Sacha Jones - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 04:49 AM   #16
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sacha Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by etf View Post
Kalgoorlie $25k:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Singles 1r:
Sacha d. Anna Smith (GBR) - 6-4,6-3

Next Up:
Kumiko Iijima (JPN)
Thanks for bumping this thread

Anna Smith is in good form as at late so its a very good win for Sacha - Kumiko is another step up though, could be a bit more of a struggle for Sacha (I still have faith in her though)
Advertisement

Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 06:21 AM   #17
country flag etf

etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold

From Tennis NZ

Auckland teenager Sacha Jones has won her way into the quarterfinals at the US$25,000 Kalgoorlie Challenger in Western Australia.

Jones, 16 beat sixth seed Iijima Kumiko of Japan who is ranked at 271 in the world 6-4 6-3. It is the second career quarterfinal for Jones after she made the last eight at Traralgon in Australia last year before losing to Marina Erakovic.

Jones will face either top seed Casey Dell'Acqua of Australia or German Antonia Matic in the quarterfinals at Kalgoorlie.

Katherine Westbury ~ Emily Fanning ~ Dianne Hollands
etf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 06:32 AM   #18
country flag etf

etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold

Sacha should reappear in the WTA rankings next week at a career high of about 640, (previous high 736) and then in the next ranking list at about 550, or better if she wins her next match.

Katherine Westbury ~ Emily Fanning ~ Dianne Hollands
etf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 07:00 AM   #19
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by etf View Post
From Tennis NZ

Auckland teenager Sacha Jones has won her way into the quarterfinals at the US$25,000 Kalgoorlie Challenger in Western Australia.

Jones, 16 beat sixth seed Iijima Kumiko of Japan who is ranked at 271 in the world 6-4 6-3. It is the second career quarterfinal for Jones after she made the last eight at Traralgon in Australia last year before losing to Marina Erakovic.

Jones will face either top seed Casey Dell'Acqua of Australia or German Antonia Matic in the quarterfinals at Kalgoorlie.
Very nice win for Sacha!!!!

Lets hope that she doesnt repeat what happenned last time she reached a quarterfinal (didnt she loose something like 6-0 6-1?). Im sorta hoping that Antonia has an absolute stunner and beats Casey because Caseys in great form and would be a real challenge to Sacha.
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:19 AM   #20
country flag kittyking

Update: She will verse Casey tomorrow
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:01 AM   #21
country flag kittyking

Tomorrow number 11 ranked Sacha Jones will have a training session with Australian Open Runnerup Madi Brengle.
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 04:47 AM   #22
country flag moo_85

moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light moo_85 is a glorious beacon of light

yo, i saw sacha practising today so i thought i would go up and see if she would talk to me briefly afterwould!she hits really hard with lots of spin and was really cool and calm during the points. She was really nice and we talked for a couple minutes but she had to go to the gym so not too long. she is training with her former coach Chris Lewis for a few days before playing the grade 1 is carson, cal. (chris moved to south cali 18 months ago from new zealand). she was very happy to be training with lewis who apparently lives about 45mins away from carson. she doesn't like to talk to much about her game but thinks she has improved alot latley and she was injured for like 5 months and says it was actually good for her and is now playing way better and smarter than she was before injured. I am gonna watch her play this week during the tournaments so if i get to a computer i will tell you what i think!!!
moo_85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 06:54 AM   #23
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Have fun!

Go to hear Sacha is still eager to see improvement in her game. She was really agressive and powerful when I saw her play at the Rosebowl (Gold Coast, Queensland). I'd love to see her play some of the Aussies!!
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 02:38 AM   #24
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo_85 View Post
yo, i saw sacha practising today so i thought i would go up and see if she would talk to me briefly afterwould!she hits really hard with lots of spin and was really cool and calm during the points. She was really nice and we talked for a couple minutes but she had to go to the gym so not too long. she is training with her former coach Chris Lewis for a few days before playing the grade 1 is carson, cal. (chris moved to south cali 18 months ago from new zealand). she was very happy to be training with lewis who apparently lives about 45mins away from carson. she doesn't like to talk to much about her game but thinks she has improved alot latley and she was injured for like 5 months and says it was actually good for her and is now playing way better and smarter than she was before injured. I am gonna watch her play this week during the tournaments so if i get to a computer i will tell you what i think!!!
Sounds good

Yay I get to see her again next week when shes playing fed cup here in christchurch - im not sure if Sacha mentioned to you but when she was injured she watched alot of tennis on tv. This could be why she came back in reasonably good form (most players take a few weeks to get back).
Old Apr 15th, 2007, 10:14 PM   #25
country flag kittyking

WELL DONE SACHA JONES - USTA International Spring Championship Singles Winner 2007!

Once again this shows that shes got the potential to go quite a way in tennis - she beat a number of reasonably good players here this week with her best win probably coming in the semifinal against this years junior AO runnerup Madi on Madis favourite playing surface in front of a mostly american crowd (won easily in straight sets too).
Sacha is probably boarding a plane as we speak and I look forward to seeing her tomorrow here in Christchurch!!!
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 03:52 AM   #26
country flag kittyking

I was there this morning when Sacha played, I didnt take any pictures tho(stupid cameras dead I found out at 7:30 this morning)

Sacha played absolutely stunningly!!!! She didnt start very well, but once she started to attack the ball alot more she was pretty much unstopable. And yea in the second set it always seemed to look like she was going to win, although I cant help but feel that Shika gave the match alittle towards the end (she more concentrated on just putting the ball back in court which was never going to stop Sacha attack rolling on).

Oh and Sacha is very beautiful btw
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 10:00 AM   #27
country flag kittyking

Old Apr 19th, 2007, 12:16 PM   #28
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Sooveryoufraza, ur in love aren't u?

Well done Sacha keep up the good results
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 12:32 PM   #29
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
Sooveryoufraza, ur in love aren't u?

Well done Sacha keep up the good results
Why do some many people say that

Oh and she didnt actually win today, it was a very close match though and everyone was expecting it to go to 3 sets
Old May 5th, 2007, 09:24 PM   #30
country flag Cat's Pajamas
A Young Troubadour.

Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute

Sacha is also on the entry lists for some big junior tournaments coming up in Europe