more unrest in France: CPE Strikes, shutdowns etc - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 07:34 AM   #1
country flag "Sluggy"

"Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute
more unrest in France: CPE Strikes, shutdowns etc

Youths take to the streets, more burnings and violence. this time its against Villipin's plan "Contrat Premier Embauche". Its a plan to allow employers to hire you at "fire at will basis". It would enable employers to hire young people short-term, and get rid of lazy, bad habit employees. basically it would give employers rights like they have in america. But the left and far left, as usual, are vehemently and (IMO vulgarly) apposed to it. they believe that youth need job security and that its their god given right to have such luxuries. anyway, full day of train and school strikes tomorrow. Much unpleasantness and general "ras-le-bol" (Fedupness) in france. Ugh, please send me a convoy of positive Americans to cheer me up, take me out for a beer and give me a hug. This negativity is just too digusting.
"Sluggy" is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 07:40 AM   #2
country flag pla

pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute
Thank God (oh wait I am an atheist) the French youth doesn't think the same way as you. Bravo to them
pla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 07:41 AM   #3
country flag "Sluggy"

"Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #4
country flag "Sluggy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pla
Thank God (oh wait I am an atheist) the French youth doesn't think the same way as you. Bravo to them
Waste of time, waste of money. Write some letters if you are not happy, or just get an education and then a job. Shit, the older generation did it, so you can too. You'd have to see it to believe it. they have "Casseurs" youth that come just to burn cars, throw molitof coctails, steal phones etc. speaking to a radical leftist this weekend, she explained that these guys ruin the whole thing, they ruin it with gratuitis violence. And i guarantee you, the govt is not going to negotiate with terrorists. Its not the student protests of the 60's, this shit is different, its very disgusting.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 07:46 AM   #5
country flag frenchie

frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggy
Youths take to the streets, more burnings and violence. this time its against Villipin's plan "Contrat Premier Embauche". Its a plan to allow employers to hire you at "fire at will basis". It would enable employers to hire young people short-term, and get rid of lazy, bad habit employees. basically it would give employers rights like they have in america. But the left and far left, as usual, are vehemently and (IMO vulgarly) apposed to it. they believe that youth need job security and that its their god given right to have such luxuries. anyway, full day of train and school strikes tomorrow. Much unpleasantness and general "ras-le-bol" (Fedupness) in france. Ugh, please send me a convoy of positive Americans to cheer me up, take me out for a beer and give me a hug. This negativity is just too digusting.
I agree with you!
I'm at the University and she's closed for the last 2 weeks
It's becoming really annoying that when some people are not happy with something, they feel the need to block the country and force the others to share they point of view

Radwanska - S. Williams - V. Williams - Kerber
frenchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 07:48 AM   #6
country flag pla

pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Waste of time, waste of money. Write some letters if you are not happy, or just get an education and then a job. Shit, the older generation did it, so you can too. You'd have to see it to believe it. they have "Casseurs" youth that come just to burn cars, throw molitof coctails, steal phones etc. speaking to a radical leftist this weekend, she explained that these guys ruin the whole thing, they ruin it with gratuitis violence. And i guarantee you, the govt is not going to negotiate with terrorists. Its not the student protests of the 60's, this shit is different, its very disgusting.
You can also write some letters if you're not happy with the portests, if there's someone that will read them is another story though I mean, they have the right to protest against this.

Les casseurs don't have much to do with the prostests. I hope they continue until the stupid CPE is abolished and after that the CNE
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 07:50 AM   #7
country flag pla

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie
I agree with you!
I'm at the University and she's closed for the last 2 weeks
It's becoming really annoying that when some people are not happy with something, they feel the need to block the country and force the others to share they point of view
Well, sometimes your agriculteur come and block Luxembourg but I am sure that doesn't bother you much . As soon they don't disturb your life.. huh?
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 07:59 AM   #8
country flag frenchie

frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pla
Well, sometimes your agriculteur come and block Luxembourg but I am sure that doesn't bother you much . As soon they don't disturb your life.. huh?
actually it bothers me as I live 2 minutes from Luxembourg

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 07:59 AM   #9
country flag "Sluggy"

Each protest and strike costs so many millions of euros. Each time they strike thats proably 100 more jobs that people will never have - costs of riot police, organising, cleaing up (just for starters) are very high, and its money that could otherwise be spent employing these ungrateful hotheads.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 08:03 AM   #10
country flag pla

Quote:
actually it bothers me as I live 2 minutes from Luxembourg
Wow I din't see that one comming

But seriously too, it's unfortunate that you have to wait for the bloackade to end but they really fight for you too. If they succeed one day you'll have the results of this while working. I don't know how many "precaire" jobs you had but I had them in Bulgaria even with a profession as mines and it's nothing about the will of working, lazyness or what so ever. It's just like slavery.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 08:11 AM   #11
country flag frenchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pla
Wow I din't see that one comming

But seriously too, it's unfortunate that you have to wait for the bloackade to end but they really fight for you too. If they succeed one day you'll have the results of this while working. I don't know how many "precaire" jobs you had but I had them in Bulgaria even with a profession as mines and it's nothing about the will of working, lazyness or what so ever. It's just like slavery.
I don't really know what to think about CPE
you know a lot of people also need it. They prefer this kind of contracts instead of nothing
I also think the CPE is not something I'll have to deal with. I'm doing long studies to find a safety and pleasent job (maybe in Lux ). but who knows afterall!

However young people with no diploma have a lot of difficulties to find a job. Maybe a CPE is better for them than staying at home and benefits from social help

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 08:19 AM   #12
country flag pla

Quote:
I don't really know what to think about CPE
you know a lot of people also need it. They prefer this kind of contracts instead of nothing
I also think the CPE is not something I'll have to deal with. I'm doing long studies to find a safety and pleasent job (maybe in Lux ). but who knows afterall!

However young people with no diploma have a lot of difficulties to find a job. Maybe a CPE is better for them than staying at home and benefits from social help
The problem is not only the CPE, it's the whole idea of changing the boss-employee relashionship to become more close to what in USA is known as "at will" work. Do you remember that woman, the chief of the Medef said the CPE/CNE contracts is the first step of killing the CDI. And THAT's the real danger. In fact it will affect you too, it's not only for the poor people from the banlieu it's for everyone. Because nothing, absolutely nothing stops the bosses to hire you on a CPE, which mean no house for living during two years. And when you pass the 26th birthday threshold, you still have the CNE. And the government gives subsides to the emploeurs to hire on CPE, so you see... why would someone hire you on a CDI if he has more advantage to hire you with a CPE?!

And btw, if this law doesn't change in France it will come here too , in Lux they copy everything from France and Belgium.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 08:29 AM   #13
country flag "Sluggy"

ya know, if the govt could just print as much money as the people wanted, we could all be rich. but then you might have to bring a garbage load of money to the baker to get a loaf of bread. Point being, if we give employers more flexibility they can actually hire more people. if you force them into a contract situation the employer's hands are tied. I dont like it.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 08:32 AM   #14
country flag pla

Quote:
ya know, if the govt could just print as much money as the people wanted, we could all be rich. but then you might have to bring a garbage load of money to the baker to get a loaf of bread. Point being, if we give employers more flexibility they can actually hire more people. if you force them into a contract situation the employer's hands are tied. I dont like it.
Hiring more people will only come from producing more richness and not because the emploeyrs an easier way to fire people
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 10:04 AM   #15
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Sluggy, yet again I have some serious issues with what you're saying. Europe does not want employers to have rights like they have in America. The unions in the US are practically worthless because all of the legislation is in favour of the empolyers and not the employees.

Job security is not a "god-given right", but why on earth should it be the young people who are discriminated against?

It also seems to be suggested that people who go on strike and demonstrate against the CPE are "disgusting" On the contrary, they are having the courage to stand up for themselves, and to stand up for their beliefs....laziness doesn't come into it. And striking is not something which workers do at the drop of a hat either.
I applaud everyone who stands up to the CPE.....we are not America, and we never want to become like America.

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote