Kristina Antoniychuk:The Rising Star - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 4th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #391
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kristina Antoniychuk:The Rising Star

1R
Olivia Sanchez (FRA) v Kristina Antoniychuk (UKR)
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #392
country flag Blackeagle
-Görgeous-

Blackeagle has a brilliant future Blackeagle has a brilliant future Blackeagle has a brilliant future Blackeagle has a brilliant future Blackeagle has a brilliant future Blackeagle has a brilliant future Blackeagle has a brilliant future Blackeagle has a brilliant future Blackeagle has a brilliant future Blackeagle has a brilliant future Blackeagle has a brilliant future

Kristina Antoniychuk (UKR) def. Olivia Sanchez (FRA) 6-2 4-6 6-2

2nd Round probably against Keothavong. Not easy but not impossible either
Blackeagle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #393
country flag KDG

KDG is an unknown quantity at this point

what's the result?
KDG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #394
country flag Krzysiu.

Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
Kristina Antoniychuk (UKR) def. Olivia Sanchez (FRA) 6-2 4-6 6-2

2nd Round probably against Keothavong. Not easy but not impossible either
It must have been glamour match
Krzysiu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #395
country flag Krzysiu.

Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of

Did you guys already forget Ukrainian sweetie who is playing Johannesburg this week.
Krzysiu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #396
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

oh no Kristina has been banned for 14 months due to doping... she will only be back in 2011

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
PerfectForm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 04:04 PM   #397
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectForm View Post
oh no Kristina has been banned for 14 months due to doping... she will only be back in 2011
How unfair

Quote:
LONDON (AP)—Ukrainian teen Kristina Antoniychuk has been suspended from tennis for 14 months for doping.

The International Tennis Federation said on Wednesday the 19-year-old Antoniychuk tested positive for the banned diuretic furosemide at the Mexican Open on Feb. 22. She said the drug got into her system through a prescription.

The ITF accepted her explanation, but says that she lacked a therapeutic exemption and that players are responsible to ensure “no prohibited substance enters his-her body.”

Antoniychuk’s ban will end on April 21, 2011. Her results since the date of the positive test will be disqualified.
They accept that she wasn't trying to cheat, that it was from a prescription medicine, yet they still insist on a 14 month ban? Ridiculous. Surely they should reduce this to much less. The players need a proper support system that will actually stand up for them on issues like this. Players like Kristina spend many years training, and to have over a year wasted by a stupid thing like this, . I hate the bureaucracy of the drug testing system, they aren't even catching drug cheats anymore, they're catching people in loopholes, like lawyers. If they want to catch actual cheats they should focus more in private investigating to find people distributing/creating/buying and less on catching poor people like Kristina out on technicalities.

Last edited by HowardH : May 15th, 2010 at 04:14 PM.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:58 PM   #398
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

Well, this is not the first unfair case of drug penalties, at least in terms of sports. Andreea Raducan (2000 Olympics Gymnastics AA champ, & will always be in my heart) was stripped of her gold medal after testing positive for a substance in a cold pill that isn't even in the banned list anymore (should have never been there in the first place, IMO).

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
Old May 15th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #399
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Keep training Khrys

Thunderous comeback in 2011 !!
Old May 20th, 2010, 02:47 AM   #400
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectForm View Post
Well, this is not the first unfair case of drug penalties, at least in terms of sports. Andreea Raducan (2000 Olympics Gymnastics AA champ, & will always be in my heart) was stripped of her gold medal after testing positive for a substance in a cold pill that isn't even in the banned list anymore (should have never been there in the first place, IMO).
Yes, Raducan got an unfair penalty for cold medicine pseudoephedrine- Nurofen, Sudafed etc. It was taken off the banned list in 2004, but as of Jan 10 this year, it is actually on the banned list again . They are catching people on technicalities, just because they lack the know-how to actually find the people who are really trying to cheat. As I said, I think the answer is turning to private investigating to find circles which are actually promoting, creating or distributing performance enhancing drugs. An athlete who has no desire to cheat and who takes reasonable precautions should be safe from the worry of being banned. Right now, it's actually extremely difficult to make sure you are not going to be banned, because taking some normal medicine that a doctor prescribes to you could get you in trouble. If you've already made it big, your support team will probably keep a watch on you and make sure you are okay, but small fish keep getting caught by the technicalities. So you basically have to take nothing. One of my coaches was a tennis player ranked maybe 200, he was too afraid to take anything when he was sick. It's ridiculous. One day someone in some sport will refuse to take something prescribed to them by a doctor, or in a hospital, for fear of testing positive, and will die as a result. Only then will the situation change.

Hopefully she will have a good comeback in 2011.

Last edited by HowardH : May 20th, 2010 at 02:53 AM.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:10 PM   #401
country flag PerfectForm

Yea. All we can hope for is that kirstina does not give up on tennis after a long wait but will come back stronger than before.

Old May 20th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #402
country flag bbjpa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of

Dam it ! She was the one I wanted the most to see in the FO qualies.

I thought she was injured when she withdrew in recent ITF 75K-100K events , but it was worse
bbjpa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2010, 04:05 AM   #403
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

any news on her training?
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #404
country flag Fired
Tennis?

Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute

Her ban must be over soon, right?
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 09:19 PM   #405
country flag Andiyan

Quote:
Antoniychuk’s ban will end on April 21, 2011.