Sacha Jones - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 15th, 2007, 04:28 PM   #76
country flag Cat's Pajamas
A Young Troubadour.

Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sacha Jones

Well she lost to Erakovic in the semifinal and then lost the next week in another 25K in Portugal to Neuza or whatever her name was in the second round. It was a pretty tough draw.

Does anyone know where she's playing next?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 15th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #77
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
Well she lost to Erakovic in the semifinal and then lost the next week in another 25K in Portugal to Neuza or whatever her name was in the second round. It was a pretty tough draw.

US Open juniors I think
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 10:37 AM   #78
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Sacha is making awesome progress. This Silva girl is really getting the best of the Aussie and Kiwi girls. Keep it up Sacha
Dani12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 11:03 AM   #79
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post

It will most likely be next week at the Canadian Open Junior Championships. She participated there last year, and I remember her boasting to the media about the great atmosphere that was there.
Its a G1 event and its not too far away from the US Open so im hoping that there will be some other top quality juniors participating there as well.

Then the week after she will be playing in the US Open Junior Championships.
Sacha is still fairly young and her performances in the recent ITF events would have definately boosted her confidence (especially when she beat Silva when Silva won a 25k title only a number of days earlier!). Sacha's head is in the right place and I really do give her a good shot at making it to at least the semifinals at the US Open Junior Championships, I can actually picture her holding that trophy right now
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 12:35 PM   #80
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyking View Post
It will most likely be next week at the Canadian Open Junior Championships. She participated there last year, and I remember her boasting to the media about the great atmosphere that was there.
Its a G1 event and its not too far away from the US Open so im hoping that there will be some other top quality juniors participating there as well.

Then the week after she will be playing in the US Open Junior Championships.
Sacha is still fairly young and her performances in the recent ITF events would have definately boosted her confidence (especially when she beat Silva when Silva won a 25k title only a number of days earlier!). Sacha's head is in the right place and I really do give her a good shot at making it to at least the semifinals at the US Open Junior Championships, I can actually picture her holding that trophy right now
I dont know if shes got enough power in her game to win the US Open. I think she would have more of a shot at RG. Altho I hope I'm wrong.
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 01:06 PM   #81
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanova View Post
I dont know if shes got enough power in her game to win the US Open. I think she would have more of a shot at RG. Altho I hope I'm wrong.
I think shes got a far higher chance of winning Junior US Open than Junior RG. No im not saying this because the US Open is in a few weeks where the next RG isnt til mid next year.

- Sacha trained on hardcourts in New Zealand, also in her base in Tampa she trains on hardcourts mostly
- Clay courts tend to wear out players more than Hard Courts, and that increases the chance of Sacha getting another dear I say it *injury*
- Sacha did very well here last year
- Americas like a second home for her
- She is very well respected by many American players - Madi Brengle, Ashley Weinhold, Veronica Li are all close friends and last year a number of other American players went to see her matches too,
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 12:27 AM   #82
country flag moo_85

moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light

Sacha has been doing so well!! I am so happy for her, after all her injury woes she is doing great again. She must be playing well, especially that second week in Spain. Good for her, not only will it give her confidence but also improve her ranking into the 420's I think??

Silva is a tough opponent and she beat her once and it was very close the other. I hope she can capitilize on this form and take it into the US and Canada tournaments.
moo_85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #83
country flag kittyking

As I expected Sacha Jones is competing in the Canadian Open Junior Championship, this starts in just a few days
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 12:14 PM   #84
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanova View Post
Zhenya Win it
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 02:46 AM   #85
country flag moo_85

moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light
Canada!!!

Sacha plays Anne Christine Voicu of Canada second round in the grade 1 in Montreal. She got a bye first round and isn't playing doubles. Play well girl
moo_85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 03:27 AM   #86
country flag kittyking

Re: Canada!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo_85 View Post
Sacha plays Anne Christine Voicu of Canada second round in the grade 1 in Montreal. She got a bye first round and isn't playing doubles. Play well girl
Its a very tough field, although I think that Sacha has the best quarter. I saw Anne Christine Voicu play here in Christchurch earlier and the year, and while she did have a reasonable all around game she lacked the consistency needed to become a top 20 junior. On the other hand Sacha Jones' game does not influcate and when she needs to put the power to the metal she does in superb fashion. My prediction is that Sacha will win 6-4 6-4

Im glad that Sacha isnt going to play doubles, she wants to be a top 100 singles player - not a top 100 doubles player (I couldnt name half of the top 100 players without a large number of guesses or looking it up)
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 05:39 AM   #87
country flag kittyking

Sacha beat ACV
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 11:53 PM   #88
country flag kittyking

Yana BUCHINA (RUS) def Sacha JONES (NZL) (6) 7-5 5-7 6-3

Seeds 1,2,5,6 and 9 all went today - strange
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 01:10 AM   #89
country flag Mana

Sacha
Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 06:23 AM   #90
country flag kittyking

Sachas versing her good friend and former doubles partner Veronica Li in the first round

Shes got an awful draw! Likely versing Ksenia Pervak in the second round, Kai-Chen Chang Chang/Ashley Weinhold in the third round, Nikola Hofmanova/Michelle Larcher De Brito in the quarters, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova in the semis and then Urzula Radwanska in the final - eek!