Henin Svetlana Kuznetsova

Anna ChakvetadzeNicole VadisovaYung Jan Chan
1star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2006, 06:42 PM   #34
pierce0415

pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute

Top seeded China suffers early exit from women's team event printResizeButton();
Much-hyped Chinese tennis suffered a heavy blow in the Doha Asian Games as the top-seeded Chinese women lost to Uzbekistan at the team quarter-finals on Tuesday.
Although Chinese women have started to shine in Grand Slam events like Australian Open and Wimbledon, they didn't show their professional brilliance in Doha,
Zheng Jie, ranked 33rd in the world, didn't hit the top gear as she lost the first singles to 208th-ranked Akgul Amanmuradova 6-3, 3-6, 7-6 in two hours and 38 minutes.
Asia's No. 1 and the world's 21st-ranked Li Na was not in form either, conceding a 6-4, 1-6, 6-1 game to Asian Games singles defending champion Iroda Tulyaganova.
Li, who made history by entering the last eight in Wimbledon this year, belted an uncharacteristic 48 unforced errors.
"I am content with the players' performance as they played well today. We prepared a lot for the match but it seemed that the players were too eager to win, which made them a little bit nervous," said Sun Jinfang, team manager of the Chinese team.
"It might be a good thing to lose a match at the Asian Games as our ultimate goal is the Beijing Olympics. We still have time to find out and make up for what we lack."
China, who came into Doha as the hottest favorites for the women's tennis events, withdrew from the meaningless doubles game.
pierce0415 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 07:28 PM   #35
country flag Pasta-Na

Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute

its a bit sad. now focus on singles and doubles now, chinese girls

Asian-GOAT-Na Li: 11" FO & 14" AO champion + 11" & 13" AO runner-up + #2
Little-Jie(06" AO & Wim) + Pusher-Shu(13" Wim & 14" FO & WD#1) + Sucky Baby Golden Flowers.
Pasta-Na is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 06:04 PM   #36
pierce0415

pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute

Top seed Li expects all-Chinese final at Asiad tennis women's singles printResizeButton();
Chinese top player Li Na said on Sunday that she is looking forward to an all-Chinese women's singles final at the Asian Games tennis tournament.
The world No. 21-ranked Li, who toppled Japanese veteran Ai Sugiyama, now ranked 26th, to become the top Asian player in 2006, did not sweat to overcome Indonesia's Sandy Gumulya 6-1, 6-3 in the second round of the Dec. 4-14 tournament.
"I played my best tennis, because I did not know much about my opponent. I've never played against her before," said Li, who had a bye in the opening round.
"Although I did not have to play as hard as I can, I didn't want to drop my guard, especially after what happened in the team event where I lost my first match.
"I cried all day after that."
The Chinese women's players, who came into Doha as the hottest favorites, were upset by Uzbekistan in their opening match of the team event on December 5, with Li losing to currently 132nd-ranked Iroda Tulyaganova in the second singles tie.
"I hope it will be an all-Chinese final (in women's singles)," she said. "After my loss in the team event, everyone was telling me to relax. My mother sent me a text message in the morning to tell me to be confident. I said I am Okey."
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 02:40 PM   #37
pierce0415

Li Na going mental
By Martin Parry
17jan07

CHINESE No.1 Li Na swept into the Australian Open second round today and credited a new mental toughness in helping her zoom up the world rankings.

Seeded No.19 at Melbourne Park but ranked No.16 in the world, Li is at the forefront of China's emergence as a credible tennis nation, breaking through with a quarter-final appearance at Wimbledon last year.
She easily dispatched Elena Bovina from Russia 6-4 6-3 in her delayed opening match to set up a second-round encounter with Lourdes Dominguez Lino from Spain.
Li said while her game was much the same as this time last year, her mental attitude had improved.

"It's in the mind," she said.
"My game is not so different from last year when I lost in the first round (to seven-times grand slam champion Serena Williams) but mentally I am much tougher. That is the difference.
"I am feeling very good. I really didn't want to lose in the first round here. It is a Grand Slam and they are very important to me."
Li has had an encouraging start to her season, reaching the semi-finals at the Medibank International in Sydney last week before eventual champion Kim Clijsters ended her run.
Li has been working on her groundstrokes ahead of the new season and troubled Clijsters throughout the match, prompting the Belgian to praise her development as a player.
"She's definitely become a lot more consistent," Clijsters said.
"The last few times I played her I felt like she was a good player and she could really show some really good things, but she was never quite consistent enough to make it hard for the top players, something I think she has changed."
Li is now working with a new coach, her husband Jiang Shan, which she says is one reason why she is more consistent.
But Jiang is not in Australia, failing to apply for a visa in time, meaning long-distance phone calls to discuss tactics.
"For me, it has been working very well having him as my coach. I call him every day," she said.
The only problem for her in Australia has been the weather, which has been sizzling. Her winter training in China was in freezing conditions.
"The weather here has been a battle. I have been training in China where it is cold, but I am getting used to it."
While the 24-year-old from Wuhan is at the vanguard of China's push for success in Melbourne, in the past she has been called temperamental, a choker and has even been accused of having a weak mentality by her own tennis federation.
But she dismisses any friction with the China Tennis Association, which criticised her for not winning the Asian Games title in Doha last month.
"There are no problems. Everything is fine. The Chinese tennis authorities set very high standards for me at the Asian Games and unfortunately I didn't do as well as I hoped."
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 03:23 PM   #38
pierce0415

Steve Waldon
January 18, 2007

"LOOK, there're 20 million tennis players in China; a couple of them have to be good," said HG Nelson, barking ideas down the blower yesterday morning.
"The Australian Open is the only Asian slam. Go out there and find them — someone from China or Japan or Taipei or East Timor — tell us if they can play," the famous sports critic and occasional Age columnist roared.
When it comes to the swinging of racquets and heaps of balls, I only take orders from two people — HG Nelson is one, and the other is in charge of my salary.
So court 13 at 11am it was, steaming like a trout in silver foil with the humidity at 1 million. There was Na Li, the trim 24-year-old from Hubei province, 19th seed, scampering after everything Russia's Elena Bovina tossed across the net.
Bovina should be no pushover: in 2005 she was ranked 14 in women's singles, and at 189 centimetres she is an imposing presence.
But a bung shoulder wiped out Bovina last year. Perhaps she was a little unlucky to be on the comeback path while Li has her sights fixed on fulfilling what people say is a promising career.
Bovina has an attractive grunt, which coincides perfectly with the departure of the ball from her racquet. It's not the Sharapova grunt, which sounds like, "I think the elastic in my undies is fraying." Nor is it the Seles, always suggestive of something like, "Put down that bloody knife, you'll do someone a mischief in a minute."
Bovina's grunt has an intonation and timbre that is pure Moscow. It's all sleet, vodka and holidays on the Barents Sea.
It sets her apart.
So does her tennis, but yesterday in a bad way. She double-faulted to lose the match, freeing Li to have her photo taken with a small but knowledgeable posse of fans.
Li's husband is also her coach. The fact that he didn't have a visa for this event might be a small impediment, but by the time she had beaten Bovina 6-4, 6-3, it didn't look like it.
Anyway, Li said, she had plenty of motivation in not wanting to fall at the first hurdle, as she did here last year. "Every point, I tell myself, you can do it — trust yourself," she said later.
And then it was out with the Fairfax compass to find court 11, which distinguishes itself from the scene of Li's triumph only by being within smelling distance of the barbecue bar at Garden Square.
Maybe 40 spectators were watching as Chinese duo Tiantian Sun and Shengnan Sun hustled around the court and bustled at the net, meeting between points in those little conspiratorial huddles doubles players love.
They were up against France's Stephanie Foretz and Poland's Klaudia Jans. Jans is not even listed in the Association of Tennis Professionals book, but she will be.
She has a solid game, but yesterday she and Foretz found it difficult to establish any rhythm against the Suns, who are not sisters but have an intuitive understanding that siblings often do.
Tiantian is a right-hander, Shengnan a lefty. It was all Foretz and Jans could do to find a spot, even on the wider doubles court, that the Suns couldn't get to. You don't want to sit the ball up on Tiantian Sun's forehand, because she swats it hard and at a diabolical angle.
When they lost 6-2, 6-4, Jans looked truly disconsolate. It was the wounded look of a player who wants more.
Like Na Li earlier, the Suns grinned and posed for photos.
So, HG, Asian tennis could go gangbusters. Roger Federer wants more tournaments there than in Europe and the States.
When the Malaysian Open becomes the fifth Grand Slam event in 2009, you'll look like a genius.
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 04:17 PM   #39
country flag HAOCHEN-GOAT

HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Thx Will

Na,

There you can watch all my pics of Madrid and other tournaments Help me to share it ^^
HAOCHEN-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 05:19 PM   #40
pierce0415

China's Li learns fast to win in Tokyo

Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:51 AM GMT
Email This Article | Print This Article | RSS

[-] Text [+]

By Alastair Himmer
TOKYO, Jan 30 (Reuters) - China's Li Na continued her fine early season form by thrashing American Lilia Osterloh 6-3 6-2 in the first round of the Pan Pacific Open on Tuesday.
Sixth seed Li, who had never previously played on the slick indoor carpet in Tokyo, took advantage of rules allowing on-court coaching at the $1.3 million tournament to cruise into the last 16. "When I practiced on the court I thought 'How can they play on this?'" Li told Reuters. "I needed to talk to my coach during the match too... but I think I played okay."

The fast-improving Li reached the semi-finals in Sydney before pushing Martina Hingis to three sets in the fourth round of the Australian Open.
"I had a good start in Sydney," Li said. "After Sydney, I told myself I could do it. My ranking has never been top 20 and now I'm 17 I know I can play better."
Meanwhile, fifth seed Ana Ivanovic also advanced to the second round, the Serb overpowering American Shenay Perry 6-4 6-2.
However, Slovakia's Daniela Hantuchova became the first big-name casualty when she beaten 6-4 6-4 by Italian Roberta Vinci.
Eighth seed Hantuchova, once a top-five player, paid the price for an error-strewn performance as she fell to her second first-round defeat in four tournaments in 2007.
In other matches, qualifier Nicole Pratt of Australia beat American Meghann Shaughnessy 6-7 6-1 6-4 while Severine Bremond trounced fellow Frenchwoman Marion Bartoli 6-0 6-2. World number one Maria Sharapova and four-times champion Hingis head a quality field in Tokyo. The top four seeds received first round byes.
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 05:36 PM   #41
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome article!
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 02:46 AM   #42
country flag Alec

Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all

nice articles

I really enjoy reading that. thanks
Alec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:22 AM   #43
country flag Pasta-Na

Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute

its not a bad result for her debut in tokyo

Asian-GOAT-Na Li: 11" FO & 14" AO champion + 11" & 13" AO runner-up + #2
Little-Jie(06" AO & Wim) + Pusher-Shu(13" Wim & 14" FO & WD#1) + Sucky Baby Golden Flowers.
Pasta-Na is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #44
pierce0415

Li Na matures for greater success

(Xinhua)
Updated: 2007-02-07 16:24

Li Na has been described temperamental and even been accused of having a weak mentality.
But the 24-year-old from Wuhan has gone through the criticism and has proved her talent as she raced up the rankings from 277 in 2002 to sit at a career high 16 ahead of last month's Australian Open.

China's Li Na eyes the ball during her match against Switzerland's Martina Hingis at the Australian Open tennis tournament in Melbourne January 22, 2007. [Reuters]
At last year's Wimbledon Li became the first Chinese player to reach the quarter-finals of a grand slam singles before losing to Belgian Kim Clijsters.
"I won't forgive myself if I get eliminated in the first round at the Grand Slams," Li said after pushing Martina Hingis to three sets in the fourth round of the Australian Open.
A former badminton player, Li made her debut in international tennis competitions in 1999 and rose to China's No. 1 soon after claiming four ITF titles. But she put an abrupt end to her promising career in 2002 and entered the Science and Technology University of Central China.
Li returned to competitive tennis at the beginning of 2004 and soon regained her status as the country's top player by winning three ITF races in a row and claiming China's first WTA title in Guangzhou.
"For sure, Li is one of the most talented players in China but her weak mentality hampers her improvement," National Tennis Management Center director Sun Jinfang told reporters last month.
Li, who is notorious for hot temper, said she is getting more mature.
"I used to blame others for losing but now I am learning to look for faults with myself," she said.
Li is the leading light of China's emergence as a tennis nation, with many tipping the country to rival what Russia has achieved (five women players in the top 10) in the coming few years.
"I hope more young players will come up," said Li. "Only when China has a lot of good players can we be considered a strength."
China has been aggressively pushing tennis since Sun Tiantian and Li Ting won a surprise women's doubles gold at the 2004 Olympics.
From having virtually no players capable of challenging the world's best just a few years ago, more than 50 Chinese women players are now listed by the WTA, the women game's governing body.
Two-thirds of them are floundering outside the top 500 but few are betting against at least some of them following in Li's footsteps. Sun Tiantian, Peng Shuai and Yuan Meng are also pushing for singles recognition, while China also has Grand Slam doubles champions in Zheng Jie and Yan Zi, who won the Australian Open and Wimbledon Open last year -- the country's first-ever Grand Slam titles.
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 10:23 PM   #45
pierce0415

Tennis chief aims to lighten up on Olympic team printResizeButton();
China's tennis chief Sun Jinfang says she is working hard to take the pressure off players as the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games approach.
Sun's assurances came after the country's top player Li Na said during the recent Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo that she was becoming increasingly nervous about the intense pressure to achieve the "unrealistic goal" of medals at the Games.
Li, a quarterfinalist at Wimbledon last year, advanced to the final 16 in Tokyo last week before being dumped out of the tournament.
Sun, director of the Administrative Center of Tennis, said keeping her players relaxed is a top priority.
"I understand Li and I know she is under heavy pressure," Sun told China Daily.
"I know players are human beings, and I understand the feeling when the whole nation is watching you and expecting a lot from you because I was also a professional athlete some years ago."
A former volleyball player, Sun helped China win three world championships in the 1980's.
"We have been thinking about the right way to relax the players a little bit and we have taken some measures."
In a bid to help the rebellious Li, the center appointed her husband Jiang Shan as her coach, even though Jiang has no coaching qualifications and achieved little of note as a player.
Family involvement is not infrequent in international tennis, but a husband-wife coaching set-up is unprecedented in Chinese professional sporting history.
Romance is prohibited in most national teams to keep athletes focused on their games. Table tennis players and gymnasts even face the prospect of dismissal if caught engaged in physical displays of affection.
"I simply wanted her to feel better on the intense WTA Tour, so we did something hardly seen before in China's sporting history," Sun added.
China's hopes for tennis success in Beijing rose after Li Ting and Sun Tiantian won gold in the women's doubles at the 2004 Athens Olympics.
Adding to expectations is its female players' speedy improvements in the world rankings in recent years, with four now in the top 100 - Li (ranked 17), Zheng Jie (33), Peng Shuai (42) and Sun Tiantian (80).
"There's more pressure after what happened in Athens," said Li. "China will want to win gold in every sport, not just tennis."
But Sun believes Olympic gold is the top task for domestic players in light of the strong state support they receive. In contrast, European and American players usually fund their own careers as they chase down titles.
"For sure the Olympic Games is the most important tournament for Li and her teammates," she said.
"The authorities have invested so much money in coaching and sponsorship for women's tennis, and they offer everything they need to improve on the Tour, so it's the players' responsibility to compete for their country."
China ratcheted up the pressure on its female players last month to ensure they are at the top of their game come summer 2008.
First-round exits will not be considered acceptable and as of June this year players who are eliminated early may have to forfeit their prize money.
Chinese players are now training at a base in Jiangmen. They will leave for the United States after the Spring Festival.